PC Peripherals PC Buying Help

sTALKEr said:
^^ the 650i ultra is a capable but outdated chipset. The P35 and the P45 respectively are the more current chipsets from intel.
about the psu being only a 450watt supply. Do not fall for the wattage ratings. Many unscrupulous manufacturers tend to fudge ratings and manipulate them to fool potential customers.

What is important in judging the powersupply is the manufacturer, the rated efficiency(lookout for an 80plus certification) and the temperature at whihc the wattage/efficiency rating has been achieved.

CoolerMaster has a RealPower 550watt model for around 5.3k and Antec has an Earthwatts 650EA model for about the same amount.

The Corsair model which has been suggested for you is easily going to suffice for your needs and is about 1k cheaper than the models i've mentioned above.
If your budget is kinda tight, get the Corsair for around 4k. If you can spend more, get either the CM or the Antec.

sO WATS THE COST OF p35 AND p4 CHIPSETS???

unless you want to run two 4850 s in crossfire the PSU recommended is more than enough.

corsair always labels its psu conservatively, and this one can deliver way more than it rated capacity.

you can find in the following review how much overload this one can take..VX450 review
this psu can pawn some others out there which are said to be >600 watts ..:)

to repeat an often quoted saying..
instead of going by the power output labelled, the manufacturer, efficiency, and amperage on the 12V rail(s) are much more important.

and try to restrict your queries in a single thread. :)

Hi mate,

Please don't create multiple threads...U need to have patience to get replies from various members...Rome was not built in a day...now coming back to your query...Since you had mentioned budget of 5k for PSU i had suggested corsair VX 450W...if you want cheaper option then go for atleast Coolermaster 460W PSU...Don't go for VIP....

Regarding mobo its better to opt for gigabyte which i suggested...

That said, not all VIPs are crappy PSUs. FSP OEMs used to be a lot lot better than the Coolermaster ones. Hard to find one retailing new nowadays. :)

For the OP, get a Corsair VX450.

+1 to what tirthankar's said.

Just tell us

1> Requirements

2> Budget

3> Any brand preference

4> Will you be oc'ing then we can suggest something good.

You can't go to a boose shop and ask for boose you need to give them a brand a flavour understand...same with computers :)

Since u are goin to buy AtI HD4850 i would say buy gigabyte P31 chipset board or MSI P35 Neo-F chipset board..Both are reliable&stable mobos...

H2O said:
You can't go to a boose shop and ask for boose you need to give them a brand a flavour understand...same with computers :)
:rofl: :rofl:
rajat.. the VX450 is more than enuf.. u dont need a 500 or 550W SMPS.. its jus gonna be a waste of money..
n plz do tell us ur requirements as H20 is askin..

guy , i'm running intel E7400 on original intel DG31PR mobo .
Now i plan to upgrade to HD4850 from the onboard gfx.
Do i need to change the mobo or will this be sufficient.
I'm not going for any OC as of now.

H2O said:
Just tell us

1> Requirements
2> Budget
3> Any brand preference
4> Will you be oc'ing then we can suggest something good.

This is my final confuguration. Please suggest any necessary changes specially on motherboard.Budget for motherboard <or equal to5k.
Motherboard: Giagabyte G31 OR P35 P45 OR P55 Or Biostar tp45 OR MSI P35 Neo-F (budget<5k)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7300
Cooling: Cooling: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
RAM: Transcend 2x2GB DDR2 800MHz
GPU: Palit HD 4850 512MB
HDD: Western Digital 640GB SATAII
Cabinet: Antec 300
SMPS: Corsair VX450

rajatgarewal said:
This is my final confuguration. Please suggest any necessary changes specially on motherboard.Budget for motherboard <or equal to5k.

Motherboard: Giagabyte G31 OR P35 P45 OR P55 Or Biostar tp45 OR MSI P35 Neo-F (budget<5k)

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7300

Cooling: Cooling: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro

RAM: Transcend 2x2GB DDR2 800MHz

GPU: Palit HD 4850 512MB

HDD: Western Digital 640GB SATAII

Cabinet: Antec 300

SMPS: Corsair VX450

Looking good :)

You should be able to find a P35 for around 5.5-6k. The P45's from Biostar and gigabyte start off at 6.5k afaik so might be slightly out of your budget.

sTALKEr said:
Looking good :)
You should be able to find a P35 for around 5.5-6k. The P45's from Biostar and gigabyte start off at 6.5k afaik so might be slightly out of your budget.

Screw the P35! The Gigabyte G31 S2L is more than worth the moolah for 2.5k! The board overclocks like a gem for the price paid! :D

Spend the rest for anything wise! :p

Gunman said:
Screw the P35! The Gigabyte G31 S2L is more than worth the moolah for 2.5k! The board overclocks like a gem for the price paid! :D

Spend the rest for anything wise! :p

ocing is not the only objective for some ppl in this world you beech :p

also, afaik the said gigabyte board is m-atx with only 2 RAM slots. correct me if i'm wrong :ashamed:

Yes the G31-S2L has only two ram slots. I had to ditch that board for the same reason. The G33-S2L set me back by 4.3 K ... Incidentally I couldn't find any P-Series / EP - Series Gigabyte boards at Lamington road.

Back