Graphic Cards Palit HD 4870 1GB or Palit GTX 260 Core 216

Hi tech lovers pls help me choosing b/n

PALIT HD 4870 1GB DDR5 SONIC DUAL EDITION
AND
PALIT GTX 260 SP 216 896MB DDR3......
I m SOOOOOOOOO confused guys just dont know wat to do...

I m planning to buy samsung 2233 sw 22" lcd and dont know which graphic card wud b the best on 1920x1080 resolution. I just want best FPS on high games man... N i have read so many reviews but still dont get my satisfaction.... Cant understand y dont they try high end games like FAR CRY 2 N CRYSIS WARHEAD N TOM CLANCY HAWX ON HD 4870 1GB.....

PLS help me out brothers....
oh n by the way i m getting gtx260 for 11k n hd4870 for 13.5 k.....just in case if u wanna know...

go for the gtx 260 ...simply bcoz its cheaper nothin else both r VFM n u cant go wrong ith either of them .... plus if u r into 24x7 DL it will consume less power ....:D

shashankthegame said:
I m SOOOOOOOOO confused guys just dont know wat to do...
You use google or atleast use the search function to check if such a question has been answered previously.
shashankthegame said:
oh n by the way i m getting gtx260 for 11k n hd4870 for 13.5 k.....just in case if u wanna know...
Both the cards of nearly the same performance, nvidia has the lead in a few titles and ATI gives consistent frame rates even with Anti Aliasing in a few titles. Get the GTX 260. Although unnecessary at your resolution, you could get the HD4890 for >14,000 from Tech Enclave dealers.

Yah... even i was leaning to gtx 260.. but at the same time the directx 10.1 n shader model 4.1 support in hd 4870 gave me another headache... Does it really matters??( God help me with my confusion) Cos i have to order my g card tomorrow at any cost. I m sick of my 9600gt 512mb ddr3. Also i dont know whose drivers are best on high resolutions. nvidia or ati??

shashankthegame said:
Thanks kira.... I will definately go for gtx 260 now.. But hey dinesh gtx275 at 13.5 k is not a bad deal either man...where can i get it in jaipur..???

Get it from one of the TE dealers.

Coming back on topic, the GTX 260 is the better choice of as compared to the 4870 1GB.

Thanks devin i m pretty much aware of that price listing. but if i have to go for 4870 then its got to have palit 1gb sonic dual edition... anyways i m planning to buy a cabinet from lynx india...have u ever tested its service?authentic or not?

Sapphire 4870 1GB is being sold by a TE dealer for Rs 11.2K, approx same as Palit GTX260. GTX275 being sold for 13.5 by a TE dealer

Back