Budget 51-70k PC Build for 1080p Gaming

aftreck

Recruit
Hi, I am planning to tweak my current setup and looking for some advice on it.

1. What is your budget?
    • Around 60k - 70k
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600
    • Motherboard - MSI B450 Tomahawk
    • GPU - Galax RTX 3070 SG Edition
    • RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16 GB (8x2) 3000 Mhz
    • Monitor - LG 32GK650F
    • PSU - Corsair Vengeance 650M Silver+
    • Cooler - Deepcool Castle 240 RGB V2
    • Case - Phanteks P350X
    • Fans - Deepcool RGB Fans 120mm
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • GPU - Galax RTX 3070 SG Edition
    • Cooler - Deepcool Castle 240 RGB V2
    • RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16 GB (8x2) 3000 Mhz
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600/Ryzen 7 2700x/ Intel i5 or i7
    • Motherboard - Micro ATX preferred
    • GPU - If I sell my RTX 3070, 5700XT maybe
    • PSU - 750W
    • Case: Cooler Master Q300L
    • PSU Cable Mods
    • ARGB Fans
    • Mechanical Keyboard & Mouse
    • Monitor - My monitor is still under return policy so I may return it I switch to 1080p
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • I would like to keep this for atleast until Zen 4 drops in late 2022
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai Prime mostly or other stores in Lamington
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Mostly Gaming
    • Light software usage for my Digital marketing apps
    • Web Browsing
    • Watching Anime
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Mostly AAA RPG titles
    • FPS like CS, PUBG, Valorant (very light as I don't prefer shooters much)
    • Mostly FIFA
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1080p
    2. Desktop - I watch a lot of anime and resolution do not matter there.
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Maybe Yes
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64 bit

What's wrong with your existing system? It's perfectly capable of playing @ 1080p, in fact it can do even more.
Just use it.
I am currently gaming at 1440p. Frames seem limited on several games I tried with CPU always on the higher end of usage and GPU being comfortable. It is struggling to keep Doom Eternal stable at 144 and CPU is reaching close to 70 degrees even with the aio. I feel the CPU is limiting me. As for 1080 p I know its very capable but I wanna push for 240hz and feel i will be limited on CPU demanding games.

Looks like you have just bought some of the components if not all, and already gearing up for upgrade. I don't know man.
Can you post a photograph of the cabinet with all the components installed inside it? Just would like to see the reason for high temp?

If you're upgrading, then better go 5600x atleast.

I am not sure bro if that helps you or not. Also one of the reasons is I am fed up with the fact the mobo doesn't have ARGB. 5600x is 28.5k ffs which is like nearly 400 USD (its tempting though) Also wont some inter CPUs make sense at that price if my purpose is solely gaming?

The only thing that i see that would be worth upgrading is the CPU and the motherboard only. As @nac said, you should atleast go for a 5600x if you're thinking of doing so. And why are you thinking of downgrading to an rx 5700xt when you already have a really good gpu, if not the current mid-highend king at the moment. And push 240hz on what games? Pushing 144hz in any 2020 AAA RPG game such as valhalla or cyberpunk will not be that easy unless you're willing to drop the graphics settings hard. 240hz monitors are imo only applicable for games where you can reach framerates even higher than that such as cs go which is more cpu dependant than gpu, if you're refering to these games then yes, a 240hz monitor does make sense, But you would never be able to reach or make full use of your high refresh rate monitor with singleplayer games and i don't think you could ever hit such a framerate unless as i said before, you turn everything down. Doom Eternal might be the only game which i know that has really really good optimisation, hence even i can get more than 100 frames a second if i tone down the settings on an rx 570.

Very sound points gave in there mu friend and I do agree with your statements. I am very skeptical on 240hz displays as there is almost no purpose to them if you are not an esports player (which I am not) so thus I bought the 3070. The reason I am thinking of a downgrade is because of personal reason if I am forced to sell my 3070 then I mau switch to 5700 Xt. Now I honestly wanted a 5600x and was eagerly waiting for the price reveal but it sucks to pay 28.5k. My reason being I am going upgrade in early 2023 when zen 4 comes in with ddr5, so investing 28.5k now only for like 2 years is not optimal as per me. I would have kept my 2600 but it is limiting me in most titles at 1440p 144z. Various benchmarks indicate rtx 3070 is a great 1440p card hence it won't make much sense to lowering your setting just to get more fps juice. Also, My current mobo doesn't have ARGB and with various rgb hub and controller cable management is poor in this cabinet. Also the dimm slots are very close to the cooler which makes1 slot unusable. Hence I considered an upgrade to compliment my 3070.

I am not sure bro if that helps you or not. Also one of the reasons is I am fed up with the fact the mobo doesn't have ARGB. 5600x is 28.5k ffs which is like nearly 400 USD (its tempting though) Also wont some inter CPUs make sense at that price if my purpose is solely gaming?
It's pretty good.

Is it averaging around 70c or that's a peak temp? And how are the temps when not gaming? How about CPU load? HWinfo snapshot could help, while gaming, idling, under normal work load and also try some bench test like Cinebench.
If it's been years since installation of AIO, uninstall-clean-apply some good quality thermal paste and seat it.

May be Intel could be the answer few months back. But as of today, Ryzen 5000 has a good lead over Intel.

Q300L's thermals are not good. Why not use the existing case?

It's pretty good.

Is it averaging around 70c or that's a peak temp? And how are the temps when not gaming? How about CPU load? HWinfo snapshot could help, while gaming, idling, under normal work load and also try some bench test like Cinebench.
If it's been years since installation of AIO, uninstall-clean-apply some good quality thermal paste and seat it.

May be Intel could be the answer few months back. But as of today, Ryzen 5000 has a good lead over Intel.

Q300L's thermals are not good. Why not use the existing case?
I have no issues with the temps at normal usage. It idles below 40 and on loads averages around 60. On certain games such horizon, Rdr2 the cpu usage is high and the gpu is less. The doom eternal which should be cheese for the rtx 3070 seems limited by Cpu.
Yea

I am not very sure about 5600x due to its pricing. May even pick a used 3700x over that. Did some research on Intel and turns out the mobos are ridiculously overpriced so I Intel is outta the window.

The front is not mesh but rather plastic rgb panel in my current case. Which I feel like limits the air flow at times. Also I am unable to install my gpu bracket in this case due weird positioning of screws.

If it's okay @ idle and normal load, I guess we can't doubt old thermal paste or if it's seated properly or not. I guess we're good on that front.
If you doubt high temp coz of limited airflow, remove the front panel and check (leave the front intake fans naked and let them draw more air). You will know, if it improves you can conclude that it's coz of the case design in the front.
Do some more research and you will find that 5600x is better than 3700x from 720p to 4k as far as gaming is concern. Unless you gonna stream while playing, you gonna benefiit with Zen3 R5 than Zen2 R7. BTW, Ryzen 3600's gaming performance is almost close to 3700x.
One other benefit (other than stream while playing), is you can drop it in your existing board and use. Don't have spend some more for 500 series board.
If you plan to go for new case, check out Gamernexus article - Best case 2020. It just dropped.

upgrade the cpu to zen3 as @nac said keep the mb. Also check if your HT/VT/SMT is turned on,sometimes its disabled and cpu perf gets bottlenecked also check for C/P states disable all power saving features in mobo. Ryzen c-states can be notorious on some boards. I would also advise on adding some ram as some modded games can eatup a lot of ram,where do you store your games ? if on a 5400rpm hdd then certain games have a fps drop due to hdd loading latency try installing the games on a ssd if you have'nt yet.

If it's okay @ idle and normal load, I guess we can't doubt old thermal paste or if it's seated properly or not. I guess we're good on that front.
If you doubt high temp coz of limited airflow, remove the front panel and check (leave the front intake fans naked and let them draw more air). You will know, if it improves you can conclude that it's coz of the case design in the front.
Do some more research and you will find that 5600x is better than 3700x from 720p to 4k as far as gaming is concern. Unless you gonna stream while playing, you gonna benefiit with Zen3 R5 than Zen2 R7. BTW, Ryzen 3600's gaming performance is almost close to 3700x.
One other benefit (other than stream while playing), is you can drop it in your existing board and use. Don't have spend some more for 500 series board.
If you plan to go for new case, check out Gamernexus article - Best case 2020. It just dropped.
Yes, I am positive the case is an issue as I have removed the front panel and temps have gone down very slightly. Also, beneath the removable panel is another solid panel with simple pores or holes in it for air flow. I have even kep it naked in few tests and temps very below 37 on idle and loads did push it to 60. I must also mention that I got the aio last month and I used arctic MX4 past week to sort this thing. It helps but not greatly as I can touch the tempered glass and it does feel very hot. Also, being from Mumbai doesn't help.
Interesting to see 3600 indeed performs close to 3700x and most videos have indicated 10400f edging the 3600 on most games but the Z490 being expensive than AMD boards may force me to go AMD. Also, if I am going for the 3600 should I stick with b450? as the b550 or X570 will be obsolete when Zen 4 drops and If I get a 3600 I wont be upgrading until early 2023.
Yes, that best cases video is in my watch list, thanks I will check it soon.

Interesting to see 3600 indeed performs close to 3700x and most videos have indicated 10400f edging the 3600 on most games but the Z490 being expensive than AMD boards may force me to go AMD. Also, if I am going for the 3600 should I stick with b450? as the b550 or X570 will be obsolete when Zen 4 drops and If I get a 3600 I wont be upgrading until early 2023.
Yeah, for gaming many chips are so close and 3600 was a value option last year. But now with inflated pricing and arrival of 10400F, someone who builds from scratch have other option.
Yes, Intel Z series boards are expensive and so are AMD's 500 series boards.

I wouldn't go for a new board unless I need to. Your Tomahwak is good enough for R5 3600 or 3700X and likely to be good enough for 5600X in a month or so when it gets BIOS update. B550 is only if you're buying Ryzen 5000 now and can't wait for about a month or so.

Looks like you're upgrading more quickly than most. If you're going for 3600, just hope you don't get the itch to upgrade again next year for 5600X or non X if they launch anytime in the next year. ;)

There was a good performance jump from Zen+ to Zen2 and now again to Zen3. Should we expect this will continue for the next iteration? I don't know, if I have to guess I would guess it will be a slight clock speed bump. AMD has been pricing their CPUs aggresively lower than Intel, now with 5000 they are pricing it higher. Don't know if there will be a price drop after Intel announces their next gen 14nm+++++++ CPUs.

Everybody is suggesting 5600X, guess your budget is to blame :). After seeing your budget it's an easy suggestion.

Take time, research and do check other tech forum discussions/reviews as well and decide. It may be too much information but you can make an informed decision.

I just looked at the system image, and I would mount the radiator on top or back instead of front.
If topside is covered then I am not sure how u can get hot air outside from system.
Also the Q300L has some issues which I am not able to recall now, I have removed it my shortlist for my upgrade.

Last edited:
I just looked at the system image, and I would mount the radiator on top or back instead of front.
If topside is covered then I am not sure how u can get hot air outside from system.
Also the Q300L has some issues which I am not able to recall now, I have removed it my shortlist for my upgrade.
Is it in front? I thought it's in top and assumed they are front intake fans.

@OP, If AIO installed in the front. Again check Gamernexus video about how to kill your AIO. Some installation mistakes many seems to do.
Any problem installating at the top?

Is it in front? I thought it's in top and assumed they are front intake fans.

@OP, If AIO installed in the front. Again check Gamernexus video about how to kill your AIO. Some installation mistakes many seems to do.
Any problem installating at the top?
Its on front bro, and yes I checked the GN video and wanted to install the aio on top but the case too BS to do that and I cannot have it on top as it blocks all 4 DIMM slots.

Okay. As he suggested keep the top part about 2 inches higher than the pump if you haven't done that already. But that's not gonna lower the temp, but increase the life of the AIO.

Its on front bro, and yes I checked the GN video and wanted to install the aio on top but the case too BS to do that and I cannot have it on top as it blocks all 4 DIMM slots.
the new case u are shortlisted my also have similar issue.

2600 to 3600 or even 3700 doesn't worth it unless you get a good deal at a second hand 3600
either with almost 0 net loss, so get 5600x or if you want to change board too and can't get to 5600x only then 10600k with z490 board worth around 15k or maybe if you can get good deal on 8700k with z370/390 as its equivalent to 10600k.
no point in going from 2600 to 3600.

Thanks everyone for your recommendations. After pouring in a lot of research on the processor, going from 10400f < 9700k < 10600k < 3700x < 3800x. I finally got a good deal on the 5600x and went with it. So here are my specs. I have still not received some of the parts so I have not built it yet.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x (received)
Motherboard: B550 Gaming Edge Wifi (ordered)
Case: Lian Li Lancool 215 (ordered)
RAM: Gskill Trident Z Neo 2x 8GB 3600Mhz C16 - 2 Kits (ordered)
Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240mm RGB v2 (already had)
SSD: Crucial P1 NVME M.2 1TB (received)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200 1TB (received)
GPU: Galax RTX 3070 SG Edition (already had)
PSU: CM MWE 750 Gold (ordered)
Monitor: LG 32GK650F (already had)
Keyboard: Redragon K551 (not yet ordered)
Mouse: Logitech G102 gen2 (not yet ordered)
Case Fans: Deepcool RF120x 3 (ordered)
Sleeve Cable: CM black (ordered)
Vertical Mount: CM Vertical Mount Ver.2 (ordered)

If you guys think I can do a bit better then do let me know as I can alter some of my orders.

Back