Budget 15-20K Phone within 20k budget

skylark

Adept
1. Q: Budget?
A: 20k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Exclude the Indian companies like Micromax, Karbonn etc.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android 4.0 or whatever is latest

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G, Wifi

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, mails and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim, should have a strong battery life, should be sturdy.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: None so far, considering the huge variety!

In Dark theme your replied text cant be seen !! Its all black ...

Consider Galaxy Grand ... However there are no interesting products from top tier companies around 20k as of now ... Either the offerings are old or better spec product is available from Indian mfg at lower cost ...

@skylark - If you can increase your budget a bit, you can go for Xperia SL; with a much better cam, display, dev support (official and non-official). Battery life may not live up to your expectations, but will do fine. IMHO, it's the best phone in this price bracket. Another option may be Nexus 4, but then again, no official launch, ultra costly repairs are big deal-breakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
@skylark - If you can increase your budget a bit, you can go for Xperia SL; with a much better cam, display, dev support (official and non-official). Battery life may not live up to your expectations, but will do fine. IMHO, it's the best phone in this price bracket. Another option may be Nexus 4, but then again, no official launch, ultra costly repairs are big deal-breakers.
LG Optimus L9 - Good specs but not so good cam, will save you money as well.
Sony Xperia SL - Will need to increase your budget a bit, but as mentioned above, best in this range.

I'm thinking about Xperia SL now that you have mentioned. Read up the reviews online, did seem nice!

If you dont mind purchasing online, then pick up the Xperia SL from ebay for 20k
Link - http://www.ebay.in/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160985870258

This is a powerseller, but with seller warranty

or check the HTC desire SV with manufacturer warranty - http://www.ebay.in/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190807453520

Yes, I checked that out yesterday about Xperia. Checking out HTC Desire SV too. I might just go for either one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. Considering I don't change my phones often(I used my Nokia 6233 for 5yrs+), it's a good choice to invest that much.

Any case you bought with it? Although I used a silicon case most of the times, I was tempted to use it without the case to show-off its sleekness. But within 2 days, managed to bump it against my desk and a small part of back panel chipped off :(.
So i'm using now with a capdase back cover. Need to get a microSD card soon as I am almost always running out of the available 11GB memory. I watch a lot of tv series and have a couple fo HD games installed.

Back