P2P or Torrent???

ic3man

Disciple
Hey just wanted to see which was more popular..p2p softwarez or torrent downloads??..personally i get better speeds on p2p and speed is quite inconsistent with torrents...
But more stuff available on torrents..i use utorrent and ares for p2p..

That would be illegal mate. Personally i use both, but my connection is not unlimited (applied for it) So time is a issue, torrents take a lot of time while communicating with the Tracker, while using LimeWire it's instant downloads. so nowadays, it's strictly LW:)

torrents are good for Huge files i.e 5GB+, But even a well seeded torrent can sometimes give bad speeds, so nowadays, i am back to using Gnuetella:)

Personally I wouldn't go with either. Except music downloads for which I prefer limewire( I basically listen to hindi music), I would prefer to download off the website directly, nowadays you get everything.

no, you are mistaken.

name one game which you don't find off the sites, and there may be many more which you don't find on torrents and even if you do it will easily take 10-20 times the time to download it!

i hv been extensively using torrents for last couple of months and boy I am a happy man :D... I even got the vista using torrents ... P2P i am a little afraid because of adwares, viruses and even the files are not sometimes what they are told to be...some of the rarest files I have been able to find on torrents viz a viz P2P...

i prefer torrent coz :
1. user review about the authenticity
2. large list of files, with variety in collection (anything to everything)
3. Less prone to malwares
4. cant trust p2p for application/exe downloads

i prefer p2p coz :
1. More speedier than torrent
2. good for less than 2 gb files

Cant believe some ppl r still stuck with P2P(kazaa/morpheus and stuff), Torrent files r safer and faster to download as it does not use peer cache, so less stress on Isps.

^^ Dude, you get rare stuff on emule like recently discovered.. and of course, if you want just one mp3, you can get it easliy off p2p (Soulseek being my No.1)

Back