PC Peripherals PC Buying Guide May-June 08

nice post.

But would have been better if we have several range of similar products and we can select the items we need and get a total price

i propose a low-mid transition config which i intend to buy sometime after 3 months.... i know there will be more options but currently i have this in mind....need comments on this.....

@sidhu bhai : if possible can you merge this with your guide....just rearranged some

Motherboard: Abit IP35-E 5.4k
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 8.4k
Cooling: Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - 1.5k from KMD
RAM: Transcend 2X1GB DDR2 800MHz 2k
GPU: MSI N9600GT-T2D512 - 9250 from phoenix
HDD: Seagate 7200.11 500GB ST3500320AS SATAII 4k
Cabinet: Cooler Master Elite 334 ATX 1.7k
SMPS: Corsair VX450 3.4k
Speakers: Altech Lansing VS4121 2.3k
Moniter: Dell 22" SP2208WFP 15k
Keyboard: Logitech Multimedia .5k
Mouse: Logitech MX518 1.3k
Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Mousepad .85k

Total comes to Rs 55600/-

gr8 stuff indeed..
can i know if i can substiture biostar and intel (home and casual gamer section) with AMD platofrm of 780 G with 4400+..somehow i wanna try AMD this time..ur comments plzz..

rawlinsons said:
gr8 stuff indeed..
can i know if i can substiture biostar and intel (home and casual gamer section) with AMD platofrm of 780 G with 4400+..somehow i wanna try AMD this time..ur comments plzz..

Go for AMD, I bet you won't regret your decision and love it. Six Years back i switched from Intel to AMD and never looked back for Intel. There is no reason that for Casual Gaming should should leave AMD specially when you have AMD 780G Onbaord Graphics.

My Suggestions:

General Purpose Home Machine + Casual Gamer (Budget 25.4k)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H/ MSI K9A2GM-FIH 4.9k
Processor: AMD X2 4200+ 2.85k
Cooling: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro 1.5k
RAM: Transcend 1GB DDR2 800MHz 1k [Another 1GB RAM can be added later on]
GPU: Onboard Sufficient for Casual Gamer instead invest in LCD Monitor
HDD: Seagate 250GB ST3250310AS SATAII 2.3k
Cabinet: Zebronics Bijli ATX 1.1k
SMPS: Cooler Master Xtreme 460W 1.9k
Optical Drive: L.G. H62N 20x IDE / Samsung 203B/D 20x SATA 1.2k
Speakers: Creative Inspire 2.1 M2600 1.8k
Moniter: Viewsonic VA1703WB Wide Screen 19†LCD Monitor -> 8.15k
Keyboard: Samsung Pleomax 0.2k
Mouse: Logitech Optical 0.4k

hi arnov..thanks...this is the exact confg i intend to go with very soon (may be 4400+ or 4800+ processor) and Dell 22incher (if Switch gets it thru for us :)..is the arctic cooling stuff necessarily reqd ..in any case i will take it..thanks once again..I appreciate TE for phenomenal response..

hi arnov...will the arctic freezer 7 pro be compatible with AMD sockets or is it the 64 pro version of the cooler that sits on AMD socket ?? need some clarification before a buyout...

The Freezer 7 Pro is compatible with Socket 775 processors (Intel), and the Freezer 64 Pro with Socket 754/939/940 processors (AMD)

rawlinsons said:
hi arnov...will the arctic freezer 7 pro be compatible with AMD sockets or is it the 64 pro version of the cooler that sits on AMD socket ?? need some clarification before a buyout...

Hey guys I'm really sorry for that I just made changes from the initial 25k budget PC but somehow skipped ignored this Arctic Freezer portion. Kindly make necessary changes according to your knowledge.

excellent post there,
if not monthly u should atleast try and update it once every 2months, excellent excellent post there again!

Punjab, very nice configs...just a question ...is the Hauppauge PVR 150 + MCE Remote available in India if yes(any known price ) if no whats are the ways to fetch it .....also do these both come as a combo or we need to buy them seprately

can someone tell me or suggest me a very high end TV tuner card (INTERNAL) which will support high resolutions at 1024 x 768 and higher !!! with ver good picture(video) quality.

price/budget not an issue.

i use TATA SKY for watching TV. THE TUNER CARD SHOULD SUPPORT TATA SKY.

Back