Budget 20-25K Phone with Clean(ish) OS

weblabourer

Disciple

General :

Budget -

What is your budget? Mention Locality/Currency & Price Range.

(e.g.) INR 20k-25k.

New or Used? Online or in-store?

(e.g.) New. Online.In-Store

Brand -

Do you have any brand preference or dislikes? Please name them.

Any brand is fine as long as there are no intrusive ads which cannot be disabled or shady apps which cannot be uninstalled

Usage -

What is your intended use?

(e.g.) Casual - Calls, texts & Browsing , no gaming

What is your expected battery backup?

(e.g.) A full day of use with 5+ hours of screen-on time.

How long are you intending to use this phone?

(e.g.) Should run fine for 3+ years.

Connectivity -

What is your preferred network?

(i.e.) 4G (or) 5G etc.

What is the number of connections required?

Dual Sim is must

Platform :

Operating System (OS) -​

Do you have any OS preference?

(i.e.) Android

RAM & Storage -

How much RAM and Storage do you want?

6 and 128 Minimum

Do you want a memory card slot?

No

Processing power -​

If you have an idea of how much processing power you'd need mention here, else feel free to ignore.

Enough speed for daily usage

Display :

What is your preferred display size, type, resolution and refresh rate?

Any

Mention any specific requirements here.

LTPO preferred, curved display not preferred

Miscellaneous :

Any other requirements?

If you have already considered a phone, then please mention.

Moto Edge 50 Neo, Nothing 2a, Nord CE 4

If any requirement takes a higher priority than other, mention here.

Overall quality preferred over lots of fancy features

Moto phones do have a good battery life so I'm not surprised if OP is indeed getting a good SOT, thought 13 hours is a bit much, even my edge 30 fusion with a toaster of a 888+ gave me 7-8 hours of SOT when I first got it and after 2 years, still gives me 6 hours+ SOT and lasts almost a full day, caveat being I dont use 5g
I took SOT has total time the screen was on, like what's being shown on Digital Wellbeing lol.

Yeah, it's not close to 13h SOT, more like half that if my highest usage is taken xd

Poco F1 with custom Rom gives me 10-11 hours of SOT (amount of time screen is actually on from 100% to 0%) with general day to day use.

Attachments

• Poco F1 Pixel OS A13 a (1).jpeg
    Poco F1 Pixel OS A13 a (1).jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Poco F1 Pixel OS A13 a (2).jpeg
    Poco F1 Pixel OS A13 a (2).jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Poco F1 Pixel OS A13 a (3).jpeg
    Poco F1 Pixel OS A13 a (3).jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Poco F1 Pixel OS A13 a (4).jpeg
    Poco F1 Pixel OS A13 a (4).jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 13
ah damn nice, havent measured end to end like this, my typical usage patterns range from 100-30%, have you got the battery changed over the years?
You dont need to measure end to end if you have accubattery or custom rom with the screen on time feature in settings. However I have done end to end many times with youtube playing and get the same sot.
Yes, ever since I have had the F1, I have changed the battery 3-4 times every time the health goes below 80-85%. Its cheap and so easy to replace so like why not !

Attachments

• Mobatree battery F1.jpg
    Mobatree battery F1.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 11
Yes, ever since I have had the F1, I have changed the battery 3-4 times every time the health goes below 80-85%. Its cheap and so easy to replace so like why not !
This is the way! I have tried convincing my friends both online/offline many times to get their battery changed after a couple of years but they never do, be it because of the hassle or the expenses. They'd rather make do with shit battery life and lower perf. All my phones have had their battery changed at least one time with an average of 2-3 times.

This is the way! I have tried convincing my friends both online/offline many times to get their battery changed after a couple of years but they never do, be it because of the hassle or the expenses. They'd rather make do with shit battery life and lower perf. All my phones have had their battery changed at least one time with an average of 2-3 times.
may be they have bad experience with repair guy, once open phone for battery replacement invite lots of other problem too.

My Srt.phone, volume button was broke and I went with reputed shop for repair they refuse without any reason and I think they might not interested in chindhi/cheap work, so tried one shop with tapori/slum area (1st time in my life) and that tapori gang burst my srt.phone display and claim that it was the issue that I went with them to repair ... lesson learnt and after that stop suggesting any one to repair handset even if low battery power/life and even if wish to replace battery do visit good big shop (not who out sourced but repair inhouse) and avoid make shift type shop in chawal/slum/temporary shed/illegal hawkers area

may be they have bad experience with repair guy, once open phone for battery replacement invite lots of other problem too.

My Srt.phone, volume button was broke and I went with reputed shop for repair they refuse without any reason and I think they might not interested in chindhi/cheap work, so tried one shop with tapori/slum area (1st time in my life) and that tapori gang burst my srt.phone display and claim that it was the issue that I went with them to repair ... lesson learnt and after that stop suggesting any one to repair handset even if low battery power/life and even if wish to replace battery do visit good big shop (not who out sourced but repair inhouse) and avoid make shift type shop in chawal/slum/temporary shed/illegal hawkers area
always service center for me, I dont trust any independent repair shop, specially in India

Poco F1 with custom Rom gives me 10-11 hours of SOT (amount of time screen is actually on from 100% to 0%) with general day to day use.
My replacement battery on F1 went kaboom, so I ended up buying another phone altogether haha
I wanted NFC and wireless charging.

Though, my maximum SOT for poco F1 was at most 6hrs, and the edge 50 neo does last longer than it. And has a brighter screen.

However, I'm thinking of getting another battery for poco F1 and turn it into a music player xD

Back