Budget 31-40k PC for 30-45 k

1. What is your budget?
    • 30-45K. Can spend up to 45k but want to keep it as low as possible, enough to get the job done.
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • 7 year old i3 Dell PC
      Apple wired keyboard
      Dell 24 inch 1080 p monitor
      650 APC ups
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - 24 inch monitor
    • Apple keyboard
    • APC ups
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • Haven't purchased or finalised anything yet but have zeroed in on the following:-
    • processor- haswell i5-4460 / 3.2 GHz -Rs.13200
    • SAMSUNG 850 EVO 120GB SSD- Rs.5k and WD HDD 160 gb -Rs.700
    • Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3- Rs.3050
    • smps- CORSAIR CX430 430W Rs.3075
      Or Seasonic S12II 430w -Rs.4500
    • mobo- Asus - HaswellB85M-G Rs.5700 or gigabite GA-B85M-D3H mobo
    • Onboard graphics
    • cabinet- Corsair 100R for 3500 or spec 1 for 3700.
    • Total 35,850
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • The only component I will be upgrading (only if absolutely necessary) is RAM. Will be keeping this system for 3-4 years and then dump the entire system (except the case ) and get a new one.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Local dealer. Would prefer buying the entire system from a single dealer for easier RMA.
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Light room and Photoshop. Am not a pro. Photography is just a hobby of mine. No bulk editing of images. Around 4-5 hours a week. That's it.
    • Web browsing
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No brand loyalty. But looking for a reliable manufacturer with good after sales service. Specially for things like mobo and PSU care more about reliability than cost.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Absolutely no gaming.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Desktop- 1080 p
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No overclocking whatsoever.
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
Do you all think it's a good idea to get the Seasonic PSU over the Corsair one? The reason I am having second thoughts about Corsair is reliability.
Coming to mobo , which is more reliable? Which company offers better after sales services- Asus or gigabyte? This is one component I am really worried about going kaput. Do you think I should get a better mobo just for increased reliability even though my needs are easily meet by these ? Also how good is the graphics capabilities of these two boards?
I am having a really tough time picking a cabinet. Want a quiet decent looking cabinet without all those neon lights and at least 1 front(ideally 2 USB-3) ports . That's why don't really want to go for Corsair spec -1. Corsair 100 r is a good cabinet that keeps the noise down but as per reviews the ssd temperatures are high. Can spend more on cabinet considering this will be the only part that will make it to the next PC.

Also do you really need a DVD drive to install OS?
Sorry for all the questions.

Last edited:
> Stick to SeaSonic PSU. One you have chose is good.

> For motherboard I would suggest Asus.

> OS installation can be done by USB pen drive also.

Your current chosen system looks good. You may consider Skylake too for approx 4-5K more.

Budget - 44k (Skylake Config)

Processor Intel Core i5 6500 15,000
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H 7,500
Memory
G.Skill RipJaws V 8GB 2133 MHz DDR4 3,500
Power Supply
Seasonic S12II 520w 4,800
Cabinet
Corsair Carbide 100R 3,500
SSD
Samsung 850 EVO 120GB 4,500
Internal Storage
WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD 3,500
Optical Drive
Asus DRW 24B3ST DVD R/W 1,000
Keyboard
Logitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo 700
Mouse
Included in combo 0

Total -44,000.

Last edited:
Thank you vyral and sunil. Any particular reason I should go for skylake over haswell considering I am not lookin to upgrade?
Also which cabinet should I go for?

Well, Skylake has improvement of 5-10% in processing power. But it's graphic power is improved by roughly 20%. This should help you in Light room and Photoshop by some margin. For cabinet is there any other main requirement apart from 2 USB 2.0 ports at front ?

Apart from 2 USB 3.0 ports, need a cabinet without those flashy led fans. That's the reason I don't want to go for Corsair spec-1 cabinet. Also would prefer a cabinet with some amount of noise isolation if possible.

Very much interested in the Corsair 100 R silent series. Only thing i want to know is whether USB 3.0 connectors provided on the front panel connect directly to motherboards or do you have to connect them to the back port?

Very much interested in the Corsair 100 R silent series. Only thing i want to know is whether USB 3.0 connectors provided on the front panel connect directly to motherboards or do you have to connect them to the back port?
Corsair 100R front panel connectors are connected to USB 3.0 port located on the motherboard.

@bssunilreddy : Please suggest me a config around 60K :) :)

Thanks in advance.
Budget - 61.2k (Skylake Non-OC Build)

Processor Intel Core i5 6500 15,000
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H 7,500
Memory
G.Skill RipJaws V 8GB 2133 MHz DDR4 3,500
Power Supply
Seasonic S12II 520w 5,500
Cabinet
Corsair Carbide SPEC-01 3,500
Monitor
Dell S2216H 22" LED IPS 9,000
GPU
Zotac GTX960 4GB 16,500
Internal Storage
WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD 3,500
Keyboard
Logitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo 700
Mouse
Included in combo 0

Total -61,200.

I would suggest getting this one item, from entire machine, online. Corsair CX series were good when they had introduced approx 4 years back or so. But with v2 of them, caps used have degraded in quality.

If they do not have local center in your area, you need to ship PSU to their Kolakata office and they will in-turn ship replacement to you. Generally this process takes a week including shipping.

And tirupati are very good in service.. U just need to mail them your invoice along with the serial no in your box.. They will send you a confirmation mail & ask you to ship the item at their specified address & mail them the tracking details.. Thats all.. They will do the rest & send you a new one if they find it faulty.. Thats what happened to me in my case. Took around 10-15days for me though.. Which is good enough..

Back