PC Buying Guide May 2009

i want to buy a new PC
i already have following items
1) LG 15 monitor
2) sony DVD witer LG DVD ROM
3) TVS gold key board
4) mouse ps2
5) speakers

now i want to buy a pc with 20k budget ( for cpu+hdd+cabinat+mobo)
can u suggest quoad processor configurations . .

Hi All,

This is my first post here.

I am interested in buying a computer for home use and would like some suggestions from you all.

My budget is around INR 30k (can stretch by another 5k or so). The computer would be used mostly for "working from home" meaning most of the time would be spent on the internet.

Apart from this, i would be using the comp to download movies and music (legit stuff, of course, which will be burnt onto a disc as i dont want to clog the hard drive unless required).

I am also crazy about games like NFS, Call of Duty, Rainbow6, and other TPS / FPS games. Also would be using the comp for chatting with family abroad (video chat).

I will also be picking up a printer/scanner and backup power like an UPS or so.

As of now, I need suggestions on :

1. with the above requirements in mind, would it be wise to go for a laptop or a PC?

2. Can i get a config within the above mentioned budget which can support my gaming passion too? or is it wise to just get a basic PC and probably a PS3 later on sometime? I love the PS3 but the price is putting me off at least for now.

3. I would need a computer which would not need upgradation in the near future like 6 months at least.

4. If the choice is for a PC, it would be an assembled one.

5. Please also suggest options for a printer cum scanner (color) and UPS / inverter. The UPS / Inverter is only required to power the computer for a maximum of 2 hours. This so I can finish work within an hour when the power is down and have time to turn the system off. So i dont need backup power supply for hours which can be expensive.

Thanks in advance for all your inputs.

@SidhuPunjab

Can we have a similar guide for servers as well? Many of us would be interested in knowing more about dual socket mobos as well.

Thanks
rax

Back