Patience 360: Ten Reasons to Wait for PS3

Its just a possibility , Its not confirmed ! Plus 360 wont come with an internal blu ray , u have to buy an additional one whereas PS3 will !

But as of now, Sony is betting big on Blu-Ray and fact of the matter is, it is ahead of HD-DVD as of now. It has more studios supporting it. Almost all majot hollywood stuios have pledged support to Blu-Ray.

And sony is also hoping that the high sales of PS3 will boost popularity of Blu-Ray even more.

Nikhil said:
But as of now, Sony is betting big on Blu-Ray and fact of the matter is, it is ahead of HD-DVD as of now. It has more studios supporting it. Almost all majot hollywood stuios have pledged support to Blu-Ray.

And sony is also hoping that the high sales of PS3 will boost popularity of Blu-Ray even more.
MS could release their Vista OS and other softwares on HD-DVD only and screw up the entire Blu-Ray bastion. ;) Only time will tell............ But the inclusion of not having a hd-dvd drive shipped with the x360 was a big mistake imo.

Just for the sake of xbox360 and beating sony's b-ray , MS ain't going to do that.That would mean suicide for them as blu-ray is really the future.

Xbox 360 suks anyways , now thats the area where sony could captalize. Shipping 360 without hd dvd is a big big mistake, but ps3 is going to be shipped with the blu-ray, so yes i agree with the thread topic , blu-ray is the no. 1 reason to wait for ps3.

Blade_Runner said:
MS could release their Vista OS and other softwares on HD-DVD only and screw up the entire Blu-Ray bastion. Only time will tell............
^Okay you're making sense(and thats probably gonna happen,if you ask me)....

deadman said:
Just for the sake of xbox360 and beating sony's b-ray , MS ain't going to do that.That would mean suicide for them as blu-ray is really the future.
^ But you....are not.MS haven't released HD-DVD "just for the sake of xbox360 and beating Sony's b-ray".MS is supporting HD-DVD because they believe physical data storage is gonna be so yesterday soon .And HD-DVD costs less for production too. ;)
deadman said:
Xbox 360 suks anyways
Care to elaborate on that? Or are you just a fanboy?

deadman said:
Shipping 360 without hd dvd is a big big mistake, but ps3 is going to be shipped with the blu-ray
:huh:
So you're implying that both formats should co-exist with each other..?
Do you have any idea how much loss we,the consumers would face? I doubt many people would buy HD-DVD and Blu-Ray players,much less afford them.And I'm just talkin about video,here.Imagine the fate of those who buy a PS3 after HD-DVD becomes the standard format? They would have to buy Blu-Ray games and HD-DVD movies! And a player to play those HD movies! Meh...like the upgrade to a HDTV isn't enough...:mad: So unless some sort of hybrid player comes out which plays both Blu-Ray and HD (which I think would be extremely difficult,because the technology used for both these formats is very different)that idea of yours is B.S.

I stand by my previous opinion.I think Sony should rethink their strategy,like wait for the format wars to come to a conclusion,before they finalise on the main format on the PS3,or they could do something useful and develop an external HD drive! That way that crapload of USB ports on the PS3 will have something plugged in at least,and they checkmate MS.:clap:

i don't know where this is going. Demon's right in a way. They both can't co-exist. There is always one champion.VHS-VCD-DVD-Blu-Ray or HD-DVD?

But i will still go with the sony blu-ray ! I think the blu-ray is gonna win the war eventually , thats the fact and i think MS have realised that and thats the reason they r saying that blu-ray is also an option for the xbox 360 !

Bluffmaster said:
I think the blu-ray is gonna win the war eventually , thats the fact and i think MS have realised that and thats the reason they r saying that blu-ray is also an option for the xbox 360 !

They're saying that Blu-Ray is an option.not that it will be implemented no matter what.They're staying safe,and gamers can rest assured of the fact that they can enjoy the best of both worlds,since the 360 will have external Blu-Ray and HDDVD drives.Quite unlike Sony who haven't so much as whispered about......well,ANYTHING regarding the PS3,lately..

params7 said:
Wait a sec here - The 360 will have both Blu-Ray and Hd-dvd support..but will the ps3 have Hd-dvd support too?
Nah nope ps3 won't support hd-dvd unless Sony change the specs finally or have external drive support. What i am guessing is that Sony will publish games on dvd-5/dvd-9 and have the bd-rom for playing movies/hd-content etc.........

oh c'mon don't underestiamte HD-DVD! Its a relative of DVD and its what the general consumer would prefer over blu-ray, a complete stranger.

Well the blu-ray vs HD-DVD debate is something that'll never end. Initial BD discs will be only 25GB with 50GB arriving afterwards. Infrastructure to make 50GB discs is nowhere on the horizon. Initial HD-DVD discs are going to be 30GB. However thats the highest it can hold and to make hd-dvd discs, existing dvd-9 plants can be used with minor change in machinery. That is one thing thats gonna be a key factor - cost. HD-DVD would cost around one fifth of what bluray is gonna cost initially to manufacture. Put that into the equation and hd-dvd doesnt look that bad. However the grand daddy of all these techs - holographic discs are also gonna make a splash soon - 300GB on a disc. Drool!!!

7dc9b40b.jpg

Back