PiHole not working for YouTube Ads

I know, that YouTube uses the same domain for video and ad serving, therefore DNS-based ad-blocking would not work to block Video Ads.

Is there a workaround, you guys are using?

ublock origin for pc and revanced for mobile
That is too much hassle, especially for the devices you do not own.

Isn't there AdBlock for the whole network? Perhaps we can sniff the packets and reject them based on the URL. I know that is nearly impossible to do as routers do not work on the application layer.

That is too much hassle, especially for the devices you do not own.

Isn't there AdBlock for the whole network? Perhaps we can sniff the packets and reject them based on the URL. I know that is nearly impossible to do as routers do not work on the application layer.
Unfortunately no. Even for ublock origin and revanced, YT ad blocking has become a moving target -
If it is too much then best to get a YT subscription. Perhaps one of the Mods can merge this to the Pihole thread.

By solution, do you mean subscription ? If yes, please suggest a fool proof solution to the OP, other than, of course, not using YT.
nope there isn't any, I just wanted to point out the caveats, anyways I use Revanced extended and just build the apks myself every month, takes me like 5 minutes for no ads/sponsorblock/return youtube dislikes and other custom patches, more than worth it imo

nope there isn't any, I just wanted to point out the caveats, anyways I use Revanced extended and just build the apks myself every month, takes me like 5 minutes for no ads/sponsorblock/return youtube dislikes and other custom patches, more than worth it imo
Unfortunately Google is actively countering Revanced now. I use Revanced with Premium and have no issues but my family members on the same version and network are facing buffering issues every now and then. If someone blinks first, it will be Revanced rather than Google.

Unfortunately Google is actively countering Revanced now. I use Revanced with Premium and have no issues but my family members on the same version and network are facing buffering issues every now and then. If someone blinks first, it will be Revanced rather than Google.
eh, I trust the community, we have always bounced back even if it took some time.

Not faced any buffering issues but I find myself having to restart the phone every few days as it gets hot. This has happened since the last revanced rebuild

Back