Options to get stuff shipped from China...Lets discuss

I might be necroposting and even posting information that's not new to most, but wanted to put this here in case it appeals to someone.

I was impacted by the demise of aliexpress as a retailer for obscure/cheap electronics that were hard to find elsewhere. I've since found some alternatives that bridge some of the gap and wanted to share (some were mentioned earlier, some were not).

DHgate​

DH gate has been pretty good for things I can buy in bulk. I've bought packs of 10 screen protectors for ~60 each. The screen protectors have arrived all 3 times that I've ordered them, and were of high quality. Here is a link to the specific listing I'd use.

ebay​

Ebay has been hit or miss for ordering things from China. I'd had a rich history of using it in the mid 2010's, but those were indian sellers afaik.
Of my 3 purchases from here since november 2023, one never arrived. Availing a refund for orders that don't arrive from ebay is morally questionable since the seller may be penalized here for no fault of their own. The actual fault may have been of indian customs, shipping companies, etc. Note that I'm making these make with no actual proof though; the seller may still be at fault anyway.

Sunsky​

Sunsky online might be my new favorite aliexpress replacement. The range of products may not match aliexpress, but the reliability has been pretty solid.
Of the shipping options, I have tried yanwen and china post. While china post was cheaper as a shipping option, I was charged custom duty at receipt of the item; india post ended up being used for completing the shipment once it had arrived in India. Time between ordering and receiving the item was 12 days.
Alternatively, yanwen took around 10 days and the shipping within India was handled by bluedart. There was no custom duty involved, and I've used yanwen again for my latest order.

3d printing​

I realize this doesn't even technically add to the "options to get stuff shipped from china", but I also realize that a lot of the things I used to scout chinese sellers for - I 3d print today. I would highly recommend anyone looking for intricate/obscure plastic parts to check out thingiverse/printables for STL's. If anyone wants something 3d printed for a nominal fee, please feel free to PM me, or check out Robu's 3d printing service.

DHgate​

DH gate has been pretty good for things I can buy in bulk. I've bought packs of 10 screen protectors for ~60 each. The screen protectors have arrived all 3 times that I've ordered them, and were of high quality. Here is a link to the specific listing I'd use.

for Rs.600/- product how much shipping/custom etc. DHgate charged?
Can we place order for Single Piece also with them?

Sunsky​

Sunsky online might be my new favorite aliexpress replacement. The range of products may not match aliexpress, but the reliability has been pretty solid.
Of the shipping options, I have tried yanwen and china post. While china post was cheaper as a shipping option, I was charged custom duty at receipt of the item; india post ended up being used for completing the shipment once it had arrived in India. Time between ordering and receiving the item was 12 days.
Alternatively, yanwen took around 10 days and the shipping within India was handled by bluedart. There was no custom duty involved, and I've used yanwen again for my latest order.
On sunsky were all your orders subjected to customs duty when u chose china post? What was the pricing.
What was your pricing when u chose yanwen for shipping?
From what i remember i think till 2000 or 2500 usually one doesn't gets charged customs, i maybe wrong but 2-3 yrs back i ordered few things of ebay calculating like this.
I don't remember where i read that.

Back