Mac OS OSX Lion released.

PhotostarSR said:
Installed it.

One highly pi$$ing off thing that i noticed, Mission Control doesn't show the minimized apps!!! WTF?!

Even parallels desktop doesn't seems to be working :(

Since you are a recent Mac convert, I would like to give you an advice: You should start "un"learning your windowzy habits :)

Minimizing apps is a thing-of-past, Cmd + H (Hide) is the way to go on a Mac!

Installed.. working splendidly. It's going to take a while to get used to the new Natural scrolling and gestures.

[attachment=8673:15169.attach]

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2011-07-21-at-12.24.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2011-07-21-at-12.24.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 118
Pat said:
Since you are a recent Mac convert, I would like to give you an advice: You should start "un"learning your windowzy habits :)

Minimizing apps is a thing-of-past, Cmd + H (Hide) is the way to go on a Mac!

How is Cmd + H useful over Minimizing apps...? :S For some reason, i feel Windows 7 task bar to be lotttt better than Mac OSX Dock....after a month with OSX.

Also, Two finger swipe to go back and forward is not working in Finder...even with BetterTouchTool :(

Most importantly, did anyone notice decline in battery 'performance'?? I said 'Performance' because, i found that apart from almost ~30% decline in battery life, i also find its taking more than usual time to charge!!

I'm not coming to any conclusions as its been only a day...

I wish Apple had made something like HyperDock for Window Previews by default in Lion....and Cmd + X Cut-Paste still missing? :(

And guys what do you prefer...Parallels Desktop or Vmware Fusion??

PhotostarSR said:
How is Cmd + H useful over Minimizing apps...? :S For some reason, i feel Windows 7 task bar to be lotttt better than Mac OSX Dock....after a month with OSX.

1. Minimized apps clutter your dock unnecessarily! Hidden apps do not add icons to your dock!

2. When you minimize a window, menu-bar still remains intact. Hide completely moves the app in background (still accessible through Cmd + Tab or if you have a shortcut on dock)

3. Minimized windows don't show on Expose (IIRC), but Hidden windows are displayed for sure.

4. "Hide" hides all open windows of the current program. Minimize only minimizes one window at a time!

Pat said:
3. Minimized windows don't show on Expose (IIRC), but Hidden windows are displayed for sure.
!

They certainly did in SL, Expose used to split the screen into two for that, like so.

[attachment=8703:15201.attach]

Attachments

• dock-expose-small.jpg
    dock-expose-small.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 114
Well, it shows up in Expose, just tried it. However, when you switch between apps through Cmd + Tab, minimized apps stay minimized, Hidden apps/windows come to the front! This, along with clutter-free dock, are the reasons why I have never used Minimize on OS X ever since I learned Hiding!

I bought the OSX Lion from iTunes store as a digital download. Used xMove and made a backup installer on my USB Hdd (and also on the internal hdd).

Lion runs pretty smooth and the DSDT that used to work perfectly on Snow Leopard works perfect here too. My Radeon 5770 and my old GF 9400GT both were natively detected and OE/CI both were enabled.

Lion felt little faster when compared to snow leopard and on i5/i7 based systems one might be able to see very clear difference.

Back