Budget 90k+ PC build for 3d modeling work

Viz

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
    • 100K+
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • 21.5" LG Monitors
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - LG Monitors
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900x 3rd Gen
    • Motherboard - MSI x570 - A Pro ATX Motherboard
    • GPU - MSI Geforce GTX 1660 Super Ventus OC
    • PSU - Cooler Master MWE 650v2 80+ Bronze
    • Corsair Vengeance LPx 16 GB x 2
    • Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250 GB plus Seagate Barracuda 2 TB
    • Lian Li LANCOOL 215 X
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Final
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • All above components from Primeabgb (except the cabinet)
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes/No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • 3d modeling using ArchiCAD
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Nothing specific
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Not for gaming
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Desktop - 1920x1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • YNo
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 pro
Is the above configuration OK? Can you please recommend any improvements? Open for an intel build. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
2 suggestions from my side.
1) go for Lian Li Mesh 2 cabinate.
2) get a b550 motherboard or if only x570 then MSI x570 Tomahawk Max.

also is 250gb enough for you ?

Board you can check B550 Arous Pro pretty solid / X570 Tomohawk or X570 TUF Wifi PLus i think.
Both boards i have running on 5600x and 3900x
250gb/500gb nvme for OS an app installs - 500GB SSD for the app cache - 2TB as u mentioned for file storage and things.
See if you can grab a RTX 2060
PSU CM 650 Gold / Antex EAG 750 Gold
Also haven't seen any mention fo Cooler. Will recommend Noctua U14S Aircooler or a120mm/240mm Arctic Freezer II (Rev3)

Are you going to build this for any professional commercial usage ? If yes then with that budget, won't a pre-built workstation make more sense ? Dell has few such workstations.

Thank you for all your time, I've looked at b550 motherboard and will check if they have stock for ASRock B550 PRO4, also the SSD option for cache.
Does the stock cooler not efficient enough?
Any other cabinet you can recommend, the Lian Li mesh 2 is not available.

Yes this is for professional use, I agree dell offers next day replacement, but with this configuration the price is going to be on the higher side.

Every professional application has a different requirement and when it becomes the question of livelihood, you might not want to compromise on it.

The above article shows how ArchiCAD utilises resources and some benchmarks. It clearly shows that ArchiCAD performance is more impacted by the GPU than a CPU. A 3900x in this instant might be redundant. You might want to go with a 5600x and 2070/3060 instead(Nividia has better OpenGL performance than AMD). Also, if you plan to run it on Hackintosh, AMD is your only open.

Thanks, I configured my pc components to as close to the recommendations as suggested in the link and hence the X570 motherboard, but since others recommended b550, I opted for it, also the 2070/3060 are expensive for me at this stage and hence opted for the 1660 super.

Thanks, I configured my pc components to as close to the recommendations as suggested in the link and hence the X570 motherboard, but since others recommended b550, I opted for it, also the 2070/3060 are expensive for me at this stage and hence opted for the 1660 super.
do one thing. get MSI B450 Tomahawk Max II for 10k and put that motherboard cash in gpu. later upgrade the motherboard to x570 if needed. I don't see u getting a gen 4 ssd so save that cash. reset nothing fany on other side. I personally own both Msi x570 Tomahawk Max and Msi b450 Tomahawk. Both have best in class performance. Best VFM cooling and OC potential. also own 3900x and 5900x so no issue on the motherboard. b550 is a middle ground which I think you should skip at them moment if budget is tight. gpu replacement will be an issue if compared in long run.

Back