Philips SPA 5300 2.1 review !!

Hi ,, heres a review of my philips spa 5300 2.1 speakers .. :hap2:
29062010342.jpg

Tech specs --

Total Rms -- 50 W (Max 100 w)

Satellites -- 2'' (10 Watts each)

Subwoofer -- 5.5'' (30 Watts) (wooden enclosure)

Control pod with a Power on/off , Volume control .

29062010341.jpg

29062010340.jpg

29062010339.jpg

Pros --

*Awesome looks , open driver design , nice transparent speaker protection grill.
*Decent sound (good bass n clean highs)
*Loud enough for a mid-sized room.
*Volume control is really smooth and sturdy. (has a rubber bottom , kind of sticks to the surface)
Cons ---

*No headphone jack !!!!! OMG !!! NO HEADPHONE JACK !!!!:eek:hyeah:
*Lower mids arent that excellent (a little equalizer tweaking solves it )
*Subwoofer is loud but not as loud as the other high end systems.
*Open drivers can be a little pain. Forget abt the little screaming kids , Even i've this habit of poking my finger in the subwoofer and feeling that nice vibration.:bleh::eek:hyeah:
Price- 2700/- Nehru place (Jan 2010)
My experience !!

My first ones were Intex 2.1 2000 watt (32W RMS) ,, These are a huge improvement over them .. If u compare the loudness , then they are kind of equally loud ,, but the tightness in the bass , sound quality , treble in these are way better then the intex 1s... Even better then the creative inspires my bud is using !!! I never had an opportunity to hear Logitech z2300 so comparison wont be fair ..
Overall the sound quality is excellent,, nice smooth treble(not at all shrill) , nice TIGHT bass. Mids are decent too, but lower mids arent that loud. Its a personal choice , m more into rock n metal stuff so love those loud and clear drum sounds.

Bass is best at 60 % of the bass knob , they can go pretty loud. Distortion is not all present ,even at 80 % of volume.

If u love those shrill tweeter type treble, then these arent for you , they sound very soft and smooth . And these are awesome for acoustic and rock stuff ..

A month back i had this power surge and they went dead , but philips service centre employees were pretty quick with the repair (Just 2 days). No hassles as such...

Ohk soo if u want a decent good looking , and loud enough for a medium sized room , then these wont disappoint you at all... My cousin owns a Philips MMS 430 (the old ones) , they are just the same. Awesome sound quality ... And thr are no as such static noise issues !! Pretty reliable i must say !!! :clap: :D:D:D

29062010338.jpg

29062010337.jpg

You might not be the only one using them, but you are certainly among the very few on this forum. :p

Thanks for the quick review! :)

thnx guys....... ohk lemme try to upload the actual pics.......

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

kanishk619 said:
dude, nice review, m too looking to buy these, but please update with the image links, use imageshack
yep uploaded dude....... captured by my 5233 's crappy 2mp...... i hope thy r ok :eek:hyeah: and dude try edifier c3s too..... they are kinda tempting:p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Sei said:
You might not be the only one using them, but you are certainly among the very few on this forum. :p

Thanks for the quick review! :)
lol.... rite..... even at nehru place every1 was selling creative 5.1s and altec vs4121 ...... only 1 of em had these !!! didnt find logitech z2300s too !!! were outta stock !!!! :p

Back