User Guides Organanize Your Tv Shows (& Movies) Using theRenamer

We all Love our TV Shows and movies,don't we? but often we find that they are unorganized lying here and there in our HDDs because organizing them one by one is too much PITA :p I came across a nifty little freeware which could give your movie and TV show folders,to quote a fellow TEian, a girly level of cleanliness :)

So Ladies and gents (Er..I Meant Neha :bleh: and Gents ) let me present before u - theRenamer

zZGg5.jpg

(Download Link)

Part I - Organizing TV Shows

1.Install (duh!!) and connect to the internet

2.Start theRenamer

3.First Things First - The settings

Code:
We Will be Going For Showname\Season #\ Showname - (season)x(epnumber) - Episodetitle format.e.g. Game of Thrones\Season 1\Game of Thrones - 01x04 - Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things

Click on Global settings at the bottom left corner of the window and make sure everything is same like the following screenshot

U6dqi.jpg

3.Now The TV Show Specific settings - Click on settings on top right corner.change the options to match with the following Screenshot.click close to come back to the original window.

bFHtJ.jpg

4.To Select the database according to which your TV shows will be organized Click the bright green options on the bottom right corner (IMO TVDB is the best)

5.Drag your TV Show files onto the main window.theRenamer searches for the episode titles

ZmyRn.jpg

5.And Finally Displays The Results

DeQWb.jpg

If everything's fine,Click proceed

Code:
Note - in case any file shows the wrong info , uncheck the files for which info had been retrieved wrong or not retrieved at all,Click proceed and try them second Time

6.Thats it!! go Back to ur TV Show archive folder to see them all organized :)

Part II - Organizing Movies

(Step 1 & 2?Really? :p )

3.Click on The Big Hulk-Green TV Show Written at the center of the original window.

It Should Change To Something like the following

SUlCl.jpg

4.Now The Movie Specific settings - Click on settings on top right corner.change the options to match with the following Screenshot.click close to come back to the original window.

Code:
We Will be Going For Movie ((Year) (MPAA Rating) (IMDB Rating)) format,i.e. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998 R 7.6)

RRSAk.jpg

Code:
[B]Fetch Folder[/B] Means the folder from which you will drag and drop the movie files (Maybe your Download Folder?)

[B]Archive Folder[/B] Means The Folder where you Will Finally store The Movie

Selecting the [B]Auto Move[/B] option will move the files after renaming to your Archive folder without asking for confirmation

5.Done !! Now Drag and Drop The movie Files,theRenamer searches for movie info

eLGuq.jpg

6.And Finally Displays The Results

1XLci.jpg

If everything's fine,Click proceed

Code:
Note - in case any file shows the wrong info , uncheck the files for which info had been retrieved wrong or not retrieved at all,Click proceed for other files ,Make Sure The Movie name Spelling etc is okay and try them second Time

7.6.Voila!! go Back to ur Movie archive folder to see them all organized :)

I Will be Glad If this n00b tut could be of any help to my Fellow TEians.

All Hail Dexter!!​

@Rolisoft

I have just updated the software to V2 but i am now losing out on the remaining functionality.

As soon as i add the video files to rename, it gives me an exception error for all the files. Dont know why. It worked fine in previous version.

My internet is working fine.

Also i tried adding a TV show to the list of TV shows (i have none in the list) and it detected the name fine but the downloading guide thing took ages and never got loaded.

Will try to post screenshots later. Can you help ?

I tried RS TV Show tracker and it did not work at all for me. It constantly gave me force closes and did not work at all. Installed TheRenamer and it worked flawlessly.

When I added a TV Show to the RTST it just kept on loading and did not do anything. Renaming the files was a total fail. TheRenamer does the job for me alright :)

djmykey said:
Does anyone know of a software where I can add the shows I watch and it can show me when the next episode airs ?

xbmc

you can as well keep track of watched and unwatched episodes movies etc

Although i may have asked before, can anyone please list whatever websites you know which can allow one to add the TV shows and keep a tab of what is watched and what is upcoming and such.
I know we have softwares but i am looking for something which is online, something like i can login to that site and manage the list and such.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Following are the issues i have found with the RS TV shows tracker

1. Cannot install a newer version without uninstalling the older one.
2. The "Downloading Guide" seems to go into some infinite loop and never completes.
3. File renamer always gives exception.

I tried some May 2011 version of the software and that too fails to work. Not sure if it is software issue / server issue or what :S

raksrules said:
Although i may have asked before, can anyone please list whatever websites you know which can allow one to add the TV shows and keep a tab of what is watched and what is upcoming and such.
I know we have softwares but i am looking for something which is online, something like i can login to that site and manage the list and such.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Following are the issues i have found with the RS TV shows tracker

1. Cannot install a newer version without uninstalling the older one.
2. The "Downloading Guide" seems to go into some infinite loop and never completes.
3. File renamer always gives exception.

I tried some May 2011 version of the software and that too fails to work. Not sure if it is software issue / server issue or what :S

Sorry for my late answer. ALL your problems are caused by a dependency error, which got in due to the update to the SQLite library.
Please download and install the following small file: vcredist_x86_2010_SP1.exe

It should fix the following problems:
- the software didn't list your shows after update;
- when you're trying to add a new show, it just hangs at "Downloading guide";
- when your renaming files, it just hangs at the detection stage.

Next time please use the "Send feedback" menu as that option sends an email to my phone; I don't check forums regularly.

Back