Budget 15-20K Phone under 20,000

bssunilreddy

Skilled
Hello,

1. Budget?
A: INR 20k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 6.7", IPS AMOLED, FHD and above

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, etc).
A: Android 12.0

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 5G would be an added advantage

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera, mails and internet

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, microSD card slot if internal storage <128GB

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Realme Narzo 50 Pro & Poco X5 Pro

Which phone is best under 20,000

I saw reviews of Realme Narzo 50 Pro & Poco X5 Pro.
Which is best among the above?
Any other alternative phone can be suggested? Please tell me.

Thanks.

Any link for buying
pick it up from their local stores
There is also the basic one

Last edited:
I decided on going the wireless way.
So which is best?
Neckband or Earbuds? Please tell.

For both the above I have chosen Oppo Enco 32 & Oppo Enco Buds.
Please tell me so that I can order.

My budget is 1.8k

Neckbands are safer in terms of chances of dropping & have a higher battery life, but my issue is hygiene. If not in use, it's lying there exposed to the environment,

TWS is more compact, but is more expensive as well. Gone are the days of barely 2-3hrs of playback on a single charge, now buds last for 5-6 hours on a single charge, which is a better number than earlier.

So IMO take your call on what you want.

I'll recommend the Tecno Camon 20 Pro 5G if the following offer comes back. I got it for 9K after exchanging two devices - one for me and one for my mom. It runs smoothly with the A13, and it has close to 7 lakh Antutu score and approximately 700 Mb/s 5G speeds in my area. I've been using it for nearly a month, and I haven't experienced any issues whatsoever. https://www.desidime.com/deals/tecno-camon-20-pro-5g-additional-5000-exchange-bonus

I'll recommend the Tecno Camon 20 Pro 5G if the following offer comes back. I got it for 9K after exchanging two devices - one for me and one for my mom. It runs smoothly with the A13, and it has close to 7 lakh Antutu score and approximately 700 Mb/s 5G speeds in my area. I've been using it for nearly a month, and I haven't experienced any issues whatsoever. https://www.desidime.com/deals/tecno-camon-20-pro-5g-additional-5000-exchange-bonus
Seems nice. Does it have stereo speakers?

Redmi K50i is also good except that it's a LCD display.

Seems nice. Does it have stereo speakers?

Redmi K50i is also good except that it's a LCD display.
Yes. It has stereo speakers. However, I felt that the output of the speaker was a little lower while playing media. It's perfectly fine and loud enough during calls.

The K50i is a fabulous phone, but I thought Tecno was a steal at the price they were selling, with the extra exchange offer and card discounts. I'm not sure how many updates are remaining for the K50i.

They have been selling in the Indian market under their other brands - Infinix and Itel for a few years. @Titokhan here tells me that Tecno is the designer and ODM.

Samsung has been a well-known brand, and yet the Note 7 passed through their quality control (QC).
Those 2 brands are also not recommended in general. Stick to Samsung, Xiaomi, Moto & BBK.

If Galaxy Note 7 & other Xiaomi devices which sells in millions can have QC issues, think about the small companies. There won't be as many people crying online about a small brand which doesn't sell as much. Samsung did recall Note 7 completely. Xiaomi & OP offered free service to some issues in their phones even if it was out of warranty. With those small brands, after sales is questionable considering that a brand like Pixel is also struggling with after sales.

So, I won't recommend Tecno, Infinix or Itel to anyone as there are bigger brands. Also not like these small brands have some amazing VFM specs.

With those small brands, after sales is questionable
It might be anecdotal, but we were early users of the first-sale Xiaomi Mi3, POCO F1 and Asus Laptops in India. Similar skepticism surrounded these devices, but no other company was offering the same specifications in their price range. The Mi3 had a top-tier Snapdragon processor for 14K, while my other LG G2 cost me 40K back then. The same was true for the POCO F1 and the Asus laptop I had.

lso not like these small brands have some amazing VFM specs
No other brand provided me with the Dimensity 8050 for 9K.

I have learned one thing from my experience, and that is to always go for the best hardware within your budget. Higher-tier chips are usually better binned, which results in better and cooler performance. That leads to lower failure. This has been my experience, but it might differ for other people. Recently, I also purchased a laptop with an i9 13900H processor and 32GB of RAM for 70K from the same group (Infinix). Although some family members have criticized me for spending that much on a less popular brand, I don't care because it runs incredibly fast.

It might be anecdotal, but we were early users of the first-sale Xiaomi Mi3, POCO F1 and Asus Laptops in India. Similar skepticism surrounded these devices, but no other company was offering the same specifications in their price range. The Mi3 had a top-tier Snapdragon processor for 14K, while my other LG G2 cost me 40K back then. The same was true for the POCO F1 and the Asus laptop I had.

I have learned one thing from my experience, and that is to always go for the best hardware within your budget. Higher-tier chips are usually better binned, which results in better and cooler performance. That leads to lower failure. This has been my experience, but it might differ for other people. Recently, I also purchased a laptop with an i9 13900H processor and 32GB of RAM for 70K from the same group (Infinix). Although some family members have criticized me for spending that much on a less popular brand, I don't care because it runs incredibly fast.
Thank you for sharing your experience.

I really appreciate @TinTinSnowy 's choice of brands and VFM purchases.
Its very important to understand the details and not just blindly believe BRAND names.
That's what Techenclave is about.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I really appreciate @TinTinSnowy 's choice of brands and VFM purchases.
Its very important to understand the details and not just blindly believe BRAND names.
That's what Techenclave is about.
True. I have had terrible experience with Samsung device. Visited 2 service centres and issue still not resolved.
Device only 1 year 4 months old.
So what aftersales service of big brands are we talking about.

Dont want to derail the Ops post so not going into full details

Last edited:

My grandfather bought an Infinix Hot 10 Play (or something along those lines) mid of last year, which was under 7k. The only other phone in that price range was Redmi A1 I think, which I had a chance to test out at a nearby retailer. Since I was tasked with setting up his phone, I was genuinely blown away by it. It needed some debloating but after that, its 90hz display + a very well optimized UI made for a literally lag and jitter free experience. The Redmi A1, which was actually a bit costlier than the Infinix, was a nightmare, it stuttered whenever I opened an app and was slow as a snail.

I'd be confident in saying that the performance for daily usage on that Infinix puts phones around 20k to shame. He's had no complaints with it, and Infinix is now an easy recommendation for me around 15k for the average type of phone user in my family.

+1 for Infinix phone. I gave my Dad Infinix Note 5 which was near stock Android and it is still going strong as per his needs except for the battery which needs to be topped up every 2-3 hours. But then a phone which is 6 years old has to give up on the battery eventually. I got it for ~8k in 2018 and I would say, I am pretty impressed with the VFM it gave. Very rare to find stock Android phones at such prices today.

Has its price increased since then to 20000/- ?

Back