PC Peripherals PC switches off within 1 second

nitant said:
3) If it is still the same, disconnect PSU completely and short pin 14/15(keep it shorted), the PSU should switch on
4) If PSU still shuts off then it is PSU else Mobo. At this point you can try connecting a fan also to ensure PSU is giving output voltage.

NOTE PSU Pinout, to help you identify pins --> ATX power supply connector pinout and wiring @ pinouts.ru

Can you clarify a little more on the steps ?

If the PSU is disconnected, how will it switch on ? :huh:

Hey simple question.

If your mobo has power-on LEd than does it lit when hit the power switch or when you power on the wall socket.

Simple terms, when you try to switch on your PC, do you see any light on the mobo?

well i tried the jumper thing tried removing the batteries nothings working...

gues something wrng with either the mobo or psu.. thanks a lot for ur help everyone...

shahbaaz_vision said:
Hey simple question.

If your mobo has power-on LEd than does it lit when hit the power switch or when you power on the wall socket.

Simple terms, when you try to switch on your PC, do you see any light on the mobo?

yes the light is on until you switch off the PSU switch or unplug the power chord, so even if shut down your PC the light will be on

soumalidon said:
yes the light is on until you switch off the PSU switch or unplug the power chord, so even if shut down your PC the light will be on

wel my mobo light goes off when i shut my pc off, i dont need to switch-off/unplug the power

UPDATE... HALLEEUJAAHH its a miracle...

hehe after getting tired of waiting for the technitian i tried to start the pc again .. and wallah it just booted....im currently on it.. i dunt belive it at first it told me that the cpu has been changed but after a reboot it was fine.. now my pc seems to be running fine..

so what does this mean?? wht was the problem??? should i still get my mobo and psu tested??? before something like this shows up again?? if yes then how???

same issue was faced twice on my Intel as well as amd rig.

dismantled everything till the root--removed processor from its socket and then shorted the cmos with and without the battery.

n guess what it worked.

But same technique didn't worked on intels rig with asus mobo and its was learnt, the mobo had some minor issue so it was like it use to turn on luckily and if i ever shut it down then there was no guarantee for the next time.

slowly it died away--RIP

Also these issues are commonly faced if your mobo is two + years old.

UPDATE :

Well my computer guy finally showed up today.. we checked everything.. we dismantled everything and first checked the cpu with the pin method and also with an multimeter.. and no problems found.. then we individually added each component (ie gfx card dvd drive hdd fans) and everything worked as smooth as butter...

The only thing is that my pc seems to work for a week or so and again the same problem comes.. So wtf is causing it to shut down like that ?? also if i give my board to rma wht should i say as it will work perfectly in the service centre..???

He was talking about sometimes some loose connection happens inside the psu wich causes it .. but it is very difficult to prove cause it was wrking fine when we tried to do the tests individually on it.. im in a real fix .. its like i dunno the next time if i turn my pc on will it turn on ??? helpp

It happens with me sometimes. My pc shutdown automatically at any time. When i try to restart, it refuses. I have to switch on/off the power button several times to restart the PC. Its just annoying. And I too don't know who the culprit is. Most probably it is either CPU or PSU. Still not sure.

could be for 3 reasons

1. Heating Problem

2. SMPS power supply problem

3. Some component screwed

--------------------------------------------

but since your computer worked fine like u said..

try this

change your reset button with power button,

just interchange the pins

I think whats happening down there is (when you keep your power button pressed) it shutsdown, maybe its broken from inside or something.

if this doesnt work

start from the 3 problems I mentioned.

well i like ur power switch idea will try it out..

as for the other 3 problems.. i have individually checked all my components nothins wrong with them... i even tested the psu seperately with the pin method as well as with a multimeter ..the bloody thing is working perfectly...

Guess ill just rma both my motherboard and psu.... and see what happens.. wish me luck :p

Back