PayTM doesn't even respond to tweets or emails :@

I ordered HD650 and HD598 together frm Paytm during a 40% CB, me and my brother were too excited. The seller didn't ship. Paytm didn't respond. After 6 months of fighting with them I got 20K in wallet(Only partially refunded to bank) for their fault(not fulfillment of order). Had to forcefully use 20K on other items. Moral of the story: NEVER BUY FROM PAYTM.

Reading at your comments I dont know whether I should be shocked or laugh out loud. This is India right , We know how things work here. That is why I trust only WS retail . Please avoid these sites ebay, amazon, paytm, shopmebazar, askmebaazar, snapdeal (50-50%) shopclues. etc etc . All bogus websites.

Amazon has much better refund policies than the other ecommerce players at least.
Esp the Amazon Fulfilled orders.

I don't trust wallet money at all. Money stays in my bank account.

While you are using wallet money, the interest is going inside the pocket of wallet backing company. This amount can be pretty huge if you compare the number of people using. Not to forget that the risk of losing money gets higher too if anything bad happens.

Paytm is a digital wallet. Its not an e-com platform. The sole reason for the e-com spin is to get people's money into the digital wallets. In the initial days, they would just list some products at massive discounts to make people order them and almost every order would be canceled and the money put into the digital wallets. Then they would go to the investors and show them how much money people have put in the wallets proving their platforms worth and get funding. There were a lot of people who complained about this. Don't rely on paytm for any kind of service.

Amazon is the only e-com service that can be relied upon when it comes to returns/refunds and they have operated it that way for a long time. Flipkart copied the same model, but I am not sure they will be able to keep it ticking for long.

Esp the Amazon Fulfilled orders.

I don't trust wallet money at all. Money stays in my bank account.

While you are using wallet money, the interest is going inside the pocket of wallet backing company. This amount can be pretty huge if you compare the number of people using. Not to forget that the risk of losing money gets higher too if anything bad happens.
Any money in the bank/ physical wallet / e wallet is risky
The risks vary.
Banks also keep money and earn interest no different from a wallet company
It's the ease and offers on the wallet that make me go with their offerings
I can pay bills in 5 seconds flat - that flexibility is well worth the investment / delta risk
However to each his own [emoji1]

Banks also keep money and earn interest no different from a wallet company
The difference is that banks (well established) are lot more secure and the factor of risk is reduced. If they are earning interest then it's alright with me as long as my money is secure there; better than keeping in my home lest someone robs it.

Wallet increases the risk twofold. Can't really trust paytm or any other wallet services considering the atrocious customer service. I would be ok with inconvenience of couple of seconds more rather than wait for any future issue to be resolved at snail's pace.

Not to forget that the risk of losing money gets higher too if anything bad happens.

Paytm, indeed was hacked pretty recently. Many people complained about receiving sms that their money was used to recharge someone else's mobile number. One of my acquaintance said she lost some wallet money. (example)
I guess, after that incident they introduced the two step verification (OTP) during logging in.

Reading at your comments I dont know whether I should be shocked or laugh out loud. This is India right , We know how things work here. That is why I trust only WS retail . Please avoid these sites ebay, amazon, paytm, shopmebazar, askmebaazar, snapdeal (50-50%) shopclues. etc etc . All bogus websites.
or cloudtail.

I have been using paytm for a long time and till now have fairly good experience. Couple of times was cheated by seller or courier guy but paytm refunded my money. I bought couple of riding glows and i received only one pair. I suspected courier fellow stole it as packing wasnt with paytm seal etc. And another time instead of 2tb portable hdd i got parle g biscuits. So this time seller was AH. But paytm after formalities gave refund without any argument.

So far i have bought plenty of stuff on paytm. Even nikon camera costing 15k.
I would suggest if one is getting refund in wallet, get it. Finish the matter instead of stretching for more time. Wallet money can be used on other sites too like cleartrip etc and worst case scenario, now can be transferred to bank account too with loss of 1%
I am not defending paytm as they are expected to provide easy returns too but they are not as bad as sometimes appear.

@Harpy.eagle where do you stay?
I would suggest if one is getting refund in wallet, get it. Finish the matter instead of stretching for more time.
Yes, it's not much of a problem if a small amount is stuck in wallet, instead of safely returned to bank account. But when credit card is involved, you end up dealing with double the money.
now can be transferred to bank account too with loss of 1%
Paytm has no right to keep the money in wallet and charge for bank transfers if the end user doesn't have the product. Original amount should be returned to the source of payment for issues like transaction failure, item returns etc. Cashbacks can be kept in wallet and charged for transfer because this money doesn't belong to the end user. I use credit card for online shopping and because of paytm's own issues, my bank account gets debited twice.

Paytm has no right to keep the money in wallet and charge for bank transfers if the end user doesn't have the product. Original amount should be returned to the source of payment for issues like transaction failure, item returns etc. Cashbacks can be kept in wallet and charged for transfer because this money doesn't belong to the end user. I use credit card for online shopping and because of paytm's own issues, my bank account gets debited twice.
It's a nice business model for PayTm

@avi Sorry I forgot you still have your problem unresolved. They listen if you tweet them and even better if you tag their CEO :p
They have refunded me 7.5K, but I am yet to get rest 1.3K which is cashback amount.

1. Order something on PayTM
2. Get cashback in wallet
3. Order goes wrong
4. PayTM refunds you rest of the money
5. And it gets to keep your cashback amount in wallet

Nice business model it is.

Back