CPU/Mobo Parts missing in H81M-S1 and B85M-DS3H motherboard

@Rajesh Dsouza @Crazy_Eddy -- Dear friends this all are old practice of Gigabyte last year i had bought GA-B85M D2V -- Same thing happen in that board they reduce one BIOS chip on board, also reduce power component on revesion 2.0 - its clear clear Cheating by company with end customers. they just reliase ver1 board with all function when we going to buy they provide us rev2.0 board.. this is clear clear cheating case.

Friends I also feel that Gigabyte is cheating customer like us...i had a board GA-B85-HD3....Due to some issue i had submitted it in service center..they had gave me replacement...my new board has smaller heat-sink than original one..i asked about it to service center..but they don't have answer for that...and due to that i am facing machine heating problem...from that day i have decided that i will not go for Gigabyte again.

The article cyberwarfare has posted is pretty self explanatory i feel .
This is a clear case of cost cutting... So many changes should actually be a different SKU... Its like getting 2 honda accord cars at the same time.. one has the proper 3.0 v6 and the other has a honda city engine.. both work.. but its not the same :)
I think the article says it best... and i quote :-

First things first: at Hardware.Info we are no fans at all of significant product changes that are not reflected in a change in product codes and preferably product names. Even when products improve, as happens frequently with PSU manufacturers, this simply should not happen.

If Gigabyte had provided a different product and EAN code for the Rev 2.0 and Rev 3.0 boards, as well as updated product photos to the shops, there would not be much of a problem as far as we're concerned. In that case it would be clear to everyone that these are new, different products where the specifications and test results of earlier revisions do not necessarily apply to the newer revisions.

Now however a shop or end user can order a board based on reviews of the original and receive a product that is clearly different and, as we illustrated in this test, potentially inferior. And that is very questionable indeed.

The analysis of the B85M-D2V is shocking as Gigabyte has removed a feature from the original list of specifications, i.e. Dual BIOS. It's like ordering a car from a catalogue and discovering a missing right hand side mirror on delivery: not acceptable.

With the B85M-HD3 at least on paper there seems to be less of an issue: all the original Rev 1.0 specs are present in Rev 2.0. To play devil's advocate: Gigabyte doesn't promise anywhere that the board comes with a 4-phase power supply. Still, even if it passes muster legally, this is hardly the way to do business. Our test results moreover show that the Rev 2.0 has a potentially lower lifespan thanks to its lower number of mosfets and without any doubt will deliver lower performance than the first version in normal consumer applications (such as video encoding).

Taken from http://uk.hardware.info/reviews/583...different-test-results-preliminary-conclusion

That pretty much sums it up... be careful people :) Don't go about putting anything more than the pentium anniversary edition i would say , and even then don't overclock that cpu. Those VRM temps are scary !

Well, mine takes the cake - I bought a C1037UN from Lamington in May 2014. This board has dual GbE LAN ports plus one PCI slot - I usually use this to run a on-site testing firewall.

In June - after one month, the PCI-e to PCI bridge chip burnt and emitted smoke. The board was not functional. Gave the board for RMA - initially they said they would not RMA it, but took it.

In August, they called and said the board was replaced, but I completely forgot about it - got 2 boards purchased for more testing. These 2 boards also had issues and have been RMA'ed. Still not recieved them as of yet.

For testing, bought 2x J1900 boards (Gigabyte again) in October. Working fine.

In October/Novmber, I goto pickup the original RMA'ed board - they give me a C1037UN-L with one LAN port only. Resubmit the board with no ETA.

Bought another J1900 for more R&D. However, for my software firewalls, I would prefer to buy some other brand henceforth.

I am really surprised to see company like Gigabyte doing such cheap Tactics of removing so many features from their Motherboard and hiding it from us-to cut down their cost - in Future i will never think of upgrading my system with Gigabyte Motherboards -and Gigabyte please remember 1 thing...You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time..

I have gone through the similar experience as couple of days back I ordered GA-B85M-D2V online. When I received the board I found that it has single bios and also this thing is no where mentioned in the portal. I think this is clear misguidance from gigabyte.

I think Gigabyte earns in these cheap small cheating and feel safe to do so as many people like us may not observe it always.

This is surprising; I had good luck with their motherboard last time so I bought another one from them.

I do not feel comfortable recommending them though; is there an official person from gigabyte on the forum who can comment?

Read in various websites that motherboards models H81M-S1 , H81M-S2PV , H81M-DS2 have no. of capacitors around CPU area reduced from 3 to 2 . As a Layman I can say it ll increase the load on CPU and worse the motherboard performance. Is that true ????

Thank you guys.
I also wanted to purchase B85M-DS3H motherboard.
before that i just want to read review of above MB and i got dispointed by reading reviews from flipcart, snapdeal, amazon.
so i decided not to buy this product of Gigabyte.

Also want to advise people that please go through these reviews and avoid to buy gigabyte products.

What i feel is - by looking at the product u wont b able to see any difference with the revision model of GB motherboard.
They dnt mention revision model on the front box and not even on their website.
They made the changes where buyers can not identify the changes easily.

so friends b aware & keep your eyes open before buying these motherboard of Gigabyte. :)

Thank you guys.
I also wanted to purchase B85M-DS3H motherboard.
before that i just want to read review of above MB and i got dispointed by reading reviews from flipcart, snapdeal, amazon.
so i decided not to buy this product of Gigabyte.

Also want to advise people that please go through these reviews and avoid to buy gigabyte products.
What i feel is - by looking at the product u wont b able to see any difference with the revision model of GB motherboard.
They dnt mention revision model on the front box and not even on their website.
They made the changes where buyers can not identify the changes easily.

so friends b aware & keep your eyes open before buying these motherboard of Gigabyte. :)
Thank you for your insightful opinions. BUT we do not allow competing brands to pose as consumers and post fake reviews.

Those using H81, B85 mobos, please share pics of your or your friend's mobo box sticker that bears the model, serial and EAN number. Mask out the serial numbers obviously.

If different people have different revisions of the same model but the same EAN number, it will be clear evidence that it is outright misleading/duping everyone- be it the distributor, dealer or the user.

Newer revisions are supposed to improve products, not make them inferior. Who in their right mind will accept a Swift LXi in exchange for the Swixt VXi they paid for?
Even those who RMA such mobos will in all likelihood get the visibly inferior and seemingly cheaper product in replacement.
Manufacturers who don't clearly highlight and differentiate various revisions are the bane of the industry and should be boycotted IMHO.

The reviewers are also not going to ignore this hopefully as it's their reputation at stake too if they review and/or suggest any such products and eventually inferior revisions take their place.
http://tech.firstpost.com/news-anal...s-not-reflecting-online-e-tailers-247886.html
"... We asked Colin Brix, Gigabyte’s technical marketing director of the Motherboard business unit about the issue. When asked if it was the etailer’s responsibility to mention the revision number on their sites regarding the B85M-D3H board, he said that Gigabyte does not officially sell that board in India.
... We asked Brix about why Gigabyte didn’t use different model names if revisions which make drastic changes to the boards, instead of using the same model name, but we didn’t get any response."

Many products are seeing such revisions and manufacturers will not try to pull a fast one on consumers if more consumers are made aware and stand up against such BS.

Forum members are not average consumers IMO and the onus lies on us to highlight and alert other members/readers of any and every such shit.
For some suggesting PC configurations, it might be a pastime for a short period but please know that one has to feel responsible for what one recommends even if no one is going to come knocking at our door for a bad suggestion/recommendation. Please never forget- what goes around, comes around!!

P.S.
I have to email a manufacturer on these lines and depending on how they respond, I will decide if I use their product ever again.
I had a sealed ADSL2 modem router lying around in backup that is now out of warranty just lying around in storage.
I removed it for testing my recently problematic internet connection and it also disconnected as frequently as my ancient 502T or the ADSL wifi routers I have. Also it is missing some basic settings/options that is usually there on any such product and the newer revision has them.
Seeing the older firmware, I hoped to find a new firmware on the website but I couldn't find the model itself, forget highlighting different revisions. Luckily the newer model is visibly different looking else even I could have flashed the wrong firmware, on a new but out-of-warranty device that otherwise might work fine for someone. I couldn't locate the revision number of the newer model on the overview, features or specs pages. :|

Last edited:
Dual BIOS is default in all Gigabyte Mobos. This feature cannot be removed because the PCB's they get from 3rd party manufacturers provide support to this feature set.
Revision numbers in any mobos are actually updated BIOS's as nothing to be afraid of rather number of SATA ports in these low end Mobos have less features than others.So its better to go with ZZ97 or H97 mobos which are updated to latest technologies and more number of SATA ports and M2 ports.OK.
I hope you can understand my concern here as dont merely blame the manufacturers. Just compare the mobos visually and come to a conclusion.

Dual BIOS is default in all Gigabyte Mobos. This feature cannot be removed because the PCB's they get from 3rd party manufacturers provide support to this feature set.
Revision numbers in any mobos are actually updated BIOS's as nothing to be afraid of rather number of SATA ports in these low end Mobos have less features than others.So its better to go with ZZ97 or H97 mobos which are updated to latest technologies and more number of SATA ports and M2 ports.OK.
I hope you can understand my concern here as dont merely blame the manufacturers. Just compare the mobos visually and come to a conclusion.
What are you gabbing about? The revision issue has nothing to do with BIOS', or SATA ports.

Back