Phobia discussion: I bet you got one :-0

I have recently developed a phobia of water taps being left open and sometimes, hearing the sound of water spilling when I wake up....
Here's the story:
We get water for a few hours (7am-12pm) everyday and many a times the maid forgets to close the tap at the time when the water supply stops.....
If there are utensils blocking the sink outlet....the water can overflow the sink and start spilling on the floor...
Recently, I was alone at home and the tap was open.... i woke up at 7.30 and heard the sound of water, alarmed I put my feet on the floor to get up and felt like I stepped into a puddle...the whole flat was under 2-inches of water....

From that day onwards, I always ensure all taps are closed before sleeping but sometimes I wake up in the morning and feel like I am hearing the same sound of spilling water, and I rush to the kitchen/bathrooms to check the taps.... :p

In which of the Mahesh Bhat's zone do you reside??:peeking::blackalien:
Lol. I've been an avid reader of this subreddit:
http://reddit.com/r/nosleep
After reading two three threads there and going to sleep during power cut is normal now for me.
I do get scared some days if the story I read was really scary and had ghosts. During power cuts, since eyes can't see well, the ears get extremely sensitive and I can hear lots of things. Clock ticking sound seems unusually loud at such times. Sometimes some stupid dogs start wailing at night and I get all fidgety in bed.

I have claustrophobia.Become restless when it is a small enclosed place etc. and top of it a friend made me watch the movie BURIED. I got as claustrophobic as the person on screen. And fear snakes and for that matter any slimy reptiles.

and one weird fear - While defecating, a hand or shark coming out of the pot hole. xD!!!

Not a phobia as such, but I don't feel myself if I don't have any connection to the Internet.
and one weird fear - While defecating, a hand or shark coming out of the pot hole. xD!!!
ypLpsY0.jpg

This exact shit happens in the movie "Hills Have Eyes - 2" watch it to get rid off/ or enjoy your phobia...:D

WTF Hell NO!! Seriously frightening :nailbiting:...after watching this, everybody is bound to get this phobia. :(

I follow a practice- every time I visit toilet and bathroom both home or outside, I watch for any wormies and only then I continue further. I can tackle spiders, cockroaches and lizards in any numbers but these wormy things get scare the hell out of me esp. centipedes are a BIG NO NO!!! :nailbiting::nailbiting:

WTF Hell NO!! Seriously frightening :nailbiting:...after watching this, everybody is bound to get this phobia. :(

I follow a practice- every time I visit toilet and bathroom both home or outside, I watch for any wormies and only then I continue further. I can tackle spiders, cockroaches and lizards in any numbers but these wormy things get scare the hell out of me esp. centipedes are a BIG NO NO!!! :nailbiting::nailbiting:
Follow a standard procedure to flush before you use the toilet. Helps our mind relax a bit. :p

I have this phobia of being around dumb people. Its scary how dumb people can be :D

I have a strange phobia. I go for high altitude trekking and have no problems going 14000+ feet up on mountains.
But on a tall building looking down, i get scared. Strange vertigo issue.
Ditto like yours. Can't stand dumb boring people and can climb mountains but can't look down from a high building. I feel that the air will throw me down. I am scared of people who have one way conversation. Not scared but they bore me to death.[DOUBLEPOST=1406018824][/DOUBLEPOST]Another phobia is while driving I feel someone will just collide with me for no reason and say sorry saar.[DOUBLEPOST=1406018918][/DOUBLEPOST]Here is another one: I am scared to go out without my GPS phone as I tend to get lost while driving. I somehow always manage to miss a road and end up taking the longer/simpler route.[DOUBLEPOST=1406019163][/DOUBLEPOST]Plus I am scared of old age.

Last edited:
Not a phobia as such, but I don't feel myself if I don't have any connection to the Internet.

ypLpsY0.jpg

Dudeee!! Not done man.Not done. The thought that it was impossible to happen made me defecate everyday.With these proofs i guess will now follow what majority in India do...use tracks and bushes. hahaha. :p

This exact shit happens in the movie "Hills Have Eyes - 2" watch it to get rid off/ or enjoy your phobia...:D

Heh. May be one day.

I have strange phobia of doing a job. When I'm on my job I keep worrying about stuff I cannot do like when will I get time to play, watch tv, enjoy recipies, read a book, listen to music etc. and once I get free and I'm home, I keep thinking of the work I have to do again the next day on job. I feel like why the hell I'm living int his world??
Now is this phobia of working or something else or what i dont know. But I only enjoy saturdays as next day is sunday but again since sunday evening I get into this loop of phobia. :banhappy: :blackeye:

^ you clearly need a vacation. If you have a family, plan a trip somewhere for a week or two.
No its not like that. I was jobless for more than a year and and had ample of spare time but I did nothing owing to the factor that I'll do it tomorrow and so on and days were wasted simply lazing off. I dont know how to break this habit of mine.

Dudeee!! Not done man.Not done. The thought that it was impossible to happen made me defecate everyday.With these proofs i guess will now follow what majority in India do...use tracks and bushes. hahaha. :p

Heh. May be one day.
More chance of reptiles living near bush and fields. [emoji12]

I have this same problem. I have difficulty crossing a road alone as I cannot judge the velocity of incoming vehicles or when it will reach me. I could never play cricket, volleyball or badminton as I always missed the ball. I could not learn to ride a bike and don't think I'll be able to do that in my entire life.
You reminded me of Darsheel Safari from Taare Zameen Par
Get some Aamir Khan for your help :p:D

I have strange phobia of doing a job. When I'm on my job I keep worrying about stuff I cannot do like when will I get time to play, watch tv, enjoy recipies, read a book, listen to music etc. and once I get free and I'm home, I keep thinking of the work I have to do again the next day on job. I feel like why the hell I'm living int his world??
Now is this phobia of working or something else or what i dont know. But I only enjoy saturdays as next day is sunday but again since sunday evening I get into this loop of phobia. :banhappy: :blackeye:
Ditto here!

Back