PC Peripherals Pc Configuration For Medium Gaming

vinaycm said:
My persoanl suggestion : change the cabinet to something cheaper and put the extra cash on a better gfx card.. Coz the 8600GT is the only out of propotion component i see i the config.. Evrything else ok.. My opinion : Swap the CM 690 for a cheaper one and get more powerful gpu like a 8800GT.. Coz it only matters how it perfroms, not that how it looks, right??

Dont you people think 8800GT would be a waste on a 19" LCD.:huh:

indrajeet1811 said:
Nope definitley not if u want to future proof ur computer for atleast a year...

What do u mean by future proof. I wont upgrade for atleast three years so is it worth buying a gfx card costing 14 grands now instead of a gfx card costing 5.5 grands when I am just going to play NFS, some other games. Not a great fan of FPS or RPG

Anand_A said:
Guys this is the config that I have decided for my new system.

Proccy

Core 2 Duo E6750

Motherboard

Abit IP35 Pro

Memory

Transcend DDR2 2GB 800 Mhz

HDD

Seagate Sata II 250 GB

Cabby

Cooler Master CM 690

Graphics Card

XFX 8600GT 256MB DDR3

PSU

POV Black Diamond 500W

Monitor

DELL 19" LCD

Do you think I require to change it. My budget is around 45k. I stay in Mumbai.

Please reply as this thread was started since one of the member on this forum asked me to start a new thread since I had posted the same question in a thread started by someone else.

Here is my suggestion

E6750 @ 8K

Abit IP-35-E @ 5.7K

Seagate Barracuda 250GB @ 2.8K

Lite-ON (Sata) 20X DVD-RW @ 1.4K

RAM: 2X1GB Transcend 800Mhz @ 2K

Gfx card: ATI 3850 @ 11.7K (512mb DDR3).

Here is the card at TE http://www.techenclave.com/forums/msi-pov-ati-asus-graphic-cards-103534.html

And here is the review: techPowerUp! Review :: GeCube Radeon HD 3850 X-Turbo III 512 MB :: Page 23 / 23

In fact now that KMD is back in TE you may get this card at even around 10K if you can live with the loss of local warranty.

Cabine: CM Elite 330 (or something like that) @ 2.1K

PSU: POV Black Diamond 500W @ 2.9K

19" Dell Monitor with DVI support @ Around 11K

Keyboard+Mouse @ .7K

Total = around 47.5K

Cut down on PSU and get Powersafe 500W Gold for around 1.7K if you if the budget is shooting a little too high for your taste. Also if you want to compromise a little you can go for Zebronics Bijli @ 1.1K (without PSU) instead of CM cabinet.

And in any case, no need to go for fancy cabinet like Cooler Master CM 690 and compromise on core components like processor, gfx card, PSU and mobo.

Anand_A said:
What do u mean by future proof. I wont upgrade for atleast three years so is it worth buying a gfx card costing 14 grands now instead of a gfx card costing 5.5 grands when I am just going to play NFS, some other games. Not a great fan of FPS or RPG

if its only gonna be Racing games and sports games...hmm....i guess 8600GT should be enough or better yet why dont u buy a second hand 8800gts 320mb from someone selling it here at around 8k..that would be the best solution for u...

indrajeet1811 said:
if its only gonna be Racing games and sports games...hmm....i guess 8600GT should be enough or better yet why dont u buy a second hand 8800gts 320mb from someone selling it here at around 8k..that would be the best solution for u...

Even for racing games, 8600GT won't suffice for high quality gaming at a 19" monitor.
Try playing DiRT at ultra settings on 8600GT :p

^he clearly doesnt want to spend nearly 15k on a GFX....well at that range (6-8k)nothing else is available so i suggested the 320mb second hand ....

Back