Payments possible using PayPal (verified) and a HDFC Bank NetSafe Card ?

PoBoy

Skilled
I used to make payments ( to DX, FP etc. ) using my verified PayPal account and a HDFC Bank NetSafe card, ie create the NetSafe card, add it to PayPal and then tell PayPal to use that NS card.

More than a year back, I remember PayPal did 'something' and I could not use NS cards to make payments. I wrote to HDFC Bank and they promised to look into the matter.

So, has anyone used NS + PP to make a payment recently ?

You can link your HDFC Bank account to PP. NetSafe cards can be used just once, so as soon as PP deducts $1.95 to verify the CC details, the Card is no longer usable.

I have linked my A/c and verified my PP account. I want to make payments via PP using a NS card. Possible now ?

^ are you saying you create a K netc@rd, add it to your PP account, and then make payments via PP using that netc@rd ? Recently ?

If Netsafe cards work with Paypal then why don't you use Paypal's Credit Card payment option & use the Netsafe there ?

PoBoy said:
I have linked my A/c and verified my PP account. I want to make payments via PP using a NS card. Possible now ?
since the netsafe card u created has a validity of only 24 hrs , u cannot make payments from that particular card now , because that card doesn't exist at all now , u have to make a new netsafe card and possibly a new paypal account as well , coz i dont think u can change ur credit card o later from ur paypal account ,

if its possible to change ur credit card no linked to ur paypal account , then create a new NS card , and link that new NS card to ur paypal account and make the payment

but if u cant edit ur CC no from that particular paypal account , then u have to make aa new paypal account every time with a new NS card whenver u want to make any payments through paypal , or u can lin ur actual credit/debit card to ur paypal , then u dont have to change anything at all as long as the expiry of those cards

You can have multiple credit cards on the same account. Just dont initiate the card verification process where they charge $1.95. Just add it to the account and make the payment immediately.

Or you can directly pay from the netsafe card without logging in to your account.

What I'm saying is : NS payments thru PP worked long ago. Then for some reason, PP did not allow payments using a NS card. HDFC Bank promised to look into the matter then.

SO : has anyone made a PP payment recently using a NS card.

I know the other ways of making payments using PP ( like using PP balance, or a C card ).

btw : I tried PP support but, as usual, the responses appear to be sent by a robot.

i had made a payment recently through my net safe card on paypal only a month back but i dont know if u can add multiple cards or not

^ if one can add multiple card on one paypal account as varkey said , then there is no problem i guess , make a new NS card , link it to paypal and do the payment

Get an international Debit card from HDFC, Mine works pretty well with paypal. only a small amount of fee/charges are deducted per year. around Rs.300/-

^ I already asked PP if they allow a "Verified By Visa" debit card (from India) to be added to a PP account - still waiting for a proper answer.
I'm told things like "You may try adding your debit card and use it on your transactions... "
All they had to do is give a definate yes/no answer.

PoBoy said:
^ are you saying you create a K netc@rd, add it to your PP account, and then make payments via PP using that netc@rd ? Recently ?
ya thats true... while making the payment i add the netc@rd ....after the payment is made..i remove that card from my account... every time i made payment i do the same..

If ur facing problem then it might be true coz i heard a lot of HDFC costumer facing the same problem like urs with netsafe cards with pp

PoBoy said:
^ I already asked PP if they allow a "Verified By Visa" debit card (from India) to be added to a PP account - still waiting for a proper answer.

I'm told things like "You may try adding your debit card and use it on your transactions... "

All they had to do is give a definate yes/no answer.
The issue is Paypal do not support Verified by Visa, and Indian Debit cards according to RBI should be only processed through VBV for online transactions.

An international creit card from any bank will work with Paypal. Nowadays most credit cards are international but I have seen few which can be used only for transactions in INR.

varkey said:
An international creit card from any bank will work with Paypal. Nowadays most credit cards are international but I have seen few which can be used only for transactions in INR.
What are charges for using paypal facility? is it based on per transaction?

^ For making a payment there are no charges, only for receiving money. Although your bank would markup the exchange rate by 3.5% for international transactions.

there is no charges for receiving money either, whatever you withdraw from paypal is converted to INR with a small deduction in the amount and that same amount is deposited into your account down to every single paise.

I have been receiving money in paypal for over 3months now & whatever the conversion rate is that the only deduction(By Paypal) HDFC doesn't charge anything because paypal already converts that for you.

@POboy I am not sure about VISA Debit Cards Mine is a MasterCard.

PP did not accept the International Visa Debit Card issued by HDFC Bank.
This credit card has been refused by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was refused, please contact your credit card issuer's Customer Service department ...
Will try paying using a NS card when I next buy something online.

Back