Budget 15-20K Phone under 20,000

bssunilreddy

Skilled
Hello,

1. Budget?
A: INR 20k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 6.7", IPS AMOLED, FHD and above

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, etc).
A: Android 12.0

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 5G would be an added advantage

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera, mails and internet

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, microSD card slot if internal storage <128GB

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Realme Narzo 50 Pro & Poco X5 Pro

Which phone is best under 20,000

I saw reviews of Realme Narzo 50 Pro & Poco X5 Pro.
Which is best among the above?
Any other alternative phone can be suggested? Please tell me.

Thanks.

IQoo Z7s is SD695 where as iQoo Z7 is Mediatek 920 chipset which is superior in terms of performance.
Iqoo Z7s does not support HDR 10+ where as iqoo Z7 supports but are priced similarly.
+1

My main point was just the SoC, D920 being bit faster. Some people still have reluctance against Mediatek, maybe that's why they released S695 variant.

Some 2 weeks back I saw a lot of hype around Lava Agni 2 among youtubers, I think the phone is under 20k. And most first impression were positive, But again its an Indian brand and with poor products and services in the past. I thought people here will discuss that phone but did not see any discussion.

I am still reluctant to go with Poco X5 Pro as iQoo Z7 is cheaper than Poco but not powerful.

Which one to go with now?
My recommendation stays with Moto G73 & iQoo Z7 (not Z7s). Moto & Xiaomi are equally bad in terms of slow update rollout. Vivo seems faster than them. X5 pro boots android 12 as well, so kind of a con. S778 is faster, but for normal tasks, D920 should suffice.

My recommendation stays with Moto G73 & iQoo Z7 (not Z7s). Moto & Xiaomi are equally bad in terms of slow update rollout. Vivo seems faster than them. X5 pro boots android 12 as well, so kind of a con. S778 is faster, but for normal tasks, D920 should suffice.
IQoo Z7 is not readily available in Amazon as it's price got increased also a bit.
I don't like Moto phones so I went with Realme Narzo 50 Pro.
Same chipset as that of Z7.
But needs to be contended with 2 android updates which starts with Android 12.

Can I use custom ROM in Realme phones after android updates gets used up.

Can I use custom ROM in Realme phones after android updates gets used up.
Realme mobiles generally dont have good custom ROM support. You're best bet for this is to go for a used phone that already has good support or spend slightly more for the Poco X5 Pro (which recently got a LineageOS build). Consider a used Poco X4 Pro maybe.
I don't like Moto phones so I went with Realme Narzo 50 Pro.
Same chipset as that of Z7.
But needs to be contended with 2 android updates which starts with Android 12.
Samsung F23 and M14 are good options as well. From Realme, consider the Realme 10 pro for a bit more, it comes with SD 695 as well. Or the Realme 9 SE, which is IMO a no brainer if you can deal with its mediocre cams. SD 778G + 144hz display is its main selling point.
Edit: 9 SE seems to have a few customs roms as well.

Realme mobiles generally dont have good custom ROM support. You're best bet for this is to go for a used phone that already has good support or spend slightly more for the Poco X5 Pro (which recently got a LineageOS build). Consider a used Poco X4 Pro maybe.

Samsung F23 and M14 are good options as well. From Realme, consider the Realme 10 pro for a bit more, it comes with SD 695 as well. Or the Realme 9 SE, which is IMO a no brainer if you can deal with its mediocre cams. SD 778G + 144hz display is its main selling point.
Edit: 9 SE seems to have a few customs roms as well.
I ordered Realme Narzo 50 Pro but cancelled it later.

What mobile should I buy?

Poco X5 Pro 5G is best right.
This has custom ROMS also right.

Iqoo Z7 isn't readily available but Z7s is available in Amazon.

Please tell.

Please tell.
If you can extend your budget above 20k, then Poco X5 Pro is a great phone and you can definitely go ahead with it. QC and rep are Poco's only flaws now, but nothing has been reported for this phone for now at least. For under 20k, the above 4 would be my recommendations (you could shortlist F23 and 9SE).

If you can extend your budget above 20k, then Poco X5 Pro is a great phone and you can definitely go ahead with it. QC and rep are Poco's only flaws now, but nothing has been reported for this phone for now at least. For under 20k, the above 4 would be my recommendations (you could shortlist F23 and 9SE).
Is ordering from iqoo website good?
It's cash on delivery. Taking 2 to 3 days for delivery.

Please tell.
Wait for a sale. Narzo 50 pro goes to 16.5-18k.
Dont get POCO. Its a shit show. Narzo's proc is much better in everyway. Or just increase budget 5k and get much much better phones with snap dragon 870. Those will be the best 4-5k you will spend.

Wait for a sale. Narzo 50 pro goes to 16.5-18k.
Dont get POCO. Its a shit show. Narzo's proc is much better in everyway. Or just increase budget 5k and get much much better phones with snap dragon 870. Those will be the best 4-5k you will spend.
What are the phones which has SD870?
I think Iqoo Z7 is better then Poco X5 Pro if software support is shitty in Poco.

Back