Budget 41-50k PC vs Console

LaatSahab

Skilled
Yup, that's the dilemma I'm facing.
Aim- To play last gen and upcoming AAA titles at 1080P@60FPS max or 30FPS minimum. This is because whatever device it would be, PC or Console, it would be hooked to a 40inch display which maxes out at 1080P 60Hz.
Secondly, I might be shifting abroad after June. Thus either will be taking the console with me or leave/sell the PC behind. So what config to get or which console, that's the 2nd part of the problem, first and major one is what to go for?

Console would have longevity and portability but high running cost as compared to PC. PC would have comparatively lower running cost:)jimlad:), an upgrade path. Moreover with Series X, back-compat is good, so much better game library. More so if one takes into account that with emulators Series X can even play PS2 and PS3 games. But with Series X, issue is of availability. If news/rumors are to be believed and one has to wait till April for Series X to be back in stock then that takes it out of the running. Don't know if Series S would be a good alternative.

Get a console if you are moving and since you have 40 inch TV.
PS5 or XBOX Series X is a personal choice and has been discussed to death on both sides with pros and cons.
If you can get your hands on PS5 nothing like it.

If somehow you cant get a console soon in a month's time, then buy a pc , sell it and buy another one when you move if thats possible.

M more inclined towards PS5 because I think DualSense is something that's going to provide a remarkable next-gen experience when implemented properly but high price of games is something worth considering.
Series X would've been my first choice but its lack of availability is a major bummer.

I've already voiced my opinion about this on the other thread.

In short: consoles are an excellent option now. cheaper than a pc. If you can upgrade every 2-3 years (must if you're going for a low-mid gpu) and can shell out nearly twice as a ps5 digital initially, then pc is the way. But then you miss great exclusives from playstation.

PS5> xbox. games make a console. not raw performance. and exclusives it's no comparison ps is miles ahead with their library. They are going to win game of the year third time consecutively now.

If you don't care about the exclusives at all, then xbox might be a better choice with their Game Pass.

I'm biased towards Sony and always wanted to play the Uncharted series but the way they've been going about back-compat makes me have a 2nd thought. After PS2, I haven't gamed on console so I have almost 3 generations to cover up and that doesn't seems to be possible with Sony as things stand right now. Add to it the cost of games, Sony doesn't looks a VFM proposition then.

Console if your usage is only gaming.
Xbox Series S if you want value for money at 1080 p upto 1440 p gaming.
Xbox series X or PS 5 if you wanna spend more for 4k gaming.

PC if you need a computer for productivity, work and occasional gaming at 1080p as you listed. (And cheaper games on Steam)

get used console which ever you like and resell it when you go abroad sasta sundar aur tikaau get ps4 or ps4 pro games on it would hook you up uptill june ghost of tsushima is a must and last hurrah for ps4

If i would have to give suggestion then ill go for the SFF build on velka case. This is perfect as you can take it with you anywhere and the parts can be changed/upgraded which is a limitation on consoles.

However sourcing the parts will be an issue, so go and get yourself a used console.

Cloud gaming setup? Can you please tell me more about it?
Microsoft xCloud, Google Stadia, Nvidia GeForce Now, Sony PS Now or if you want a cloud PC with access to all clients, then Shadow. These make sense based on the location of the servers.

In my case, I had to travel every now and then, so settled on a gaming laptop after selling off my desktop. Will never look to consoles as I have a 600+ game library on PC with a huge backlog, all of which was purchased for the price of less than half a dozen console games.

Microsoft xCloud, Google Stadia, Nvidia GeForce Now, Sony PS Now or if you want a cloud PC with access to all clients, then Shadow. These make sense based on the location of the servers.

In my case, I had to travel every now and then, so settled on a gaming laptop after selling off my desktop. Will never look to consoles as I have a 600+ game library on PC with a huge backlog, all of which was purchased for the price of less than half a dozen console games.
So you play games on your laptop after installing them or through mentioned Cloud Gaming services ? If latter then does one need a powerful rig for that too?

So you play games on your laptop after installing them or through mentioned Cloud Gaming services ? If latter then does one need a powerful rig for that too?
No, in my case the laptop is for local gaming since these services don't have servers in India and I anyway have a huge library on PC.

Assuming you move to a place which hosts servers for these services and are on a decent net connection without data caps, then these work like a high-end PC streamed over the web and work with any device capable of streaming videos with x265 and similar high compression codecs.

In that sense, you can also use PS Now on PC for most of the PS games spanning to the last generation. With PS5, I think the PS4 library will also grow on PS Now.

Ohk, so this Cloud Gaming seems like a solution to a problem that doesn't exists for me right now. What I am looking for a solution/decision-making help regarding Gaming for atleast upcoming 6 months.

Ohk, so this Cloud Gaming seems like a solution to a problem that doesn't exists for me right now. What I am looking for a solution/decision-making help regarding Gaming for atleast upcoming 6 months.

It might make sense to get used ps4 pro with few games rather than a new ps5 due to your time limit of 6 months.
You can also get older ps games for better bargain.

Back