[PayPal - receiving payment] Should i be wary of this?!

I did not wanted to create another thread unneccessary.

But I sometimes get email from some with PDF showing I have ordered something and bill of Paypal.

I know I should not be downloading but what is this scam.

I mean how is this scam done.
They just send A thank you for ordering with us and then the PDF with bill and Paypal invoice.

But I sometimes get email from some with PDF showing I have ordered something and bill of Paypal.

They just send A thank you for ordering with us and then the PDF with bill and Paypal invoice.
Sounds like someone might be using your email for their paypal account? It's pretty common for me, since my email is `firstname.lastname@gmail.com`.

Sounds like someone might be using your email for their paypal account? It's pretty common for me, since my email is `firstname.lastname@gmail.com`.
But that person will have issue login right? what if he needs to verify otp or something.
Beside the email is not from Paypal . It is from some name William or whatever and then Paypal PDF.

It is clearly a scam email but what I dont get is....how is the scam done exactly? is it through that PDF file or if I just open the email.

Google scans the PDF also right for any virus and all.

But that person will have issue login right? what if he needs to verify otp or something.
Beside the email is not from Paypal . It is from some name William or whatever and then Paypal PDF.

It is clearly a scam email but what I dont get is....how is the scam done exactly? is it through that PDF file or if I just open the email.

Google scans the PDF also right for any virus and all.
Can you remove your details and upload a screenshot of the email maybe?

Just spam emails, if there are no transactions in your paypal account.
Search this "
I sometimes get email from some with PDF showing I have ordered something and bill of Paypal" on google, you will endup reading lots of information about how/why

Can you remove your details and upload a screenshot of the email maybe?
I will share later.
Just spam emails, if there are no transactions in your paypal account.
Search this "
I sometimes get email from some with PDF showing I have ordered something and bill of Paypal" on google, you will endup reading lots of information about how/why
I did..found some info too.
Paypal asks you to forward those email and the usual warning ..don't open and all.

But like I said I don't doubt it is scam only thing I am trying to understand is how are they pulling off this scam by just sending a email with one pdf.
Google seems to check for virus for every such attachment( pdf).

So are they just trying scare me into panic mode and then maybe wait for my reply and then properly scam me.

I will share later.

I did..found some info too.
Paypal asks you to forward those email and the usual warning ..don't open and all.

But like I said I don't doubt it is scam only thing I am trying to understand is how are they pulling off this scam by just sending a email with one pdf.
Google seems to check for virus for every such attachment( pdf).

So are they just trying scare me into panic mode and then maybe wait for my reply and then properly scam me.
They generally do not send malware this way now, as most email clients (including online) check for virus threats.
They want you to contact them back (confirm your email address) or call them back (your phone number)

Back