PC Peripherals Pc not booting up

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
Hey guys
This morning my pc got abruptly shut.
Now when I am trying to turn it on by pressing power button, Just for a split second the cpu fan runs and then stops and then it goes into a loop of turning on after a couple of seconds and shutting off

There is no sound and there is no light just the faint hdd light that too for a split second

The mobo is getting power as the mobo light is on

Have tried removing ram's, changing their slots, removing the various cards resetting the bios jumper but nothing

The pc is close to 6 years old with i5 750, intel dh55tc board and a 4d normal smps
One thing is when I hit power button the power supply fan doesn't run, I am not sure how this works but thought should mention

Thanks

Kindly help me diagnose as i wont be taking it to the computer market..

Thanks

Last edited:
List your psu.
Reset bios via the jumpers on motherboard.
Also, disconnect everything except psu/gpu and try after a bios reset.

Have already resetted the bios
Seems like the board is gone
Had gone to local mkt
They are advising me to get a zebronics h55 board
Or asking me to upgrade altogether
What do you guys think

Since the power supply isn't running, get the power supply checked first. Most probably, it is getting hot and turning off. If you can, run the PC with a different power supply, or tell the computer repair shop to do that. If you can get the power supply repaired, go for it... it will be cheaper. To me, the power supply looks the culprit.

Since the power supply isn't running, get the power supply checked first. Most probably, it is getting hot and turning off. If you can, run the PC with a different power supply, or tell the computer repair shop to do that. If you can get the power supply repaired, go for it... it will be cheaper. To me, the power supply looks the culprit.
Nope took it to the mkt and I was told the mobo is gone and they didn't want to repair it owing to its age and they not having any other to fetch parts from.

Either i ll have to get same dh55tc or i ll need to move on now and upgrade

But the culprit is the mobo

Did they test the power supply to see if it was good? Why wasn't its fan spinning? Did they test the system to reach the conclusion that mobo was gone for sure? If you can, just try with a different power supply. I am pressing on it a bit, because just make sure the mobo is really gone, and it is not the power supply. Because, if just the power supply is bad, then all your expenses on new PC would be quite a loss.

If mobo is really gone, it will make sense to go for upgrade, rather than replacement with same mobo, if you can afford it. Or maybe you can get the same mobo second hand from somewhere.

It is really a shame though, that such things happen so suddenly, and don't even give you a warning in advance. I too have had this experience where my old PC just blew away, because of a faulty UPS. Stupid cheap Micromax UPS! My motherboard just fried because of it for nothing. It was months before I could purchase a new PC, because I had to spend time to decide on the setup for the new PC. Had to borrow an old PC from my cousin and used that till I got the new PC.

Good luck to you.

I also had similar problems with my pc like fan spining then took it to the market and they also said mobo is gone also asking 5k for a 6 year old h61 mobo.I think i will wait and upgrade my pc later Its better than buying mobo and wait for upgrade.

Hi @JMak , there is problem in the VRM section of your motherboard, go to some chip level repairing guy, and that can be repaired.

This VRM section is behind the back panel ports i.e. on the left side of the CPU.

Since the motherboard is faulty now, you can also try to clean the motherboard first with isopropyl alcohol (99% pure one used to clean PCB) and then dry the motherboard for atleast 24 hrs and then try to run the same.

This may help you.

Prashant

Did they test the power supply to see if it was good? Why wasn't its fan spinning? Did they test the system to reach the conclusion that mobo was gone for sure? If you can, just try with a different power supply. I am pressing on it a bit, because just make sure the mobo is really gone, and it is not the power supply. Because, if just the power supply is bad, then all your expenses on new PC would be quite a loss.

If mobo is really gone, it will make sense to go for upgrade, rather than replacement with same mobo, if you can afford it. Or maybe you can get the same mobo second hand from somewhere.

It is really a shame though, that such things happen so suddenly, and don't even give you a warning in advance. I too have had this experience where my old PC just blew away, because of a faulty UPS. Stupid cheap Micromax UPS! My motherboard just fried because of it for nothing. It was months before I could purchase a new PC, because I had to spend time to decide on the setup for the new PC. Had to borrow an old PC from my cousin and used that till I got the new PC.

Good luck to you.
Yes dear a new power supply was attached and it didn't solve the issue
Many thanks for sharing your views buddy
Atm i am zeroing on a setup with help from a dear friend who is also a forum member
A used r5 1500
A new a320 asus
Used 16gb ddr4
New psu
Will use old cabinet
Agree with this^. Be wary of sellers trying to pawn off old stock on you by misdiagnosing the issue.
No one tried to sell me anything Infact no one charged for diagnosing tbh
All said you may buy a new h55 board or upgrade after deciding your setup, but they all said ke SIR AB ISKA PEECHA MAR KARO, UOGRADE
I also had similar problems with my pc like fan spining then took it to the market and they also said mobo is gone also asking 5k for a 6 year old h61 mobo.I think i will wait and upgrade my pc later Its better than buying mobo and wait for upgrade.
I am going for the upgrade right now mate
Hi @JMak , there is problem in the VRM section of your motherboard, go to some chip level repairing guy, and that can be repaired.

This VRM section is behind the back panel ports i.e. on the left side of the CPU.

Since the motherboard is faulty now, you can also try to clean the motherboard first with isopropyl alcohol (99% pure one used to clean PCB) and then dry the motherboard for atleast 24 hrs and then try to run the same.

This may help you.

Prashant
Thanks a lot prashant, this board was repaired around 4 years back when the ati card was friejd owing to stoppage of its fan which lead to the burning of one of the capacitors on the board which was easily repaired at that time.
But as this setup is around 10 years I am taking the plunge
Thanks for diagnosing the issue, means alot bro
Take care

Well, if they performed all the checks, then yes, they are right.

Upgrade is the way to go then. Buy as much new components as you can, and latest ones... will keep you going for years. Good luck!

Back