Palm Pixi Plus Smartphone (8GB, Wifi) @ Rs 2294

Soyab0007

Gamer
Adept
  1. http://www.tradus.com/brand-new-3g-palm-pixi/p/MOBMGT5SAFOYS5CV]
  2. Click on the above link to go to Tradus.
  3. Coupon Code : MONSOON20
  4. Total : Rs. 2294
From a Person who has used this for over a year (AT&T version non 3g)-
First of all, this is the baap of all niche phones,great for bragging rights
Build quality - top notch,super sleek
Keyboard - Better than e6.Texting in pixi is orgasmic
WebOS - The Best OS EVER.User friendliness is awesome.Even Windows Mobile 8 and android has ripped off some features from it.
Camera Quality - average in general,Superb at this price point
Speaker Soundq - A Little low,Keep Vibration on always
Headphone SQ - Good with a faint hiss
Install WebOS Doctor and Update the OS as soon as you get it,there are also a load of homebrew apps and patches.
Please Teians,Get a Pixi+ and you will see how one can fall in love with a phone

http://mobiles.sulekhalive.com/palm/pixi-plus/full/pixi-plus.jpg
http://images.electricpig.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/palm-pixi-plus-unboxed-photos-3.jpg

can anyone confirm the 3g will work on indian frequencies?

I am sure there were few people who used this phone to try out webOS and they used 3G here in India.
But don't quote me on that. Search for a thread on someone selling this phone used on TE. That person might be able to answer.

can anyone confirm the 3g will work on indian frequencies?

No idea about that, also seller has mentioned that Pixi Plus is a GSM smartphone operating on Palm's WebOS platform

This device has been extensively tested, is fully functional, and ready for activation on the Verizon Wireless network - ESN has been cleared for use. This device is ready for use with your existing contract - no new contract required.

Now what does it mean, GSM or CDMA phone?

The listing seems full of errors. Not sure i would put my money. Specifically i don't trust tradus and its marketplace sellers.

Can anyone tell me how reliable tradus is.
Never purchased from them. Want to try this deal.

@Soyab0007 --> What exactly do you mean by your second post. All gsm cards will work on this phone?

Thanks in advance
Mojo

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone tell me how reliable tradus is.
Never purchased from them. Want to try this deal.

@Soyab0007 --> What exactly do you mean by your second post. All gsm cards will work on this phone?

Thanks in advance
Mojo
never had problems with them used it several times to purchase mobile etc...

Verizon is a CDMA operator. I don't know what else to believe there now. According to GSM Arena it is a GSM Phone. I think it would be better to ask the seller.

No idea about that, also seller has mentioned that Pixi Plus is a GSM smartphone operating on Palm's WebOS platform

This device has been extensively tested, is fully functional, and ready for activation on the Verizon Wireless network - ESN has been cleared for use. This device is ready for use with your existing contract - no new contract required.

Now what does it mean, GSM or CDMA phone?

palm pixi plus comes in three varients. For AT&T GSM (3G will not work in India), European Version GSM (3G works perfect in india) & For Verizon CDMA - USA (3G is referred as EVDO, which works in India after registration & EVDO activation with Reliance CDMA).

not a bad deal for an EDGE based smartphone. its US AT&T version, GSM unlocked.. sadly, 3G will not work in India because of difference in 3G frequency, eventhough the handset is 3G.

@kartikoli --> Thanks for the info dude.[DOUBLEPOST=1373613765][/DOUBLEPOST]Willing to buy this one. Any suggestions?[DOUBLEPOST=1373627204][/DOUBLEPOST]Coupon code not working

It was mentioned as below in the specifications. But gsmarena says no microsd slot. Not able to decide whether to buy this as a backup phone. Please help.
Memory Card
microSD

Back