CPU/Mobo PC starts but nothing is displayed

Slayer_25

Recruit
Hi everyone, just a few hours ago i reinstalled windows 10 on my pc
Then
Upgraded my GPU drivers,
Installed Valorant and it asked me to restart my PC.
After Restarting, i noticed that i am not getting any display, lights on my keyboard don't lightup either.
Fans spin
The light on my motherboard lights up though.

What i tried:-
1) Reseat the Ram
2) Tried starting with no RAM, the motherboard doesn't even beep or anything it's like stuck or something I don't know should have gave me an error atleast.
3) Reseated my GPU
4) Tried starting with single RAM
5) Reset CMOS

Here are my specs
Proccy:- AMD FX-6300
GPU:- Nvidia GT 710
Motherboard:- Asus M5A97 R2.0
Cooler:- Antec Kühler 120mm

I hear a single beep which i normally do when i know PC is going to start but even then nothing is displayed.

Try reseating the cpu atx pin and other power cables if that does not work.
If not try without the gpu, and if still not, you may borrow your friend's psu for testing if still doesn't work it might be the motherboard have it repaired or swap it out completely.

Last edited:
Possible culprits are the GPU, motherboard or psu.
any chance you have access to another pc to test the gpu or psu?
No i do not, guess i will have to take my PC to a technician.
But how would PSU or mobo give problem in such cases where the pc is starting and the fans are spinning. I can understand GPU being faulty here though.

It's a common issue with Valorant and its kernel-level anticheat, Vanguard. Just Google and you'd be surprised how many people are facing the same exact issue as yours.

As for troubleshooting, I'd suggest disconnecting the drive that was used for installing Valorant and see if the system posts. I'm guessing it's 100% Vanguard.

On a side note though, if I were you I would just format and reinstall Windows. In the future, avoid installing/playing games that require administrator-level anticheat. You don't want a software running all the time in the background, especially when its from the Chinese government-backed, Tencent-owned, Riot Games.

Also, Valorant is known to slow down boot times.

It's a common issue with Valorant and its kernel-level anticheat, Vanguard. Just Google and you'd be surprised how many people are facing the same exact issue as yours.

As for troubleshooting, I'd suggest disconnecting the drive that was used for installing Valorant and see if the system posts. I'm guessing it's 100% Vanguard.

On a side note though, if I were you I would just format and reinstall Windows. In the future, avoid installing/playing games that require administrator-level anticheat. You don't want a software running all the time in the background, especially when its from the Chinese government-backed, Tencent-owned, Riot Games.

Also, Valorant is known to slow down boot times.
Yeah did that, system still doesn't post.
But thanks for this new info related to Vanguard, never knew it was so risky.

So i decided to change my CMOS and the system turned on, but the problem is that either it will turn on or it won't also i cannot turn it off by pressing the power button if nothing is displayed, sometimes the power button doesn't work too and sometimes i press the power button but it starts after sometime like after 30 seconds or so. Now only 1 or 2 usb ports work the other being the USB BIOS Flashback Port.

I also want to know that when giving my PC to repair should i remove my other drives except for the boot drive? or give it as it is?

Since you have done most already try these:

Your motherboard has a reset jumper so try these steps and see if it works , also since your processor does not have integrated graphics you will need a GFX to boot. can you find/borrow cheap display card to check it out?? . it may be issue with your power button also, try removing power pin and boot the system by shorting Pins as shown in below image (Try this only if you know what you are doing).
screwdriver-shorting-PWR-SW-pins.jpg

Since you have done most already try these:

Your motherboard has a reset jumper so try these steps and see if it works , also since your processor does not have integrated graphics you will need a GFX to boot. can you find/borrow cheap display card to check it out?? . it may be issue with your power button also, try removing power pin and boot the system by shorting Pins as shown in below image (Try this only if you know what you are doing).
screwdriver-shorting-PWR-SW-pins.jpg
I already have a working GPU, tried this and i get the same result as before.

Back