PC for a beginner in Desktops

Knight Rider said:
The prices that Santosh from ashirwad gave me were a bit differrent, However he said he will double check once he is in the shop.

AMD Phenom 2-X2-555 BE : 4700
Gigabyte 785GMT-US2H - 5500
Gigabyte 785GMT-USB3 - 6300
Kingstone 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz : 2500/-
LG DVD writer 900/-
Cooler master Eline 310: 1600
Dell 22" ST2210 LCD monitor 8600/-
Wreless Logitech keyboard and mouse MM : 1200/-
FSp saga 2 400w:1900
FSp saga 2 350w:1600

He also said that there is no model called Benq2220, and Asus have better A.S.S. now as they pickup things from doorstep and check if it could be rectified there itself.

I also want to know which monitor to go for, Dell samsung or the Benq?

Once again thanks for all the help
Are these VAT inclusive prices? Mobo price is high. It is much cheaper from SMC, Delhi. If u are comfortable with buying from TE dealer then u can get the Gigabyte 785GMT-US2H for 4.6k VAT inclusive + Rs.100-150 shipping charges from SMC. Rest of the prices it pretty good. Whats the price of the other two monitors locally

DarkAngel said:
Are these VAT inclusive prices? Mobo price is high. It is much cheaper from SMC, Delhi. If u are comfortable with buying from TE dealer then u can get the Gigabyte 785GMT-US2H for 4.6k VAT inclusive + Rs.100-150 shipping charges from SMC. Rest of the prices it pretty good. Whats the price of the other two monitors locally
Nope they are excluding VAT, He has not given me the price for samsung, will call him now and ask for that
and he said benq does not have a model (2220 HD)

Do advise

Knight Rider said:
Nope they are excluding VAT, He has not given me the price for samsung, will call him now and ask for that
and he said benq does not have a model (2220 HD)

Do advise

Errr.
BenQ India - Computing

The ST2210 is a good option. There is a review in TE too IINM. Go for that :)
If u gonna add good mid range GPU and few HDD's in the future then go for the FSP SAGAII 400w as it would give u better upgrade headroom and price difference is very less.
If buying from online is an option go for the mobo Giga 785GMT-US2H from SMC. You can avail warranty in the local service center in Blore. So that aint a problem as u would save 1k there :)
As i said rest of the prices are pretty competitive. Its almost similar or less than the Product+shipping prices from stores at Mumabi, Delhi etc...

Thank you@Darkangel, How about the proccesor, Should I stick with gigabyte? He told me about another one in Asus as well, ma488tm, Said it comes with 7.1 onborard graphics, radion 4200 graphics etc and also the service has improved and they do doorpick up Etc?

Knight Rider said:
Thank you@Darkangel, How about the proccesor, Should I stick with gigabyte? He told me about another one in Asus as well, ma488tm, Said it comes with 7.1 onborard graphics, radion 4200 graphics etc and also the service has improved and they do doorpick up Etc?

Asus RMA is handled by Rashi and is pretty poor. Got loads of -ve feedback in the forum. I am not sure how good it is in Blore. Wait for Blore TEians to comment on this. My personal choice would be Gigabyte.

The processor is actually very good one. If u are lucky u may even unlock it to a quad core.

Bought!

AMD Phenom 2-X2-555 BE
Gigabyte 785GMT-USB3 -
OCZ 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz
LG DVD writer
Cooler master Eline 310
Dell 22" ST2210 LCD monitor
Wreless Logitech keyboard and mouse MM
FSp saga 2 400w
HDMI cable (Good one with gold coloured connectors)
Computer Table :)

Thanks everyone, Especialy @darkangel for thier patience and guidance, Will post pics soon

Knight Rider said:
Bought!

AMD Phenom 2-X2-555 BE
Gigabyte 785GMT-USB3 -
OCZ 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz
LG DVD writer
Cooler master Eline 310
Dell 22" ST2210 LCD monitor
Wreless Logitech keyboard and mouse MM
FSp saga 2 400w
HDMI cable (Good one with gold coloured connectors)
Computer Table :)

Thanks everyone, Especialy @darkangel for thier patience and guidance, Will post pics soon
NP Boss. Congos for the new rig :)

Thank you buddingwhizkid, I havent tried it yet, I am not sure if I can post this here,
When i plugin the HDMI cable, the screen area reduces to 3/4th though the resolution remains the same, But if you plugin the VGA cable, everything goes back to normal, Can someone help me please?

Back