Budget 15-20K Phone for regular use

Emil

Skilled
1. Budget?
A: INR 15k-20k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: No specific preference. Would like good screen resolution and my hands are rather small. I currently use the Poco F1 which is fine in size.

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, etc).
A: Android 12

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G essential, 5G desireable

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Motorola or Samsung but not that rigid. My first smartphone was the Samsung Galaxy S2 way back when. It lasted me about 2 years. After that it has been Xiaomi all the way. I want to avoid Xiaomi because I dislike their bloatware.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Nothing intense. Calls, Whatsapp, several 2FA token apps, Youtube, Guitar Tuna, nothing very compute intensive. I don't use the camera much because my hands are a bit unsteady. Navigation is important so compass is a must.

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Single SIM

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, microSD card slot if I run out of internal storage. My current phone is the top variant of the Poco F1 known as the armoured edition.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: I am leaning towards G82 or G62. Since my present phone is a 8 GB/256 GB, I was looking for 8 GB. I do not know anything about that concept of extra RAM that I read about these days. I suspect it means we can use part of the storage as RAM much like using a page file in a computer.

I have been a snapdragon fan and did not like mediatek because they seemed to drain battery faster. I do not know if that equation has changed. I am open to being convinced. I also know nothing about Exynos.
I am a senior citizen but active and still working (mostly with young people)

I know the Mi 11x is an year old now but for the price range you mentioned is still a decent deal. Also since you are used to miui that is a bonus. If you grab a used one for around 14k nothing better than that.

If you are into custom roms I believe this device has the most number of official custom rom support after the Poco F1.

Back