CPU/Mobo Phenom II X6 prices leak

Anubis

Skilled
Phenom II X6 prices leak

amd.gif

1090T costs the same as Core i7 930

We simply love e-tailer slips, as they tell much more than dry press releases from the companies. This time around, our friends from TechReport have dug up a listing by a Bahrain-based e-tailer Advanti on their Facebook page.

The listing says that Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition will arrive priced at $295. This AM3 CPU has a 125W TDP, 9MB of cache and runs at 3.2 GHz.

The second one lists the 1055T, which should arrive priced at $199. This also AM3 CPU comes with a 125W TDP, 9MB of cache and runs at 2.8 GHz.

If the prices are indeed correct, this means that the top of the line Phenom II X6 will set you back as much as Intel’s Core i7 930, which is a 45nm Bloomfield quad core with a 130W TDP, 8MB shared L3 cache and running at 2.80GHz.

A simple online price check reveals that Intel's 32nm six core i7 980X, which boasts a 130W TDP, 12MB shared L3 cache and running at 3.33GHz costs $1,139.99 at Newegg.

More here.

E-tailer leaks Phenom II X6 prices - The Tech Report

Fudzilla

The second one lists the 1055T, which should arrive priced at $199. This also AM3 CPU comes with a 125W TDP, 9MB of cache and runs at 2.8 GHz.
this proccy seems to be the better of two...havin almost a 100$ margin and not much of speed difference:)

this would definetly decrease the demand for i7 ..

latino_ansari said:
prices are decent... but lets hope it performs well...

You serious ? Decent ? Its freeking awesome ! $200 for a 6 core, even if its 2.8Ghz it will eat the 930 for breakfast in heavy multi threaded apps. the TDP of just 95W(two variants IIRC) is also a bonus. Would love to change to AMD only if had the $$...

M@crosoft said:
this proccy seems to be the better of two...havin almost a 100$ margin and not much of speed difference:)

this would definetly decrease the demand for i7 ..

rajan1311 said:
You serious ? Decent ? Its freeking awesome ! $200 for a 6 core, even if its 2.6Ghz it will eat the 930 for breakfast in heavy multi threaded apps. the TDP of just 95W is also a bonus. Would love to change to AMD only if had the $$...

What did I tell you guys ?

I had 99% feeling AMD will price Phenom II x6 @ 10k-15k . But people mocked me .

Anyone will now choose Phenom II x6 over Core i5 and Core i7 be it gaming or multitasking rendering .

I'm seriously hoping x6 equals a i7 930

It's been 3.5 long years since amd has taken the performance crown

Let benchies come out :)

Udit said:
I'm seriously hoping x6 equals a i7 930

It's been 3.5 long years since amd has taken the performance crown

But still core i-7 980X would be the performance leader IMO. If AMD matches the i-7 930 then the prices of i-5 750 and i-7 930 would dip and Intel may release a 2.66GHz hexa-core for a much saner price like $300-400. Fierce competition helps us consumers ultimately :eek:hyeah:

Is there a chance we might see:-

Phenom II X4 955 95W @ ~ 7k ???

or

Phenom II X4 940T(two-cores-locked X6) @ ~ 7k ???

If yes, then I'll say bye-bye to my faithful Athlon II, and grab the Phenom II..Hopefully, it will be able to squeeze the remaining juice out of my HD5850.

DarkAngel said:
Let benchies come out :)

But still core i-7 980X would be the performance leader IMO. If AMD matches the i-7 930 then the prices of i-5 750 and i-7 930 would dip and Intel may release a 2.66GHz hexa-core for a much saner price like $300-400. Fierce competition helps us consumers ultimately :eek:hyeah:

Ok lets assume the worst , Phenom II x6 1090T couldn't beat Core i7 930 just equalises it , then AMD will aggressively cut prices upto .5k-1k to make AMD CPU's more tempting

Brother its not that easy , where will Intel find a platform to release it on ?

LGA 1156 is dead socket , LGA 1366 is futureproof no doubt , but I doubt Intel will introduce 6 core CPU in 15k ?

If Intel releases 6 core in 15k on LGA 1366 , Core i7 920 and all other Core i7 quads on LGA 1366 is finished . I don't think Intel will wash so many CPU's for 1 CPU

Intel can't release on LGA 1156 , because its a dead socket

The only way out is LGA 1155 socket but its gonna come 1 year late in 2011 like LGA 1156 came 1 year late than LGA 1366 .

Intel is trapped like a rat in a corner waiting for AMD to release its final blow in 15k range

If Intel does the unthinkable to release a 6 core in LGA 1156 in 15k , then all existing CPU's will get price cuts . Core i7 860 & 930 I can see at 10k

Core i5 750 at 7k .

But Intel is overlooking one dreadly trap that AMD always uses to score VFM market

AMD has another trick up its sleeve . AMD will pull the rabbit out of the hat by unlocking Phenom II x4 960T to Phenom II x6 1090T . And this will finally nail Intel's surviving hope of price cuts

Ultimately AMD will score both form top 15k and from below 7k-10k

Phenom II x6 has dug Intel's graveyard

INTEL ki toh wat lag gayi Mamu

Anubis said:
Ok lets assume the worst , Phenom II x6 1090T couldn't beat Core i7 930 just equalises it , then AMD will aggressively cut prices upto .5k-1k to make AMD CPU's more tempting

Brother its not that easy , where will Intel find a platform to release it on ?

LGA 1156 is dead socket , LGA 1366 is futureproof no doubt , but I doubt Intel will introduce 6 core CPU in 15k ?

If Intel releases 6 core in 15k on LGA 1366 , Core i7 920 and all other Core i7 quads on LGA 1366 is finished . I don't think Intel will wash so many CPU's for 1 CPU

Intel can't release on LGA 1156 , because its a dead socket

The only way out is LGA 1155 socket but its gonna come 1 year late in 2011 like LGA 1156 came 1 year late than LGA 1366 .

Intel is trapped like a rat in a corner waiting for AMD to release its final blow in 15k range

If Intel does the unthinkable to release a 6 core in LGA 1156 in 15k , then all existing CPU's will get price cuts . Core i7 860 & 930 I can see at 10k

Core i5 750 at 7k .

But Intel is overlooking one dreadly trap that AMD always uses to score VFM market

AMD has another trick up its sleeve . AMD will pull the rabbit out of the hat by unlocking Phenom II x4 960T to Phenom II x6 1090T . And this will finally nail Intel's surviving hope of price cuts

Ultimately AMD will score both form top 15k and from below 7k-10k

Phenom II x6 has dug Intel's graveyard

INTEL ki toh wat lag gayi Mamu

Easy bro. easy. :) Let final, prices benchies come out and then intel's response too. Good competition would eventually result in better tech at lower prices :D

Fingers crossed for cheaper proccies (mobos too) :eek:hyeah: But i would reserve my comments till detailed reviews/ analysis.

well what to say, its about time something came out to compete with i7/5/3. pretty decent specs i'd say, 2.8 /ghz with 6 cores and that big a chace is pure win for me, is it time to pick amd > intel finally? SURELY waiting for the benches (and yeah all i want is gaming performance)

awww look at all the amdfanboi's getting all weak in the knee's , surprisingly they dont think that more than 2 cores is overkill or anything let alone 6 cores !!!

well all that aside lets hope it can keep up with the 920 in games and stuff , there might finally be an alternative to buying an intel at the higher end of the spectrum.

This also means that when the 6 core locked multi from intel they might have to price it competitively.

YAY !!!

rajan1311 said:
You serious ? Decent ? Its freeking awesome ! $200 for a 6 core, even if its 2.8Ghz it will eat the 930 for breakfast in heavy multi threaded apps. the TDP of just 95W(two variants IIRC) is also a bonus. Would love to change to AMD only if had the $$...

Any idea how many softwares or games use all the 4 cores leave alone 6 cores even after several years of release ?

E8400 still sells on Newegg at the price of a Q8400 because other then specific games & new applications, majority cannot make use of all the 4 cores

I have absolutely no data to arrive at this conclusion other then the pricing at newegg.

Can somebody throw a light ?

Back