Pathetic exp. with SBI customer care. Never ever own their credit cards.

SBI CARDS are good but the customer support is garbage. I can understand then giving hard time to the customers who want to cancel their cards. We wanted to update them address in the credit card. We could not get it done. Now the card is going to be deactivated tomorrow automatically since the card is now KYC non compliant.
In India its a general thing for CC to be garbage. Till now only had good exp. with Axis cc for banking rest all trash. But even for Axis or any bank, its a sheer pain to go through their ever confusing IVR shit system to actually keep redialing to understanding via which no. out of those 1-9 makes us speak directly with the cc person. The time lost in this crap is so much that by the time you might connect you are already bankrupt!

Same goes for CC in other services as well hence no doubt even the renowned brands corsair asus etc. also has facepalm services here while globally they are known for timely resolutions.
Blame the Indian way of handling or doing things...sarkaari kamkaaz in everything..

I took an SBI FBB card, now that FBB is closed my welcome gift is hanging in the air lol
Their reward catalogue is crap to be honest
The best catalogue is with Amex

Here's one situation.
SBI has a mandate to main minimum balance in metro City 5k or so.

If someone's emi is getting deducted from sbi only say 20k.
What if that person only has 20k in his sbi savings a/c, then will it deduct the entire 20k or only 15k while keeping the 5k as mab reserve?

Here's one situation.

What if that person only has 20k in his sbi savings a/c, then will it deduct the entire 20k or only 15k while keeping the 5k as mab reserve?
The mandate applies to you as the user to maintain a minimum balance. Why would SBI be concerned about 0 balance after EMI deduction? In fact, they will get to apply the penalty, so more income for them.

The mandate applies to you as the user to maintain a minimum balance. Why would SBI be concerned about 0 balance after EMI deduction? In fact, they will get to apply the penalty, so more income for them.
Are you sure in this regards the entire emi of 20k will get deducted making the a/c bal. to zero?

Are you sure in this regards the entire emi of 20k will get deducted making the a/c bal. to zero?
The bank can impose a fine and reject the mandate and the receiver can also impose a penalty. Recommendation would be to not cut it so close as it seems the bank will either deduct full or nothing.

The bank can impose a fine and reject the mandate and the receiver can also impose a penalty. Recommendation would be to not cut it so close as it seems the bank will either deduct full or nothing.

No more mab issues no need to maintain any as per latest announcements.

Last edited:
Here's one situation.

I have a loan account with SBI and I maintain around 1K balance for a 22K loan every month. As long as you have the ECS mandated amount in the account it will automatically get debited but if you even have one rupee less than the mandated amount it will get rejected.

I too got call from cc sbi recently. I straightaway said I’m not foolish to take sbi credit card (due to poor cust care). The guy took it for pride and lectured me politely for 10 mins about how sbi is best bank in India. I still rejected the offer but appreciated him for his loyalty towards his employer.

IMO Barring AMEX, all other CV Customer care is garbage.Poor SBI gets the most flak for no reason, all my disputes ( not many in the last five years, simplyclick card is a great card) got settled right after I sent a mail through the SBI card app, which I highly recommend using.

Wheres the option exactly in netbanking ?
Can you walk me through?

I know this option but want something like via savings bank netbanking.
Well i cant be sure of procedure , When i had filled form , that time had filled auto debit .
It auto debits on due date . But a option should be there to start auto debit
I suppose CC can help abou procedure?

IMO Barring AMEX, all other CV Customer care is garbage.Poor SBI gets the most flak for no reason, all my disputes ( not many in the last five years, simplyclick card is a great card) got settled right after I sent a mail through the SBI card app, which I highly recommend using.
AmEx is not that prompt though when closing their cards as they try to stretch it out as much as possible, though after a few times, they do so promptly.

As for SBI, every issue has been resolved through the mailbox in the app, with escalation if required, till date. It is when people get stuck with first level support over phone that they get frustrated.

AmEx is not that prompt though when closing their cards as they try to stretch it out as much as possible, though after a few times, they do so promptly.

As for SBI, every issue has been resolved through the mailbox in the app, with escalation if required, till date. It is when people get stuck with first level support over phone that they get frustrated.
Yes, one should always use the SBI card app for grievances instead of their customer care

Back