Budget 41-50k PC for around 41 - 45 k

I will go for the Intel i5 3570K+P8Z77-M PRO option, Use it for about a week time(without overclocking) and if the temperature seams to be fine with the stock cooler, will stick with the same. But if temperature seams to be a problem, I will get a third party heat-sink and OC the proccy

Sure go ahead with that configuration but instead of immediately burdening yourself with the cost of a cooler, it will be better to invest in a thermal paste like --
  • Arctic Silver 5
  • TuniQ TX-2 / 3 / 4
  • Cooler Master Thermal Fusion 400
  • SVG Tech Thermag v1 [source from SVGTech.com Pune]

These should be priced between ~350/- -->600/- and should be available with the IT-Depot. Include this in your initial purchase and if the temperatures seem high, clean the cooler and apply this thermal paste. This should be your method of operation until you can get a decent cooler for over-clocking the RIG later.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Sure go ahead with that configuration but instead of immediately burdening yourself with the cost of a cooler, it will be better to invest in a thermal paste like --
  • Arctic Silver 5
  • TuniQ TX-2 / 3 / 4
  • Cooler Master Thermal Fusion 400
  • SVG Tech Thermag v1 [source from SVGTech.com Pune]

These should be priced between ~350/- -->600/- and should be available with the IT-Depot. Include this in your initial purchase and if the temperatures seem high, clean the cooler and apply this thermal paste. This should be your method of operation until you can get a decent cooler for over-clocking the RIG later.

Thanks bro.. Will add Arctic Silver 5 to my initial purchase. This thermal compound should be better than the one that comes with stock cooler right?? In that case, is application of new thermal compound initially advisable??

If things goes as planned, will get all the required components before the end of August..

TY

Thanks bro.. Will add Arctic Silver 5 to my initial purchase. This thermal compound should be better than the one that comes with stock cooler right?? In that case, is application of new thermal compound initially advisable??

No, just keep this thermal paste as a standby, if you trust personal skill in assembling the RIG assemble it yourself at home OR if not so sure, go ahead and let the shop guys do it. Then monitor the temperatures, if it doesn't cross ~65° C under normal day-to-day tasks then you are safe and the paste can be used whenever you start over-clocking.

If the temperatures are really screwy though, then follow these guides and apply the Arctic Silver paste -- 80-way Thermal Interface Material Performance Test | Thermal Interface Material,Thermal Paste,Heatsink Compound,80-Way Thermal Interface Material Best Thermal Paste Heatsink Compound Cooling Performance Comparison Benchmark Tests / Guide - How TIM Works & How To Apply It Correctly | bit-tech.net on your RIG.

@ ALPHA17 : Thanks for the guide bro.. The complete assembling will be done by me, so no problem..

How good is ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 32GB DDR3 Motherboard compared to Asus P8Z77-M PRO?? There is a 1k price difference between these boards.. On paper, ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 looks better.. But i am inclined towards asus boards.. Need experts view on these..

@ ALPHA17 : Thanks for the guide bro.. The complete assembling will be done by me, so no problem..

How good is ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 32GB DDR3 Motherboard compared to Asus P8Z77-M PRO?? There is a 1k price difference between these boards.. On paper, ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 looks better.. But i am inclined towards asus boards.. Need experts view on these..

The ASRock motherboard is a better over-clocker and surely packs in a few more features as compared to the ASUS Z77-M PRO. The only reason I avoided recommending this motherboard was that ASRock is not a very widespread brand in India and I am unawares of its after sales network in India. So I do not want to take chances, even ASUS had poor after sales in India [courtesy Rashi] but they have gone a long way to try to improve the situation that is why I recommend them these days.

Hope this explains my stand clearly, Cheerio!

I would be buying the following rig before the end of this week..

Intel i5 3570K
Gskill 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 RIPJAWS X
Corsair TX650V2
Corsair Carbide 400R
Logitech Wireless Keyboard K270
Altec VS2621

I am much confused deciding between Asus MAXIMUS V GENE or Asus P8Z77-V or ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 motherboards. I want expert's view on this. Help me selecting the best.

TY

I'd say go for Maximus V Gene,It's great for overclocking,It's a solid mobo to get.

Intel i5 3570K
Corsair TX650V2
Corsair Carbide 400R
Altec VS2621

I am much confused deciding between Asus MAXIMUS V GENE or Asus P8Z77-V or ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 motherboards. I want expert's view on this. Help me selecting the best.

TY

Intel i5 3570K
Corsair TX650V2
Corsair Carbide 400R
Altec VS2621

I say go for the ASUS P8Z77-V, it is a capable motherboard (not the best over-clocking motherboard) and its full-ATX dimensions allow it to carry a lot of extra slots / connectors which the MAXIMUS V GENE lacks. Also space is much better utilized in the same.

P.S. -- which cooler do you plan to use for over-clocking?

Thanks to every one who helped me in the process of deciding with the components for my new rig. A special thanks to ALPHA17 and Jakob :).

Finally bought all the desired components last saturday.. I had a tough time in deciding between the mobos. I didn't like the micro-ATX boards from the very beginning. But I loved MAXIMUS V GENE, except that it was micro ATX. Finally, went to P8Z77-V as my mind said.. I had a very tough time finding 3570k, Gskill RIPJAWS X and carbide 400r.. None of the shop in ritchi street had this components in stock.. Somehow, Navin from delta peripherals managed to get me 3570k as promised.. Since they had only 1 X 4GB gskill ripjaws x, I decided to go with corsair vengence RAM. None had carbide 400r cabby in stock.. They Neither had carbide 500r or Nzxt Temptest Evo in stock.. After much of a struggle, found carbide 500r available with IT DEPOT. So, had to take a tough decision to go for carbide 500r cabby @ Rs.6.5k.. Following was the final config I ended up with :

Intel i5 3570K
ASUS P8Z77-V
Seagate 1TB 7200.14 HDD
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHZ
Corsair TX650V2
Corsair Carbide 500R
Logitech Wireless combo MK320
Altec VS2621

Will get the following as and when it is required :

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal compound
Corsair H100 or better cooler
A decent GPU
TV tuner card
Gaming Keyboard and mice

I couldn't fight with my sleep y'day. So, didn't assemble the system yet. Will update with pics once i assemble my system :D

Hello friends.. Just an update after using the rig for about a week time.. So far soo good :).. Though I have few doubts to be cleared,

1. What should be the idle temperature of the processor with stock cooler?? What should be the level at which i should go for Arctic Silver 5 Thermal compound???
2. If I am right, the RAM would be clocked @ 1333 MHZ by default though its a 1600 MHZ RAM module. This was my case as well.. Should I over clock it to 1600 MHZ straightaway?? If so, How should I do it??

TY

The temps usually are between 45-60 approximately but if it's above 65 then there is some heating going on.About the thermal paste check this video you'll have an idea about how much to apply it on the proccy.arctic silver 5 on cpu - YouTube
Since you've gotten i5 3570K the ram should be @1600mhz at stock so there's no point in going further than that but if you feel like doing it then it's your call.
Hello friends.. Just an update after using the rig for about a week time.. So far soo good :).. Though I have few doubts to be cleared,

1. What should be the idle temperature of the processor with stock cooler?? What should be the level at which i should go for Arctic Silver 5 Thermal compound???
2. If I am right, the RAM would be clocked @ 1333 MHZ by default though its a 1600 MHZ RAM module. This was my case as well.. Should I over clock it to 1600 MHZ straightaway?? If so, How should I do it??

TY

^^ @ present, the idle temp is ranging between 45 - 50.. So, I guess I can stick with the stock cooler for time being..

Regarding the RAM clock speed, presently it shows 1333 mhz in BIOS. But the Installed RAM is 1600 MHZ.. Should I do something to make it run @ 1600 MHZ??

TY

present, the idle temp is ranging between 45 - 50.. So, I guess I can stick with the stock cooler for time being..

Regarding the RAM clock speed, presently it shows 1333 mhz in BIOS. But the Installed RAM is 1600 MHZ.. Should I do something to make it run @ 1600 MHZ??

Stick to the stock cooler and no need to Re-TIM the processor either. Apply a fresh coat of TIM when you switch the PC cooler.

Methods of application can be found here --> 80-way Thermal Interface Material Performance Test | Thermal Interface Material,Thermal Paste,Heatsink Compound,80-Way Thermal Interface Material Best Thermal Paste Heatsink Compound Cooling Performance Comparison Benchmark Tests.
Read Surface preparation and TIM application methodology.

For running the RAM at 1600MHz enable Intel XMP in the EFI-BIOS.

Back