PC Peripherals PC Speakers 2.0 / 2.1

reborn

Disciple
Hi guys! Could you suggest a set of 2.0 or 2.1 desktop speakers between Rs 5 - 10k? Preferably on Amazon so I can buy in the upcoming sale.

For 2.0, my suggestion would be to spend some more and get the Presonus Eris 3.5 for around 12-13K. There's also the Mackie CR3X at 10K and CR4X at 13K. However, there are concerns about Mackie's long term reliability.

However, for 2.1 I'd say take a look at the Sony D20 for around 8K.

Hi guys! Could you suggest a set of 2.0 or 2.1 desktop speakers between Rs 5 - 10k? Preferably on Amazon so I can buy in the upcoming sale.
Would you go with any Sound bars?
I also use a Sound bar thats why but a cheaper one though.
Blaupunkt Germany's SBW08 220W Dolby Soundbar with 8 Inch(20cm) Subwoofer, 2.1 Channel Surround Sound System with HDMI-ARC, Optical, AUX, Bluetooth and Remote Control, Black @ Rs. 10.99k

Blaupunkt is best right in Acoustics Industry. Then you can search in Edifier, F&D but Yamaha is best but very costly.

For 2.1, I vouch for the Swans M10. They can be had for about 5.5k now. The price was 9k when I got them back in 2018.

Blaupunkt Germany's SBW08 220W Dolby Soundbar with 8 Inch(20cm) Subwoofer, 2.1 Channel Surround Sound System with HDMI-ARC, Optical, AUX, Bluetooth and Remote Control, Black @ Rs. 10.99k

Blaupunkt is best right in Acoustics Industry. Then you can search in Edifier, F&D but Yamaha is best but very costly.
What do you think would yield a better result (if subwoofer is not required) -

A. regular 2.0 speaker configuration (eg, Eris 3.5)
B. 10k soundbar without subwoofer.

Do you have an amplifier to power the speakers ? Does passive speakers qualify for your requirement ?

If yes then consider the JBL Control One pro

For 2.1, I vouch for the Swans M10. They can be had for about 5.5k now. The price was 9k when I got them back in 2018.
Do you think the subwoofer can be kept under the table? Does it affect bass in any meaningful way?

Do you have an amplifier to power the speakers ? Does passive speakers qualify for your requirement ?

These are indeed a great pair of passive speakers. How much would an adequate amplifier to drive these cost? Do you have any recommendation?

Do you think the subwoofer can be kept under the table? Does it affect bass in any meaningful way?

These are indeed a great pair of passive speakers. How much would an adequate amplifier to drive these cost? Do you have any recommendation?
It does. I have it on my table. Some people suggest keeping it at ear level. So not ideal for floor placement. These are great for near field listening. If you want something powerful, these are not for you.

It does. I have it on my table. Some people suggest keeping it at ear level. So not ideal for floor placement. These are great for near field listening. If you want something powerful, these are not for you.
Oh, that's sad. I want something very similar to the original poster but I have very limited space on the desk. I won't be able to accommodate the subwoofer of Swans M10 on the desk. I don't want something with much bass or something powerful. I was considering Eris 3.5 but they are out of budget for me. Swans M10 seemed to check all the boxes except for the bigger size. My requirement is for near field listening only.

I power these using this amplifier which is adequate for my requirements. However during the testing of my TPA3255 amp, I had initially connected these speakers and was blown away by the sound. It is not a laid back speaker, it is very forward sounding and the highs have some sparkle. I think TPA3118 / 3116 would be able to drive these speakers in a small room, but you will require something better for a large room / hall

It does. I have it on my table. Some people suggest keeping it at ear level. So not ideal for floor placement.

Oh, that's sad. I want something very similar to the original poster but I have very limited space on the desk. I won't be able to accommodate the subwoofer of Swans M10 on the desk.
I don't think anyone recommends keeping subwoofer at ear level. Subwoofer is always placed on the floor since the powerful vibrations cause desk/stand to vibrate, diluting the overall bass effect. Do not place subwoofer on the desk.

Swans M10 is a great option, just go for it. I have been hearing about this model for years.

Edifier prices seem to have gone up. And availability is also a question mark.

For others looking for speakers in this budget range, JBL104 is also worth considering.

I don't think anyone recommends keeping subwoofer at ear level. Subwoofer is always placed on the floor since the powerful vibrations cause desk/stand to vibrate, diluting the overall bass effect. Do not place subwoofer on the desk.

Swans M10 is a great option, just go for it. I have been hearing about this model for years.

For others looking for speakers in this budget range, JBL104 is also worth considering.
JBL104s are great and I have a pair in use at home but they don't sound full, dunno how to explain, they sound tiny and can get little harsh at times, although they have really crystal clear vocals but greatly lack in the lows. Overall they are very good for the deal price of 5000.

I'm looking for something which is an upgrade over JBL104 without breaking the bank. I have been hearing about Swans M10 for a few years now and the current price seem very alluring, although surprisingly with this model, everyone says to keep the subwoofer on desk. I am not looking for boom-boom-type bass. I want subtle bass to be present so that the speakers don't sound tiny.

Edifier seems to have lost it in India :/

Keeping the subwoofer on the floor may be recommended for most models but it isn't the case with the M10. People keep referring to it as more of a mid woofer. Keeping it on the floor reduces the bass to almost non-perceivable levels.
JBL104s are great and I have a pair in use at home but they don't sound full, dunno how to explain, they sound tiny and can get little harsh at times, although they have really crystal clear vocals but greatly lack in the lows. Overall they are very good for the deal price of 5000.

I'm looking for something which is an upgrade over JBL104 without breaking the bank. I have been hearing about Swans M10 for a few years now and the current price seem very alluring, although surprisingly with this model, everyone says to keep the subwoofer on desk. I am not looking for boom-boom-type bass. I want subtle bass to be present so that the speakers don't sound tiny.

Edifier seems to have lost it in India :/
You can go through the comment left by zowki to have a better idea. I would suggest auditioning if possible. These are fairly common speakers.

Last edited:
Thanks a ton for all your suggestions! I have very limited idea about speakers and your suggestions are extremely helpful.

I don't mind a soundbar, but not sure how to accommodate one on my desk - they seem to take a lot of space. Unless I can mount it to the monitor.

Nope. I have a Fiio E10k for my headphones, but I think that can't drive speakers, only act as a DAC for them.

Edifier R1080BT Multimedia Speaker (White) https://amzn.eu/d/8ATAfKP

The edifier and the swans look like the best options give my budget. Want to stay closer to 5k than 10k if I can :).

One question on the 2.1 speakers. I currently use a 10 year old Creative speaker set in 3.1 configuration - left right center and subwoofer. They are connected to my PC with two wires - one for L/R and one for center/subwoofer. The Swans 2.1 however doesn't seem to need the center/subwoofer connection. So whats the difference between a 2.1 speaker set with a dedicated subwoofer connection and a 2.1 without a dedicated subwoofer connection?

Thanks a ton for all your suggestions! I have very limited idea about speakers and your suggestions are extremely helpful.

I don't mind a soundbar, but not sure how to accommodate one on my desk - they seem to take a lot of space. Unless I can mount it to the monitor.

Nope. I have a Fiio E10k for my headphones, but I think that can't drive speakers, only act as a DAC for them.

The edifier and the swans look like the best options give my budget. Want to stay closer to 5k than 10k if I can :).

One question on the 2.1 speakers. I currently use a 10 year old Creative speaker set in 3.1 configuration - left right center and subwoofer. They are connected to my PC with two wires - one for L/R and one for center/subwoofer. The Swans 2.1 however doesn't seem to need the center/subwoofer connection. So whats the difference between a 2.1 speaker set with a dedicated subwoofer connection and a 2.1 without a dedicated subwoofer connection?
I believe the second wire is for the center speaker. My assumption is that the connectivity is similar to a 5.1 system, the only difference being the absence of a rear pair. I cannot comment on differences as I have only used 2.0, 2.1 and 4.1 systems my entire life.

Following. I've also been looking to upgrade from my 2.1creative speakers and was looking at swans as a possible choice.

What I understood is that your PC has a 5.1 soundcard onboard with Front L/R, Surround L/R and C/Sub 3.5mm ports. Your current speaker has 3.1 input where all the 4 (FR/L, C/Sub) processing is being done on your computer's soundcard.

Swans M10 has only FR/L input via a single 3.5mm cable from your PC. It now passes the complete signal through a low pass filter and feeds the lower frequencies to the subwoofer while sending FR/L to individual speakers.

I would also suggest you to get Swans M10.

Back