Palit GTX460 1GB GDDR5 Sonic Platinum Edition - The Sonic Platinum Here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Palit GTX460 1GB GDDR5 Sonic Edition - The King is Here!!

Yes sure but you know how easy will it be to OC any of the GTX 460 cards to 800Mh w/o even 5 degrees increase in temp :p

Also prob is with Palit warranty of 2 years where Zotac is 5 years :)

Still Palit cards are usually good and this one is shorter than even the reference PCB :)

Galaxy GTX 460 768MB at just 11.5k

http://www.techtree.com/India/Reviews/Galaxy_GTX460_GC_Edition/551-112297-537-15.html

Techtree prices usually are higher. So I expect arnd 11k or so max in the market . Awesome price :D

Zotac does not have 5 Yrs Warranty its just an illusion that they are creating to lure customers.. they are not stating the whole fact upfront.

AFAIK It says 2 + 3 Yrs - Which actually means they will give you 2 Yrs Warranty in India and the Next 3 Yrs you will have to send the Card somewhere outside India to claim the Warranty and how it is to be done no one knows yet as Zotac is a fairly new Brand launched about say 1-2 Yrs Ago. Maybe sometime later you will see threads about how the warranty works n all.

If they give 5 yrs i don't have any personal problem with Zotac or any other brand.

I don't have any problem with Zotac i will also sell the same one its in stock if my customers asks me for that.

Right now Palit is there in Stock and the Clock Speeds are better than the Zotac one which is not there in Stock.

And abt the 768 MB wether it'l sell for 11.5k, 10k, 8k i don't care about the price if it will sell for that much i will sell it too... if my customers asks for it i will check with my suppliers and reply them.

And abt the 768 MB wether it'l sell for 11.5k, 10k, 8k i don't care about the price if it will sell for that much i will sell it too... if my customers asks for it i will check with my suppliers and reply them.

Ya you should just talk to TAG guys and get the TE members the best prices for it. And ya what stock and OC are you talking abt....25 Mhz in Core clocks :rofl:...even noobs can OC that much. Pre overclocked cards are just waste of money most of the times ! The Palit Sonic Platimun Edition of GTX 460 1GB which is really oced well to the max .

Also Zotac is a sister brand of Sapphire's parent company PC Partner and is at least better than the most dying card in India ie Palit. Also Palit is the cheapest brand always. And ya for claiming the rest 3 yrs u gotta register the card online. The card has to be sent to Zotac main office in Mumbai and not internationally AFAIK.

^^Don't tell me how many noobs can do what i have seen many more than you. TAG i am sure u donno how credible they are.

With regards to Zotac i don't have any problem with it. But none of you know where the hell to give the Card after 2 Yrs all that u people can say is Zotac India where is that Zotac India's office.

But i don't understand what problem you have with me asking questions about it i guess u just wanna crap my thread as always.

But anyways from a customer's POV i wanna know the facts crystal clear before hand don't u think tatz the least u should know before buying a High end Card.

And i donno y u people have a problem with that.

sorry for intruding the thread guys!!

but i feel you should see this before jumping the gun on palit gtx460 sonic:no:

it seems that the palit cards are not as advertised and might have some serious problems:(

follow the link below

Palit GeForce GTX 460 Sonic could have issues !

this should help making a more conscious decision

follow the link i've pasted

^^ They are talking about Sonic Platinum Version there and at the end it says Palit has come out with a newer Bios with Positive Response from a Buyer.

^^ They are talking about Sonic Platinum Version there and at the end it says Palit has come out with a newer Bios with Positive Response from a Buyer.

Yes they are talking abt the Sonic Platinum but from the looks of it both are exactly same PCB and built ...just that the Sonic have higher clocks. If the sonic with higher clocks is missing the VRM heatsink then I guess this vanilla version also wont have the VRM heatsink

You can confirm if the card you are selling have a VRM heatsink or not.

And about the bios what all it says they have just modified the fan profile which most of the users here in TE can do it themselves :) But overclockability of the cards will severely be effected in case there is no VRM heatsinks. I dont know why Palit wanted to save that $1 !

The reference cards like the Zotac comes with reference design and full blown cooler where air is thrown out of the case. Also guys check out the VRMs used in both the cards. The VRM area seems to be cheaply built on the Palit. May be Vandal can comment more on that.

Palit : (Black block Ordinary Ferrite/Iron Chokes)

Palit GeForce GTX 460 Sonic could have issues !

Zotac (Grey Block Solid State Chokes)

techPowerUp :: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 460 1 GB Review :: Page 3 / 35

Some Info abt chokes from this link:

http://www.thinkcomputers.org/old/index.php?x=reviews&id=905&page=2

The R4830 has a pretty serious looking power supply. You may have heard recently about people having problems with video cards making a "squealing" sound when stressed, I have seen this mentioned a lot lately on various forums. The reason is the ferrite chokes that most manufacturers use on vid cards and motherboards, along with most other electronics stuff. Any electronic component that involves coiled wire can make noise, the noise is created when high current passes through an electronic part that has components of different densities. Anyone into old tube-type amplification may have heard transformers hum or whine.

The problem is that the latest video cards use so much power and have such high currents that the chokes, which previously haven't seen such stress, begin vibrating creating the squealing sound.

To eliminate this, MSI has started using solid state chokes, which have the coil actually inside of the iron rather than wire wrapped around the outside. This process creates a choke with a single component rather than the multiple parts inside of a ferrite choke. Besides making the choke totally silent, a solid state choke can withstand higher current than a ferrite one, and also can handle sudden high currents, as when overclocking, much better than ferrite chokes. Also, something I find very interesting, the manufacturing process to build a solid state choke takes about 10% of the energy that is used in manufacturing a ferrite choke, making a solid state choke much greener than a ferrite choke.

The guy who tested the new BIOS did not have VRM heat sink on his Card and still he posted Positive about it. So i guess there is nothing wrong with the Cards with or without it.

As far as your Overclocking goes the Palit Card is already an Factory Overclocked version and should there be any problem overclocking it or not that we'l see once someone does the OC and posts back i think no one should assume the Capability without actually seeing how it does.

Supra: A lot of sites had complaints with the Zotac coolers not being effective etc.

Supra: A lot of sites had complaints with the Zotac coolers not being effective etc.

As per the TPU review I think it had to do with the fan profile which was revving too high :p

In the TPU review in crysis 1920x1200 4xaa the zotac 460 was slower than the 4890?

1 x Palit GTX460 1GB GDDR5 Sonic Edition - Gone to Wasif Kazi a Website Customer - Payment Received

^Whats the point of mentioning your website sales in TE? Did we ask you how much you are selling em? LOL.

^^ I believe this things is done to tell people that stuff is selling fast & less stock has left, so that order can be placed.

when is asus/xfx gonna release gtx 460 768MB/1GB in India?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back