Orange Box In stores Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
manojmenon35 said:
Hi All,

It was a stupid mistake by one of our greedy distributors to make some fast cash, we have stopped supplies to alfa, so be rest assured you are paying the fair price only, Guys appreciate the fact that you are probably the only gamers in the world who got to buy this product at this price.

Cheers
manoj:
I agreee with what some of the others have said, ...............greedy ..... than alfa,

The mrp says 999 so its the maximum price, not the minimum price.
All Alfa did was try and sell large numbers of the game at a better price, which would have ment more sales for you, I hope you get understand this business sense someday.
People who would have never bought the game for 999 bought it because it was 750 this time. (resulting in larger sales volume for you) Duh

Rather than selling a few copies for 999 you could do way better if you actually sold it for 750.
Why take it out at alfa? Even in the US this practice is allowed. And there is nothing wrong with it.

Sure Buddy,

I would love too , but since we are on a public forum i cannot give out the numbers, i just explain the fundas how this works, the disty get a discount off the mrp when he pick up the qty from us, he then resells to the retailer after keeping his margin. In this case he kept a very low margin for himself as alfa was paying in cash upfront for the order. so this enabled alfa to sell at a lower price hence the 750 price mess. To top it all he is not supposed to sell to Alfa. as it is a direct account for us and if we had supplied him the material the discount we provide would have ensured that alfa does not sell below 850.

And one more point I have not offered to sell to anybody at Rs 800. I just said if anybody has a problem getting their copy I would help them . Hope u r satisfied with the reply. World wide Cd Roms is 10 yrs old company in the gaming business and we are proud to say that we have bought some of the best games at the best prices to the gaming community in India. THe Orange Box is a very Loud Example of the

same. Cheers Manoj

go figure...

edited...

I guess we should be thankful o WWI for letting us have the game so soon and at lower prices then the rest of the world... Thats the bottom line...

Switch said:
edited...

I guess we should be thankful o WWI for letting us have the game so soon and at lower prices then the rest of the world... Thats the bottom line...

we will be more thankful for even lower prices naturally
lets see...40 ppl got the 750 version and 10 ppl got 999 version...which made more profit?

Hey, I think this is needless, 999 everyone will agree is a fair price. It really is.
We should encourage more fairly priced games rather than get caught up issues like margins and such. If the price was like 1500-200 plus then I could understand this discussion.

From a business perspective a distributer will want the prices to be uniform, the issue is broader than a single dealer like Alfa undercutting. All companies do this to ensure uniform pricing.

its our hard earned money thats going to them, its a service.. They are giving us the game and we are giving them our money.

The samething happens in the hardware scene, seller A wants xxxx seller B is giving it for 300-400bux lesser than seller A...

p.s
the first Hl2 back in 2004 or so was retailing for 1499 and was Imported & distributed by milstone interactive. (Asia Pasific Edition)

The orange box packaging and DVD reproduction everything is done locally. maybe another reason for a lower price?? (for sale in India only)

nukeu666 said:
we will be more thankful for even lower prices naturally
lets see...40 ppl got the 750 version and 10 ppl got 999 version...which made more profit?

This is excatly the reason I got in this debate and said Alfa was wrong in selling at 750, some people will feel cheated because they could not buy from Alfa. The truth is I did not sell at a lesser price to the disty, so my margin is nowhere concerned with what the retailer decides to sell to the end user. so the question of my greed does not arise and belive me I was the one who decided the MRP to be 999 when we could have easily priced the same product 1299 or 1499 and made more money with ease and I am sure most of the ppl who bought the game would have happily paid that price. i rest my case as you cannot please everyone and thanx to guys who understood and supported my comments on the ethics of doing business the right way.

cheers

Manoj:)

There are 2 largely varied ways of doing profit.

You sell each item marked up to a high price and sell few.

You sell a large number of items with a low markup on each item.

In the second one, the customer gets the benefit passed on to them as well.

How is Alfa wrong at selling product X at even half the price of MRP? Can someone please explain that to me. Isn't what is being done called "price fixing?" Deliberately force retailers to sell at Price Y. Even if they want to go via profit-from-volume?

KiD0M4N said:
There are 2 largely varied ways of doing profit.

You sell each item marked up to a high price and sell few.
You sell a large number of items with a low markup on each item.

In the second one, the customer gets the benefit passed on to them as well.

How is Alfa wrong at selling product X at even half the price of MRP? Can someone please explain that to me. Isn't what is being done called "price fixing?" Deliberately force retailers to sell at Price Y. Even if they want to go via profit-from-volume?

My point exactly.... Its up to Alfa to sell it at what price he wants after his margin.
Same thing is done by the big players like Big bazar, and others. I dont see Distris and companies complaining ??

well a debate like that doesnt really have a place in the gaming section. if you have any grievances with a distro please contact them via proper channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back