Paypal or other payment method for receiving money

Hi,

I want to set up a shop and sell products on www.artfire.com ; www.etsy.com and I want to know what will be the best way to receive payments. Paypal seems to be the most popular on these websites however...

Here's a comment I read on TE about paypal by phoenix844884:

Paypal is good if you are a buyer. Selling through Paypal sucks big time. They will hold your funds for no good reason, not release them even when you provide proof that the items have reached the buyer. Plus doing refund in Paypal India is a PITA. You don't have any paypal balance to pay with as it is all withdrawn into your linked bank account (another way of scroogling us with unnecessary fees). It is tough to work with Paypal India.

Now I am wondering if I should get a paypal account or are there any other / better options or modes of receiving payments. Initially I expect the payments to be as small as US$20 to US$50.

I will really appreciate if someone can help me with this.

Besides I don't think you can transfer money between two paypal accounts which are in India. So if your buyer is from India (assuming you are too) then I doubt they can make payment using paypal.

Paypal is un predictable. It works and then one day it doesn't.All your funds are held and the robots in call center will tell you one reason after another. There was a forum notpaypal or something some months ago. They discussed Google checkout. It depends on your luck with Paypal AFAIK.

better pay 10-15k, and get custom gateway for yourself like ccavenue , ccbill, billdesk, etc. They are far more reliable, as well as protect you from unauthorized charges, some of them are running promotional offer also, please check them

CCavenue is free to start with if you are going to get very low transaction volume initially. The charges per transaction are higher in the free model.

ccavenue.PNG

Instead of CcAvenue, go with Flipkart's PayZippy. A lot cheaper and standard pricing. Comes with different APIs.

btw I have been using PayPal from past one month and I find no problems with it. However I am selling software, so it may be different with other kind of stuff.

Last edited:
Back