Overwatch open beta

Tried the beta. May not be everyone's cup of tea but I did find it fun to play. Not sure about it long term though.

Game is not really tf2 imo but something like dota 2 mixed with FPS. The heroes are too varied with different powers and skills and you need to keep changing heroes based on the current game since each hero has counters.

The best part I feel is the fluid graphics and pixar like animation/worlds.

Which is a better game overwatch or battleborn, both seem to have the same kinda vibe.

Cant say via a direct comparison but I would choose Overwatch just on the fact that it is Blizzard over battleborn. Pretty sure it is going to have better support and gamer count over time.

I find it to be the LOL version of FPS and TF. Should be fun for casuals though. Personally I'd rather have it in the form of a 3D animated movie. :D what?
Blizzard trying their hands on grabbing a small share of that "online gaming" market of every genre out there. RPG D3, RTS SC2 (a daed game lol), card game Hearthstone, MOBA HotS. Now Overwatch.
Does it have a "plug-and-play" kind of joining a match/server and then leaving anytime like CS1.6?

There used to be a game like this, a free to play FPS MOBA, Land of Chaos Online (LOCO). Had played the shit out of it. It was awesome fun. Just the number of people playing was very less. Watching videos of this game reminds me of it. Issue with FPS moba's is their novelty doesn't last long and the long time appeal is rarely there. There is not real strategies that needs to be evolved and adapted as the game changes, no in-depth strategy analysis ... nothing like that to keep the game going. Time spent on this might be better spent elsewhere. (just my opinion based on what gameplay videos i have seen).

Really enjoyed the beta. Got some 17hrs in. I found it insanely fun. The heroes have very different playstyles for different skill levels. Personally my favorite would be D.Va and maybe S:76. Ping is also surprisingly good. Was getting 100ms even on America servers compared to Diablo 3 where I get 300ms mostly. Game is pricey for Indian market ($40), but I think I'm gonna get this one.

BTW, I dont see any similarity in DOTA and Overwatch. Battleborn, on the other hand is a better comparison.

It's a emerging sub-genre, the hero shooter. Bethesda's Battlecry was another such game. They stopped development last year, probably due to a crowded space. It's Blizzard, the gameplay will be very polished. Maybe it will carve out a niche between all the recent MP only titles.

The game is deceiving. It's not as casual as it seems. The heroes are easy to pick up and play but to push them to the limits, you really need skills. I don't know much about TF2 as I never really got into it, but coming from hardcore Quake, Overwatch has enough depth to keep me entertained as well as motivate me to get better.

Here are some clips of mine from the open beta. The first one features Tracer, a squishy offensive hero with incredible mobility. I hear she's similar to the Scout from TF2. The second is Roadhog, basically the FPS version of Pudge from Dota.

[DOUBLEPOST=1463363238][/DOUBLEPOST]
how about the new UT?

Nope :p

Last edited:
Nice videos man. Especially the Tracer one. Agree with you regarding the depth of gameplay. Most characters have very low skill floor, but some characters have very high skill ceiling. In the right hands they can be amazing and just dominate the opposition.

Back