Graphic Cards PC won't boot with the GPU plugged in

Gpu is not letting the pc start. tried with alternate PSU same result. Psu makes a clicking sound and refuse to start. Remove the GPU and everything is fine, using old gpu back up card to test the system working fine with it.

Didn't get any burnt smell no spark nothing. just played games 2 for two hours before this happened.
Which gpu ?

Yea as mentioned I too have this assumption but what baffles me is why and how does the ram rgb auto turn on if the PSU isn't turning on? Perhaps it's the 5v or/and 3.3v lines are active and just the 12v rail is being suspended?

Update: 15:56 8th June

PC boots fine with a GT 710
PC does not boot with the 1080Ti even with another known good PSU. There are 0 signs of power. Still no fans, debug LEDs or anything. Just the RGB on the RAM that auto turns itself on without any input on from me.

Using a spare 6pin PCIE power cable with open wires, I checked the +12v and ground lead on the card with a multimeter, set to continuity mode, and it shows 100% continuity (it beeped), indicating there is a short. Seems obvious that the yellow and black should not show 100% continuity, right? Adding @rsaeon who is also an expert here on PSUs and can help confirm the previous statement.

View attachment 136108

Special thanks to TechMonk
Bro i have a same issue did you found any solution for that. I was downloading game and suddenly system stop powering up and removing the gpu the system work and can use my system on igpu. Please help have any answer?

Bro i have a same issue did you found any solution for that. I was downloading game and suddenly system stop powering up and removing the gpu the system work and can use my system on igpu. Please help have any answer?
No solution found in my case. But there are a few reasons why the short happens, some are fixable some are not. I sold the dead GPU on OLX.

Back