Camera Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 - Superzoom Digicam

superbhikari said:
It's quite sometime playing with the meaty FZ35 and must say damn good for amateurs and pro too. The PQ is amazing. Flash range is amazing. Awesome zoom. HD video rec is good too.

Morover, the auto mde is amazing, just point & shoot, click.click.click and u always get the best shot. Clos-ups are too perfect.

oh superbhikari bhai post some pic :)

superbhikari said:
It's quite sometime playing with the meaty FZ35 and must say damn good for amateurs and pro too. The PQ is amazing. Flash range is amazing. Awesome zoom. HD video rec is good too.
Morover, the auto mde is amazing, just point & shoot, click.click.click and u always get the best shot. Clos-ups are too perfect.

Can you put a much more detailed review of the camera along with pics of both cam as well as some sample pics. I'm waiting for a detailed review from someone in TE to make my final plunge for this one. :eek:hyeah:

Just got my panny fz 35 from bangalore for 18k (grey)\
Its avail at smartshoppers.in (chennai) for 18.5, free shipping

Great camera for experimenting and learning to shoot in manual + equally good for auto point and shoot operation. Excellent zoom and and even more effective IS and venus engine for fast response, low shutter lag and quick auto-focus in most conditions. The Ai mode is one of the best I've seen in ultra-zoom cams, you end up with very good results without having to dabble with the manual modes.

HD movies are good and I specifically like the gradual zooming in movie mode instead of the rapid pan-in and pan-out by other ultra-zoom cams.

The wide angle Leica lens produces surprisingly good results in low-light. Images are virtually noise free till ISO400 and i was surprised to see that even ISO1600 results are far better than SX20 IS.

Has HDMI port but does not bundle Mini HDMI cable. Build quality is good and the LCD, though smaller is a super-sharp high res LCD.

IMHO, for 18K, it is a sweet deal.

Bottom line- The best bridge camera available today in India under 20K

:hap2:

indeed good buy..... use right settings and you're set for awesome results

read some tutorials, don't use iA [intelligent auto], switch to manual mode, experiment a bit and off you go

Wasp said:
Just got my panny fz 35 from bangalore for 18k (grey)\
Its avail at smartshoppers.in (chennai) for 18.5, free shipping

Great camera for experimenting and learning to shoot in manual + equally good for auto point and shoot operation. Excellent zoom and and even more effective IS and venus engine for fast response, low shutter lag and quick auto-focus in most conditions. The Ai mode is one of the best I've seen in ultra-zoom cams, you end up with very good results without having to dabble with the manual modes.

HD movies are good and I specifically like the gradual zooming in movie mode instead of the rapid pan-in and pan-out by other ultra-zoom cams.

The wide angle Leica lens produces surprisingly good results in low-light. Images are virtually noise free till ISO400 and i was surprised to see that even ISO1600 results are far better than SX20 IS.

Has HDMI port but does not bundle Mini HDMI cable. Build quality is good and the LCD, though smaller is a super-sharp high res LCD.

IMHO, for 18K, it is a sweet deal.

Bottom line- The best bridge camera available today in India under 20K

:hap2:

Hi Wasp,

Could you direct as to where in bangalore did you purchase your fz35 from.. Im interested in buying the same camera. Also did you get all the accessories that are available in the box?

Thanks
Amith

The camera came with full retail package. All default accessories and no freebies (no bag, no memcard). Check the retail package contents to know what all is included.

I bought it from the grey market area opposite national market. Right opposite national market there are two markets. Go to the one on left with a slight elevation (5-6 steps). Then walk in and approx 10th shop to your right, the guy sells slrs, pro camcorders and some Panny and Olympus ultra zoom cameras. His name is Vinod (elderly marwari guy). You should get the cam in between 18-18.5K.

Note: The default manual (printed) i got was in Spanish and also the default camera language was set to Spanish.

Update: Yesterday i played the HD video recorded by the cam on my Panny 32-inch LCD TV. I attached the camera via the A/V cable, the video playback on TV is nice. The HD quality really shows, much better than the digital tv and high quality DVD-rips.

Back