PC Peripherals PC Not Turning On ...Burning Smell On PSU!

yohanns23

Disciple
Hi, I was working on my pc and then suddenly it turned off!

i then smelt a burning smell on it...near the psu. ....it wasnt on fire lol.....

i waited for sometime (maybe overheating although i have 2 coolermaster 12cm fans + 3 more stock fans...) and then it booted up.....i also cleaned my pc thoroughly since it was dusty......it turned on...but my internet wasnt working...the ethernet adapter drivers were corrupt....then when i tried going to the device manager and re installing the drivers...the pc switched off again.......

is it a failing psu?....specs on my signature btw....

the psu is 2 years old now.....

i also tried switching on the pc again , only the led's on the fans blink for a few seconds and then the pc turns off as usual...

plz help!

thanks

Could be a faulty PSU blown away with taking MB, first change PSU alone. Check loose power cables.

EDIT- Examine any visible short circuit, burned spot before the PSU replacement.

lol...nope.....i just wanted to confirm if the psu was the main culprit here......i'll give it for servicing...and check if its repairable , if not....just settle for a cooler master...how good is it btw?

yohanns23 said:
lol...nope.....i just wanted to confirm if the psu was the main culprit here......i'll give it for servicing...and check if its repairable , if not....just settle for a cooler master...how good is it btw?

Dont buy the Cooler Master Extreme series

if existing PSU is just 400-500 wala than none but PSU & better buy new & check it first at your place, if still problem not solved than only visit service center.

Back