Paypal Issue : Banks With Working Debit Cards

Hey guys.. well PaypalGate has struck all of us :p Anyways.. i have an ICICI account and my debit card doesn't work with Paypal.. so what options do i have ?

I am willing to open a new bank account but i need assurance that the particular banks debit card will work with Paypal. Basically need to withdraw all my cash from it.

Can someone guide me with this please :) The thread should be useful for others as well.

Its not hard to withdraw funds from paypal, just add the bank account in paypal and yo can withdraw funds in your bank acc. But can you add funds to paypal using citibank suvidha acc debit card.

dhruvrock2000 said:
Hey guys.. well PaypalGate has struck all of us :p Anyways.. i have an ICICI account and my debit card doesn't work with Paypal.. so what options do i have ?

I am willing to open a new bank account but i need assurance that the particular banks debit card will work with Paypal. Basically need to withdraw all my cash from it.

Can someone guide me with this please :) The thread should be useful for others as well.
Why do you need a debit card to withdraw cash. Cant you link your bank account directly to withdraw money?

dhiraj12 said:
Its not hard withdraw funds from paypal, just add the bank account in paypal and yo can withdraw funds in your acc. But can you add funds to paypal using citibank suvidha acc debit card.
You cannot add funds to Paypal account from any Indian Bank account

to withdraw funds to bank acc you need to verify account, and yes, need to link the bank acc, that way its easy you need , hardly takes 2-3 business days, you need the below info to add a bank acc

Ya just follow what being suggested above, link your bank a/c and no need to open another bank a/c for adding funds, their is no surety, just get a CC if you need Paypal badly.

I am a bit confused... :S

I have a unverified Paypal Account that I have used for making some purchases.

Now, if I get say 50$ in my Paypal Account and want to withdraw it to my Bank Account, do I have to first get my Paypal Account verified?? :S

I don't have a CC... So, how am I supposed to get my Paypal Account verified...??? :(

nehaladsul said:

Now, if I get say 50$ in my Paypal Account and want to withdraw it to my Bank Account, do I have to first get my Paypal Account verified?? :S

I don't have a CC... So, how am I supposed to get my Paypal Account verified...??? :(
Maybe with a VCC, i verified my pp acc a day before i closed my CC, and still verified till date

@nehaladsul : I don't think your account needs to be verified to make a withdrawal, anyway if you need to verify without a credit card, check this ;)

How To Verify Paypal Account Without Credit Card in India

@dhruvrock2000 : If you just want to withdraw the funds, as others said, add your bank account and withdraw. You will get the money in about 3-4 days.

If you want to make a payment with an Indian Debit Card, only cards from few banks work. Indian Bank MasterCard debit card seems to be working, but I have tried HDFC, ICICI. City Union Bank Visa cards and none worked.

Another option is to open an HDFC account and you can use the Netsafe VCC option to make payments, you can also go for the ICICI b2 account which gives an eWallet using which you can make international payments.

@ varkey: Boy... You are a genius... Thanx a lot...:clap:

I cannot rep u as I need to spread some rep before repping u.... :(

Just another small doubt: My Paypal name is Nehal Adsul while on my Bank Account, it is Adsul Nehal. Will that be an issue??

How reliable is this fund transfer method ? And can i contest it if the transaction doesn't go through and i'm left without my money ? << just asking and trying to be safe >>

nehaladsul said:

Link your bank a/c and you'll get it verified, they will deposit two small amounts in your bank a/c and you need to enter the amounts to get verified, Simply that's all, now after receiving the money you can withdraw it to your bank.

dhruvrock2000 said:
How reliable is this fund transfer method ? And can i contest it if the transaction doesn't go through and i'm left without my money ? << just asking and trying to be safe >>

The method metioned above is for withdrawing the money in your Paypal account to your Indian Bank Account. Now if you want to make a payment at a website, you cannot fund the payment using your bank account. You will mostly need a credit card or you can try the options I mentioned above.

You can always open a dispute incase of non receipt of items etc.
nehaladsul said:
@ varkey: Boy... You are a genius... Thanx a lot...:clap:

I cannot rep u as I need to spread some rep before repping u.... :(

Just another small doubt: My Paypal name is Nehal Adsul while on my Bank Account, it is Adsul Nehal. Will that be an issue??

Most welcome! :)

IMO you should should open a new account with the name exactly as in your bank account (I'm not sure whether they allow changing the account name of an existing account, try sending a mail to Paypal support) They will be making the payments by NEFT and there are chances for the transaction to be cancelled due to name mismatch.

I have netsafe & b2 ewallet cards and a unverified paypal a/c, can i make purchases on international sites using these cards without verifying the a/c?

Arjun said:
I have netsafe & b2 ewallet cards and a unverified paypal a/c, can i make purchases on international sites using these cards without verifying the a/c?
I guess so... Yes...

But if you add the B2 eWallet, Paypal will automatically ask for verification IMHO.

^ Yes you can but there will be a transaction limit for unverified accounts. But why leave it unverified when you can easily verify the account with your bank account or the virtual credit cards.

Hi all just wanted to know can i add funds to my paypal account using my punjab national bank maestro debit card, and i dont have a credit card

I have recently applied for a ICICI B2B account . Has anyone used this card/account with eWallet to add funds to PayPal ?

FaH33m said:
I have recently applied for a ICICI B2B account . Has anyone used this card/account with eWallet to add funds to PayPal ?
Same Here, me too, The guy just collected the documents today :)

Wish it gets verified and accessible soon :D

Back