PC Peripherals PC shuts down after couple of hours

I've just bought an Abit IP35-E. since my old Biostar TP35D2-A7 died for god knows what reason.
soo.. i got the Abit IP35-E. using stock cooler haven't overclocked at all.
using windows XP, was planning to use Vista since its more useful for me.

i'm into heavy graphic renders and physics which requires CPU power. at load the temps are 66deg. and it idels at 44deg.im happy with that since i have no AC in my house.

eversince i got this new mobo my PC restarts after every hour or two, and the process of shutdown is proper i.e saving setting and logging off.

i've tried to use the PC with 1 HDD and disconnected the other drive. also updated all the drivers and did a CMOS clear. also carefully setup the bios according to the manual got with the mobo.
i don't think its heat issue since the temps are undercontrol and i've set the system shutdown temo 70deg. which the system bearly reaches.
help!!! please i'm really stuck can't work/render when PC restarts most of the time.

The most famous lines in the history of technical support- Did you turn it off and turn it on again!!!

=

Kidding, Are you using the same power supply which you used on your old board. Chances are that power supply might be fried. Get it checked.

A bad psu will give instant shutdown under load usually- it seems he can render w/o any crashes, BSODs, etc.

But a proper shutdown that says "Windows logging off", "saving settings", ... :S

shutdowns/restarts happen for high temps as well, not jsut mobo/cpu even high temps on the gfx card will cause this. and specifically since in ur case the pc does run for some time ... it most probably means some component starts getting heated and after some time when it reaches the threshold, it restarts. happenned to me with my old 6200 LE gfx card, used to cool it with a table fan b4 changing it :)

restarts canb due to bad psu too....at load....swap the psu...problem mite b the board itself again....which psu nywayz??

well i checked the parts and all its been 8 hrs since the PC havnt restarted ... so i think updating the drivers again did the thing.... lets hope so things stay the same

Back