Phobia discussion: I bet you got one :-0

when I am having an eye contact for long time (4-5mins) with a person (Mostly happens at Interview)... its a strange situation for me where I used to feel my self smaller in front of that person...

Really good to know that such weird feelings are plentiful & I'm not alone.
I developed a fear of speed after a high speed accident. If i'm on a bike, as soon as it crosses 100 KMph, any one of my feet will start shaking uncontrollably. Sometimes have difficulty in controlling the bike due to this but after a while it generally stabilizes to a less vigorous levels & then I can continue riding at high speeds.
In cars, at high speed my mind remains clouded by imagining things that might happen next like some bike popping out of nowhere or some animal coming in front & the resulting crash. Thankfully doesn't happens when I'm driving !!

Really good to know that such weird feelings are plentiful & I'm not alone.
I developed a fear of speed after a high speed accident. If i'm on a bike, as soon as it crosses 100 KMph, any one of my feet will start shaking uncontrollably. Sometimes have difficulty in controlling the bike due to this but after a while it generally stabilizes to a less vigorous levels & then I can continue riding at high speeds.
In cars, at high speed my mind remains clouded by imagining things that might happen next like some bike popping out of nowhere or some animal coming in front & the resulting crash. Thankfully doesn't happens when I'm driving !!

Same happens to me as well while riding scooty... it feels like I will fell now or will hit someone...
Also when playing cricket.. unable to measure the distance & timing of the ball.. when will it come to me

I'm claustrophobic, cannot get inside a crowded train, just cannot, crowded spaces/lifts freak me out, I need an escape route, closed spaces are no-no

I have a fear of insects, specially the stinging ones. I go bonkers if I see one in the room and cannot do anything else till it is captured released out.
If I feel one coming near me, I violently react, flailing my arms around my head. have this feeling that it will go down into my clothes.

I have a fear of insects, specially the stinging ones. I go bonkers if I see one in the room and cannot do anything else till it is captured released out.
If I feel one coming near me, I violently react, flailing my arms around my head. have this feeling that it will go down into my clothes.
This happens to me with creepy crawlers aka wormies.

Same happens to me as well while riding scooty... it feels like I will fell now or will hit someone...
Also when playing cricket.. unable to measure the distance & timing of the ball.. when will it come to me
I too am very afraid of leather ball cricket especially and avoid it like plague ! But again.... once I start then can keep up with it for the entire day ;)

even after being in relationships i've caligynephobia
also have fear for public speaking
both may be because i'm extra introvert[DOUBLEPOST=1405728612][/DOUBLEPOST]
when I'm driving I always feel like ramming my car into others :banghead: :hilarious:
i get that urge after playing GTA

People afraid of heights are warned.

*shudder*

This is one fear which has always been inherent in me since childhood. I would always avoid going on the rooftop of my 4-storeyed building, while my friends would merrily head off up there. Unless it's well guarded and properly leveled, I wouldn't dare look down or go anywhere near such an area.

I'd also like to mention fear of dark, but it has subsided with age. Pretty sure it's lying dormant in me somewhere.

I have this same problem. I have difficulty crossing a road alone as I cannot judge the velocity of incoming vehicles or when it will reach me. I could never play cricket, volleyball or badminton as I always missed the ball. I could not learn to ride a bike and don't think I'll be able to do that in my entire life.
As for fear, I don't have any except for what everybody fears like venomous snake or a tiger.

I too am scared of insects. i react violently and end up killing whatever insect it may be. On the other hand, I can catch a lizard by my hands. It probably started after a freaking cockroach flew into my eye and i had to be rushed to a hospital for the same.

I am also scared of darkness especially after watching a Horror Movie and start getting weird thoughts. But be pretty sure that if i find something as a threat, it would be attacked first. :blackeye:

Heights and High speeds actually excite me and get my adrenaline pumping. :p Also i know how to swim for a shorter distance, hence no fear of water. But want to eliminate the fear of swimming in deep water by learning to swim in them. Target for this year.

^ in my area the electric board does load shedding every friday or saturday from 8.30pm-1.30am. No street lights, no blaring TV sound. Total pitch black darkness. Cant even see few feet in front inside the bedroom. Bliss. :D

Back