Pantech Burst P9070 4G @ 8235/-

Few queries to people using Pantec Burst

5. Also what about the warranty for the device .. can it be repaired in india ???

Warranty provided of 3 months is very tricky.....Recently due to some issue we checked out their RMA form and it says that it can be replaced only if the product is not used and is received with some issues or DOA.

You can check my thread in Mobile sections for further clarifications

I was supposed to get a Burst from i2c. The seller sent a heavily scratched and dented piece. It was supposed to be NEW. But they I got a used piece i think. Phone was sent back. Raised a complaint with ebay. I asked for a replacement. Not sure how it will turn out.

@iPwnz @prateekS LG Nitro HD could be considered,
similar hardware, 60% pricier, better build and res
but infinitely more dev/modder support (XDA) and you could get it repaired in India in LG repair shops albeit for a payment

Last edited by a moderator:
60%? Thats too much. In that range there might be many other models. Comparing a phone which costs x price and another one which costs x+60% doesn't seem fair.

60%? Thats too much. In that range there might be many other models. Comparing a phone which costs x price and another one which costs x+60% doesn't seem fair.
I know it doesn't seem fair, but just look at the plethora of roms available for LG Nitro HD
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1448
I don't think Pantech Burst will ever be able to compete with that. Dev support for Burst is Minimal to moderate with no more than 4 ROMs(Gizmo, AOKP,Unofficial CM,Unofficial PA), all not quite stable.
Nitro Hd has plethora of ROMs and even a custom kernel that allows undervolting.
I think in the long run Nitro HD is more like what ZTE Blade was, a little overpriced yes, but you could still update and work on the phone 3 years down.
And Nitro HD is repairable from local LG Service

But yes, stock phone value for money win goes to Pantech Burst every single time.

Back