Budget 41-50k PC upgrade

Vinny_Nbr

Disciple
Hello All,
  1. What is your budget?
    • 50K max
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - I5 6500
    • Motherboard - GB DS3H
    • GPU - 1660 S
    • RAM - 2X8GB DDR4
    • Monitor - BENQ 24 (old one)
    • PSU - ADATA XPG Bronze 750w
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • PSU - ADATA XPG Bronze 750 W
    • Monitor - BENQ 24 (old one)
    • GPU - 1660 S
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following in 2025
    • Monitor
    • RAM - 1X16GB DDR5
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • PC Studio
  7. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Watching HD movies
  8. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • None
  9. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • D4, POE2, FPS
  10. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920 *1080
  11. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  12. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 11
It adds upto around 47k (PC Studio). Will reuse the 1660S, PSU and older monitor for time being.

Do yall think this is a good combination? Budget is kinda tight so trying to keep them around this range.

Or should I go for a 5700X3D instead of the 7600? I have 2*8 GB DDR4 3600 ram which I can reuse.
5700x3D + DDR4 ram reused = same prices as 7600 + new ddr5 ram

Cheers
V

Last edited:
Hi, 7600 is a good processor. But the question is, will 1660S serve your gaming purpose till 2025? As 7600 can handle good gpu. You can trade your 1660s and get a used 6750xt from TE or somewhere else for a time being and upgrade few years later.
Where do you live? What's your room temp usually? Air cooler is enough?

For the games I play (Poe, D4, Last epoch etc) the 1660s suffices for now. Next March I will upgrade my 1660S. For now I can manage with that.
I live In Bangalore so air cooler should be okay I guess for now. I wanted an AK620, but its like 3k more and not required for a 7600 right?
My doubts were pertaining to - I need a new system, so should i go for DDR4 or DDR5. I will not upgrade for next 5 years other than GFX card/PSU. Is the mobo vfm. Is the chosen ram enough. Is the case decent?
Picking individual parts is easy. How well they work together is a big question :)

Go with the AM5 definitely, no doubt. Since you're gonna stick to the platform for at least 5 years, it simply does not make sense to get AM4.

Now The build does look pretty solid but I'm sure somebody else can suggest slightly better advice on that. My advise to you would be to sell the old not using parts + GPU and you will be able to get a much better GPU + possibly get more in the build too given you are not repurposing or giving someone the old build or that your budget already has that factored in.

I have an amd stock cooler I got with my r5 3600 that's just lying around useless. Unless I am mistaken, am4 coolers fit am5 as well.
Cover the shipping cost and ypu can have it for free. Save the money and you can get an ak620 later.

Back