Philips DVP5100K/69 or DVP5106K/97 Divx DVD Player Info.

Chaos said:
Well videocon products are as good as anything else out there.

In my books

VIDEOCON = :hap5: :no: :death: :crash: :bomb: :2guns: :jason: :judge: :gun2: :Comp9:
WHY ? ... because a few years back I bought their first PIP TV and when it arrived I saw that the darned case of the TV was a rexin covered wood - think about this a TV made of wood with rexin glued onto it !!!!!!! Aaaaargh !!!! And the wood was exactly the same as the one used in transporting fruits - the cheap cheap wood. When the person connected it up it had massive GHOST images. Needless to say the TV went right back. NEVER will I ever buy anything with a Video-CON name on it. The CON part of their name is absolutely befitting. :mad:

Hey guys..I'm also planning to buy this Philips DVD Player..This'd be my first, so have zero experience with it..

Just 1 question, can this DVD player play a data DVD that has multiple file formats (of movies)..AVI , AVI (DivX) and Mpg?

Pls guys, I'd love to get some help here..

Thanx in advance!!:cool2:

Sorry if I sound like a noob, but in this case, I guess I am!!:S

Cheers!!

AMD4Life said:
Hey guys..I'm also planning to buy this Philips DVD Player..This'd be my first, so have zero experience with it..

Just 1 question, can this DVD player play a data DVD that has multiple file formats (of movies)..AVI , AVI (DivX) and Mpg?

Pls guys, I'd love to get some help here..

Thanx in advance!!:cool2:

Sorry if I sound like a noob, but in this case, I guess I am!!:S

Cheers!!
Yes no worried there, just dump all the files you want...........

Hey Thanx Blade..

You were absolutely right there..Went over to the shop with a multi-format movie DVD, VCD and an MP3-CD..It played everything beautifully..Thanx for helping me make the decision..:hap2:

By the way, anyone else looking to buy the 5106K/97, the stock in Delhi is very limited, I got mine only after checking up with 6-7 authorised resellers..Some even mentioned that the stock might not be available for the next 3 months..:mad:

Got mine for Rs. 4.7K after a bit of haggling..:cool2:

Cheers!! :thanks!:

AMD4Life said:
Hey Thanx Blade..

You were absolutely right there..Went over to the shop with a multi-format movie DVD, VCD and an MP3-CD..It played everything beautifully..Thanx for helping me make the decision..:hap2:

By the way, anyone else looking to buy the 5106K/97, the stock in Delhi is very limited, I got mine only after checking up with 6-7 authorised resellers..Some even mentioned that the stock might not be available for the next 3 months..:mad:

Got mine for Rs. 4.7K after a bit of haggling..:cool2:

Cheers!! :thanks!:
Glad to be of help mate.

Sir I would like to ask you if this player can play .MP4 movies made with Nero Recode ( Bundled with Nero 7). I have tried .mp4 files in many DVD players till now but they could not play the same. Sir please enlighten me regarding this issue.
Thank you. (manas27in@gmail.com)

manasdas said:
Sir I would like to ask you if this player can play .MP4 movies made with Nero Recode ( Bundled with Nero 7). I have tried .mp4 files in many DVD players till now but they could not play the same. Sir please enlighten me regarding this issue.

well u can take the disk with some mp4 files and test them on this player i.e. phillips 5106k....

manasdas said:

If the file is encoded in h.264/avc it won't play on any player available in the indian market right now. No h.264 players available uptil now.

Its suppose to set to region 5 but the strangest thing is that it played my friend's DVD movie bought from USA without any warning or problems. When I tried to play it on my comp, powerdvd gave a warning about the region code.

I have never played any movies encoded in divx 6 but it played all divx5 and xvid movies that i got.

Back