Philips DVP5100K/69 or DVP5106K/97 Divx DVD Player Info.

Hello There,

In Techtree review for DVP5100k/69 they said that the problem with this model is Ghosting effect.

Now can any one tell me that the same effect is continue with DVP5106k/97 or it is no more with this model.

Another question, the Disk Inserting system is not like Tray, so is there any chance to enter Dust in Empty Space left for Disk Inserting?

As my House is on Busy Subway where whole day 1000's of Vehicles passing here and there?

Please advised so I can by DVP5106k/97 even my Dealer not Recommend same saying it is Nalla Product from Philips.

No ghosting with my philips 5106k, and dust would be a problem with tray loading as well. Just keep the player covered if you are worried about dust. And looks like your dealer is a noob who probably has no idea about the player and might be pushing some other product where his margins are better...........

No Ghosting on mine either... I have been using this since 7 months..

I agree with Blade, ur dealer is trying to push products where his margines are better.

Thank You Friends for your reply.

I am unlucky as Last piece of 5106k sold out. NOw I preferto Buy Onida 8250 List Price Rs.4490/-, Dealer ask me to pay Rs3500-3700 tomorrow, as he didn't have bill in hand.

Stick have u seen shops lik vijay sales and all.??????though they dont have brain.....but they have stocks........for warranty stuff ull have toctct company directly

Hi All,

I bought 5106K/97 in India and was using it for quite a while without any problems. Oddly enough, I brought this player with me to the USA and the image quality is jerky (or should I say the image runs from bottom to the top) and am not able to view the picture clearly. What could have been the reason? I checked with the player and it supports 110V/60Hz to 240 V/50Hz and also support PAL/NTSC switch over. Could this have been the problem? I am not able to switch to NTSC since the image of the menu itself is not clear to make this adjustment in the DVD Player. My TV here is a basic one and just has AV out (not even component though the player has and also no NTSC/PAL switchover). Can anybody help me??

Regards,

Sriram G

^^ So what i heard abt the 3046 Fame of Negativity is Indeed TRUE then!

better me opted for the 5106k that Philips offered! Thanks TE once more!!!

My friend's lookin' out for a DivX player.. He wants to go with Philips

Which one to go for?

The Philips 5106k series

OR

The Philips 3046 ?

I heard the 3046 is newer and cheaper, but doesn't support DTS..

which one to buy now?

i have the DVP-3046 and it works fine with divx and xvid videos. it also playes videos wth ac3 audio.

it supports srt, micro sub subtitles etc.

i got it for rs 3800 and its worth it.

varkey said:
i have the DVP-3046 and it works fine with divx and xvid videos. it also playes videos wth ac3 audio.

it supports srt, micro sub subtitles etc.

i got it for rs 3800 and its worth it.

Ahem, Someone at TE mentioned there was some region locking problem in this particular model.. Did you try running all types(regions) of Video-DVDs on the set (not DivX/Xvid DVDs)?

Hi ! I'm from Bulgaria far from India isn't it ? :) I have videocon DVD77S4, and I want to make it region free, 'couse I can't watch Bulgarian movies. I tried to find code but I had no succes. Can somebody help me and tell me code or/and chipset ?

Back