Phone Near 20K : for New Engg Student

JPushkarH

Disciple
My cousin is selected in Bits Pilani, So we all relative are planned to gift him a mobile phone... Our budget is near 20K...

About my cousin
He is branded & legal Tech Guru.. got point ?

Meaning that he will only accept top branded phone... also never think to root & such thing... But very particular & research a lot abt his choice ..

So any suggestion for him ..

1. Android is top OS but what abt others Win 8 looks promising

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

found one

Moto Atrix 2
+ Dual Core, 8 MP, 1080p Video, 8GB on board
- Old, No ICS on Board

any other os good phone ?

What you say contradicts your opinion about him. Anyways, go for the atrix 2 or optimus 2x. Nexus is out of budget and is not advisable to be bought especially if he is a tech guru only for namesake
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Sony Xperia (Am not sure of the model Sola,U,S,P they got so many lol), HTC One V, Galaxy Nexus is a bit out of budget for you.
But remember, the battery of an android phone has loose motions on stock roms.

Win 8 is siht imo, no good apps in app market, high cost of device and which isn't worth the price tag, no guarantee of upgrades/future support [Win 7.5 users are not getting a Win 8 update] (You don't have any win 8 device under 20k btw, the only 1 now I know of is Lumia 900 which looks like a piece of the 4 letter S word). You'll end up saying "I could have better purchased a year's membership in that club with this money and purchased another android/BB phone worth 20k" if you buy a Win 8 device.

Take my advice and ask him what he wants. Or atleast ask him what brand he prefers. If he gets what he really wants than he would appreciate it much more. And yeah brand freaks usually don't prefer motorola. Xperia sola or xperia P would be a much better option for him if you prefer to give him a surprise.

Win 8 is siht imo, no good apps in app market, high cost of device and which isn't worth the price tag, no guarantee of upgrades/future support [Win 7.5 users are not getting a Win 8 update] (You don't have any win 8 device under 20k btw, the only 1 now I know of is Lumia 900 which looks like a piece of the 4 letter S word). You'll end up saying "I could have better purchased a year's membership in that club with this money and purchased another android/BB phone worth 20k" if you buy a Win 8 device.
There is no Windows Phone 8 in the market.

Take my advice and ask him what he wants. Or atleast ask him what brand he prefers. If he gets what he really wants than he would appreciate it much more. And yeah brand freaks usually don't prefer motorola. Xperia sola or xperia P would be a much better option for him if you prefer to give him a surprise.

You are perfect I just tried to find his like & dislike of brand & surprising Moto is not in his preference list....

He likes HTC / SAMSUNG / Sony no LG no Moto Don't even think Indian brands... Think i like Moto VFM & Dual core makes it future proof ...

I just found Intel Atom based first smart phone LAVA X900 near budget ... Hows it ?

You are perfect I just tried to find his like & dislike of brand & surprising Moto is not in his preference list....

He likes HTC / SAMSUNG / Sony no LG no Moto Don't even think Indian brands... Think i like Moto VFM & Dual core makes it future proof ...

I just found Intel Atom based first smart phone LAVA X900 near budget ... Hows it ?

Why would he want a lava phone :p

though its out of stock at many places and hard to find, try getting an htc sensation if you can manage to find one..
thats the best bet around 21k..

(the original sensation, not the sensation xe)

Lava is an Indian company.

If he needs a dual-SIM there is only one 'premium' phone from HTC, the review is on TE. General opinion on this model was that the pricing was steep.

If dual-SIM is not reqq'd, go for Sola and ask him the color preference.

Back